Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2018, 04:05 AM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Oregon
THOR #9314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docgoulart View Post
So, we are in Colorado and it is currently snowing. We spent the day trying to empty the pump tank water, after running all of the faucets, opening the two openings at the water pump, and then emptying the grey water. We bought this RV 4 days ago and never got an inservice about it. Hopefully I did what I needed to in order to not have the pipes freeze tonight. Thoughts, please! Thanks. Mary

Can you get it to a thor dealer where you are and have the service or if sales folks will go over that with you. If service does they may charge you a bit for their time

Old 10-14-2018, 04:28 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #13138
We did take it to a Thor dealer 2 days ago and got a briefing about what we should pay attention to. Unfortunately the tech did not know a number of things about this rig. Like where the water pump was and where the drains were. Pretty basic stuff was not explained to us, and we paid for it anyway. Sooo, we are trying to figure other issues with folks that are on forums like this one. I have learned a lot about the RV that we bought
Old 10-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #23

THOR #9314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docgoulart View Post
We did take it to a Thor dealer 2 days ago and got a briefing about what we should pay attention to. Unfortunately the tech did not know a number of things about this rig. Like where the water pump was and where the drains were. Pretty basic stuff was not explained to us, and we paid for it anyway. Sooo, we are trying to figure other issues with folks that are on forums like this one. I have learned a lot about the RV that we bought

Have you tried Thor? I was able to get schematics e-mailed to me of the water systems, also the electrical systems.
Good luck, i am still learning about mine.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:30 PM   #24

THOR #9314
Ok everyone I have an idea, remember I am a 70 year old female [emoji23].
I winterized my 2018 vegas 27.7 the other day with anti-freeze via 12volt pump.
I have never been able to confirm where the low point drain for fresh water tank is located.
Sooo here is my idea. I think it is the 3 rd line with valve in the sewer compartment. I take about 1/2 cup of RV antifreeze, pour it into city water fill into fresh water tank, then turn that valve open and see if pink comes out, if it does have i found the low point drain?
Then in spring i can rinse fresh water tank a bunch of times to get any residual out.
Am i on the right track???
Old 10-14-2018, 09:37 PM   #25

Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gc.lonefir View Post
Ok everyone I have an idea, remember I am a 70 year old female [emoji23].
I winterized my 2018 vegas 27.7 the other day with anti-freeze via 12volt pump.
I have never been able to confirm where the low point drain for fresh water tank is located.
Sooo here is my idea. I think it is the 3 rd line with valve in the sewer compartment. I take about 1/2 cup of RV antifreeze, pour it into city water fill into fresh water tank, then turn that valve open and see if pink comes out, if it does have i found the low point drain?
Then in spring i can rinse fresh water tank a bunch of times to get any residual out.
Am i on the right track???
I would say you are on the wrong track. I would not add antifreeze to you fresh water tank. Normally even when you drain the freshwater tank, there still remains water in them as the drain is normally on the side at the bottom. In some case to totally remove it you need to tilt the RV. So adding a half cup of water will not show pink coming out. If you add antifreeze it will take quite a bit of rinsing to get it out. It will also cause foaming in your hot water heater, until it is all removed. So next spring if you go the antifreeze to the water tank route do not open your hot water tank bypass until you get all of the antifreeze out.
In your previous post you state that you received the schematics from Thor. On the fresh water schematic it will show where the tank drain and low point drains are. Hopefully someone with your model will help you.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:57 PM   #26

Model: 2022 Tellaro 20AT
THOR #8835
Low point drain valve

On my 2018 Freedom Elite 26 HE, the low point drain valves are under the bed, behind a panel you have to remove. Just pull up the round metal clips and the water will drain out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6752.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	13507   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6754.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	13508  

Old 10-14-2018, 10:56 PM   #27

THOR #9314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrr View Post
I would say you are on the wrong track. I would not add antifreeze to you fresh water tank. Normally even when you drain the freshwater tank, there still remains water in them as the drain is normally on the side at the bottom. In some case to totally remove it you need to tilt the RV. So adding a half cup of water will not show pink coming out. If you add antifreeze it will take quite a bit of rinsing to get it out. It will also cause foaming in your hot water heater, until it is all removed. So next spring if you go the antifreeze to the water tank route do not open your hot water tank bypass until you get all of the antifreeze out.

In your previous post you state that you received the schematics from Thor. On the fresh water schematic it will show where the tank drain and low point drains are. Hopefully someone with your model will help you.

Yes schematics show those but alas they don’t match what is there. Thor doesn’t seem to be able to tell me what the 3rd line with valve in sewer compartment is. They swear up and down there is no 3 rd line.

Ok so no antifreeze down the fresh water tank. I could put the front wheels up on ramps and see if anymore water will come out that 3 rd line. (I do know the 3rd line is coming from freshwater tank, no questions there.) thank you all for patience snd thoughts and ideas.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:44 AM   #28

THOR #13138
Sorry, I will send a picture tomorrow. But, the low point is in the back compartment. You have to remove the backing and that reveals two valves, one to the water pump and one to the water tank. Just open the valve to the water tank to drain the low point. Good luck , Mary
Old 11-14-2018, 11:19 PM   #29

State: North Carolina
THOR #9217
Drains

Speaking of low point drain openings, does anyone know where they are located on the 2015 Thor Chateau? I cannot even locate where the lines exit the coach. I have emailed Thor twice with no response. I used the owners' manual for kindling so I cannot use it for reference. BTW, it may very poor kindling.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:50 PM   #30
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
Speaking of low point drain openings, does anyone know where they are located on the 2015 Thor Chateau? I cannot even locate where the lines exit the coach. I have emailed Thor twice with no response. I used the owners' manual for kindling so I cannot use it for reference. BTW, it may very poor kindling.
Have you called Thor (the # is on their customer service page) with your VIN asking for all of the engineering diagrams for your coach? The fresh water diagram will show where they are.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:17 PM   #31

THOR #20445
1" fresh water tank drain for Thor Daybreak motorhome 27db

Looking for the 1" fresh water tank drain on the Thor Daybreak 27db.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:37 PM   #32

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnegan View Post
Looking for the 1" fresh water tank drain on the Thor Daybreak 27db.
As said before water tank drain will usually be in the inlet line to the pump which comes from the water tank. Each model coach will be different. Only if the model and suffix match will the drain be in the same place.

My water tank is in the forward compartment on the passengers side and the pump is under the sink directly above. The 1/2" blue pex pipe out of the tank has a tee with two chrome 1/4 turn valves and a 1/2" pipe female pipe fitting with plastic plug. Open both valves and the tanks drains. Close both valves and feed antifreeze into the 1/2" female pipe fitting with an adapter and rubber hose or you use an airline to blow out the water lines. Open the tank's valve and close the drain valve an the pump suck out of the tank below it. The low point drains are under the sink in the outside kitchen, 25 feet aft of the water tank.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote