Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-30-2017, 10:48 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Ok, I today ordered the Temp Stick, since summer is coming, and I am only slightly paranoid about leaving our dog in the motorhome when we are not there. At least I will be able to monitor the temperature while we are away, and will know if the AC fails, in time to get back there and save her. Will post what I think of it, when it gets here.
We bought the CANARY which has camera, temperature, and motion detection.It notifies our cell phones, and can run off house batteries via USB connection. Also montiors WIFI connection.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:59 AM   #22

State: Alabama
THOR #7263
Pet Inside

You can buy a pet inside stick on sign at Pet World. It looks like a yellow highway sign and sticks on with a suction cup. It says " PET INSIDE PLEASE RESCUE" . If I remember right it was $2.00
Old 05-01-2017, 01:59 AM   #23

Model: Hurricane34F
State: Texas
THOR #7086
We use a dlink wifi camera that detects motion and has 2 way sound which sends an alert to our cell phones for sound and motion to look in on our dogs works well but does not do temp. No way I would leave ours unlocked. The rescue pets placard is a good idea as we have one for our home.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:08 AM   #24

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdd001 View Post
We use a dlink wifi camera that detects motion and has 2 way sound which sends an alert to our cell phones for sound and motion to look in on our dogs works well but does not do temp. No way I would leave ours unlocked. The rescue pets placard is a good idea as we have one for our home.
The temp monitoring was the top reason we got the CANARY, we definitely wanted a way to monitor temps for the pups..
Old 05-01-2017, 03:50 PM   #25

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
Temperature stick will have a plug in model in about 2 mos

Spoke with them again today, and the new plug in model is close. They are just working on the outer casing, all internals for the new product are complete. I am trying to hold out for this model, as I don't want to have issues with forgetting to change the batteries as they will wear down faster with every 15 minute checks.