Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-04-2018, 10:42 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Tennessee
THOR #6584
MH Tire Insurance

I am contemplating buying Flat Tire Insurance from Good Sam Club. Anyone have comments or can suggest a better insurance? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:07 AM   #2

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
The only extended warranty we've ever purchased has been the wheel and tire insurance. I was a bit unsure at purchase time - cost us about $500. In Aug 2017 we had a slow leak in the side of tire - unrepairable. Insurance paid most of the $650 cost (labor, tire, disposal, etc). In Dec 2017, had a total blowout of front passenger side tire. Fortunately the wheel wasn't damaged. Had to replace the tire - obviously. Cost again was about $650. So - all totaled policy has covered roughly $1200 vs $500 purchase.

We have traveled more than 54k miles in the last 42 months. If you are going to travel a great deal in your coach, 1 tire and a similar warranty would pay for itself easily.

We purchased ours from Wholesale Warranty. You can find them on line.

CAUTION: Understand the claim process BEFORE you fix the tire. It is easily done but it MUST be done or $0 reimbursement or payments.

Just our experience.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:59 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submansd View Post
......cut...... Anyone have comments .......cut......
On most things I can afford to take the hit comfortably, I self insure. In the long run I assume it should cost less.

My last set of tires went over 80,000 miles without a single flat. Eventually one blew from old age, but that was expected and wouldn’t have been covered anyway. Any insure cost would have been a waste for me on this occasion. Next time it may be different, but I’m willing to finance the risk rather than pay someone else to do it for me.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:04 AM   #4

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
I have been the same way on self insure except for this one time. And it worked out.

Tags
flat tire, good sam, insurance