Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-13-2016, 04:01 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 38re
State: Florida
THOR #3651
Looking for a Thor Executive Contact

Does anyone have contact information for an executive at Thor? I have 2015 Outlaw 38re and had many issues with being out of service over 90 days in the first year. They assigned a consumer affairs person to help resolve but after 1 year no resolution. No matter how many times I ask, he will not provide me any other contact or send me to the level leadership.

Old 02-13-2016, 04:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
If you look at Thor's annual report and proxy statement, both available on line, it will provide you the names of the board of directors, executive officers and the principle business address.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:00 AM   #3

Model: Windsport34F
State: California
THOR #3382
Thor poor service

What you have experienced is in my experience, and many others, is typical THOR Warranty (no) Service.

You can contact higher ups. My experience with corporations is they rot from the head down. Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

We bought our THOR in October, 2015. Brand new Windsport. Have not yet been able to use it for 1 single night! Drove it home from the dealer, and ended up with a defect list a mile long. It has been in a total of 9 shops, all recommended by THOR, or Ford.

Picked it up today, after 3 weeks in RV shop, and 7 weeks in Ford dealers, this time, and it is STILL UNSAFE to drive! It goes back on Tuesday, and frankly, I don't expect it is ever going to be repaired!

My advice is to look into the Federal Lemon Law. Quit believing anyone at THOR cares, or is going to help you, no matter how high up you go. Just my experience. Hope yours is better.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:15 AM   #4

Model: Outlaw 29h
State: Missouri
THOR #980
Thor primarily works through their dealers. If the dealer is any good they'll have a warranty person who knows how to get repairs authorized. Thor's warranty is for one year, but many times they will extend the time and authorize a repair. I had a transfer switch go out on my Outlaw 29h, last summer, I was about 2 months out of warranty but they fixed it anyway.
Towed: 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Toy hauling: BMW F700 GS & G650 GS (Sertao)
MrZip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:50 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Dealing with Thor is definitely a Jekyll and Hyde kind of thing: There are many on here who worked with Thor during their warranty period and have nothing but good things to say about Thor, and there are many on here, like mentioned above, have had a nightmare trying to get Thor's assistance with their warranty claims..its very odd.

Myself have always had positive interactions with Thor whether warranty claim or not..
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:47 PM   #6

THOR #3382
Federal Lemon Law

I think you need to find a lawyer versed in the new Federal Consumer Law. Unless your state has a very strong Lemon Law, and most don't, especially in regards to RV's, the new Federal law is a Godsend!

The new Federal law gives you 18 months, or 18K miles to file. I would expect that THOR, and others in the industry, will soon change their warranty coverage period to match the new Federal law time limits. They would be crazy not to.

But if you are stuck with one of THOR's, or any other manufacturer's POS, the new Federal law gives you real leverage. For example, if it is a safety related problem, the manufacturer, either Ford, or THOR, or any of the appliances, only get 2 chances to make it right, then you can file, and ask that you be 100% refunded, or the vehicle replaced!

So what is safety related? How about a slide that won't retract? Its not safe to drive if the slide won't retract! Or, slides open under way!

What about auto levelers? Cant drive it safely if the auto levelers won't retract! Or drop during driving.

Those are 2 of the most common problems with an RV. If you are stuck with either problem, and its been repaired twice, it seems to me that the third time either system breaks, you are lawsuit eligible!

This new law gives consumers, especially of poorly designed and built RV's, real clout.

No more, its been 6 times to try and get the slide to work properly! 2 times, and its a safety issue, Federal lawsuit!

I have never sued anyone in my life, and I abhor that it takes a Federal law to finally give a consumer the same kind of clout that unscrupulous manufacturers have always had. Maybe the threat of knowing that consumers can cause them real headaches if they are screwed over, will make manufacturers deal with consumers honestly. One can only hope.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:55 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 27K
THOR #2544
What is the name of the law?
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:50 PM   #8

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #3186
I for one would like to see a little more detail to your post. As far as I can tell this is your first and only post. I have found Thor's warranty service people to be very helpful and accommodating.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:57 PM   #9

THOR #3382
Gump

Look harder there are 2 posts just in this string.

What is it you are asking?

My experience with THOR has been anything but positive, but I don't go making strings about them. I do reply when someone asks for help with similar problems. Usually I do so privately, to avoid arguments with people that have different opinions.

The info on the new Federal law is important to get out.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:03 AM   #10

THOR #3186
I was replying to Walt, the originator of the thread. He never said what his problems were.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:08 AM   #11

THOR #3186
I have not found any reference to a new Federal Consumer Law. Does anyone have specific info.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:38 PM   #12

Model: 34B
State: New Jersey
THOR #3523
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post
What is the name of the law?
Magnuson Moss warranty act
Old 02-24-2016, 06:55 PM   #13
Site Team

Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 Challenger View Post
Magnuson Moss warranty act
The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act has been around since 1975 and is not new as mentioned in the post above.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:34 AM   #14

State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
faulty full wall slide Miramar 33.4

We have been unhappy with our RV experience with Thor thus far.

I will admit that there are a number of personalities, some of which have been polite and professional. Some really do care about the customer - and want to make it right. Unfortunately, we had initial dealings with a poor customer service personality who may have cause us our consequences. He no longer works for Thor......

We purchased a 2017 Miramar 33.4 with a faulty 2 track slide that was supposed to come with the 3Trac system. The RV had many other issues, but nothing that we construed as highly problematic (this was our 3rd RV / 2nd class A).

We allowed the dealer to repair the slide (which malfunctioned on our 1st trip). The slide continued to malfunction and now drifted during travel and the synch box showed multiple circuit shorts. The dealer could not repair despite 3 attempts.

We sent it to Indiana this past December for what we hoped would be a final diagnosis and 4th repair. It was delivered back to us still broken in February (and the 2 inch drift worsened). We terminated any further attempt at repair once they discussed "grinding" boxes down.

We had no other alternative but to hire an attorney and "revoke acceptance" of our RV. We are still in litigation with no end in sight. If you do decide to go the litigation route, I recommend a consumer rights attorney. Make sure you are objective and keep a good log of communications. Try not to let your emotions get the better of you - but stand for what you think is right. A wrong and an attorney will get their attention.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:14 PM   #15

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
THOR #4443
Seems like a good idea is to just walk in to a dealer with a big smile on your face and say" I would like to trade in my beautiful RV for something a little smaller". Then let the dealer worry about the POS. You will take a substantial hit money wise but it will be a lot less than what you will spend on attorneys plus you can still be enjoying a new RV.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #16

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
Seems like a good idea is to just walk in to a dealer with a big smile on your face and say" I would like to trade in my beautiful RV for something a little smaller". Then let the dealer worry about the POS. You will take a substantial hit money wise but it will be a lot less than what you will spend on attorneys plus you can still be enjoying a new RV.

That's what I would do. It would make me mad but I'd get over it. Maybe take the new one Thor offered first though to improve my bargaining position (seems like a fair attempt to me). Life's too short....
Old 07-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #17
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
That's what I would do. It would make me mad but I'd get over it. Maybe take the new one Thor offered first though to improve my bargaining position (seems like a fair attempt to me). Life's too short....
We did that long ago: Had a travel trailer that basically fell apart on us. Instead of going through all the hassles just traded it in for a different unit. Problem solved.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cel