Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-07-2019, 04:20 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Wyoming
THOR #15252
LCI leveling jacks

I have a 2016 Hurricane. I am having problems with the leveling system, it is reading error I either get a jacks up or jacks down message and beeps when I’m going down the road.
I push enter and retract to reset. Then I turn it off and it comes back on and I have to reset every couple of minutes. Has anyone else had issues with the leveling system. Appreciate any feed back.

Old 05-07-2019, 07:15 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
I had a similar problem in our previous class C. Sorry to report that it was the hydraulic pump motor. There may be other possible causes but that is definitely one possible cause.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:28 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
Have you checked the fluid level. I had a system that if the level was low it would beep while going down the road.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
LCI leveling jacks

I had a similar issue after picking my rig up from the dealer after warranty work earlier this spring.

First problem was the 100A breaker under the rig next to the battery box was tripped.

Then I found that I was getting a Jacks Down error even when the levelers were all the way up.

When doing an Auto Retract the pump would keep running until it tripped the 100A breaker..... leading to a low voltage alarm.

After a bunch of troubleshooting, I ordered a new pressure switch from Amazon because I didn’t want to drive 5 hours back to the dealer. That solved my problem.

Turns out the pressure switch was not sensing the pressure buildup when the jacks were retracted to trip the switch and shut off the pump. It’s been working just fine since.... and I wrote Thor and they reimbursed me for the part.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:45 AM   #5

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
Did you contact Lippert customer service?