Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2017, 12:45 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
Most popular floorplan Axis/Vegas

Which floor plan is the most popular? Which did you choose and why?

Old 01-04-2017, 12:52 AM   #2

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Axis Floor Plan

We chose the Axis 24.1 for two main reasons when it came to the floor plan. First, we wanted to stick with a unit that was less than 26 feet long. Second, we don't care for anything with a corner bed configuration and the two single beds that can be converted to one large bed in the rear of the coach worked for us. It was pretty much the same with the Winnebago View 24V model. Our first MH purchase so we opted for less money and a unit that drove better than the sprinter chassis in my opinion.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:12 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
The 24.1 floorplan was the first and, hence, most likely has the most sales due to its head start.
Following that the 25.2 and 25.3 plans seem to also be quite popular around the forums here.

We purchased our unit back in 2014 when only the 24.1 floorplan was available. So I guess you could say we really didn't have a choice LOL. Saw it at a camper show and loved it; we were really impressed at a lot of the thoughtful features (like the tables being stored behind the couch--everything seemed to have a place).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:51 AM   #4

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Chose 24.1 for twin beds, inside and outside storage, and length. The 25' was the perfect length for my wife &I.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:08 AM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
We have owned two 24.1's and have looked at all the different models and they came out. I agree with axis earl's comments. Those were the same reasons we bought the first and after two years the second 24.1. We also like the ability to camp for a night without opening the slide with no real effect except the extra room. There have been a bunch of places we have gone into over the past three years that have had a 25' limit. For us it is small enough that we have not felt the need to tow. That is a huge advantage in my book.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:57 AM   #6

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
We chose the 25.2, since the slide is at the rear the coach can fit into narrower spaces. We liked the couch instead of the dinette, and since the slide is not behind the driver's seat, it allows for more room in the cockpit for a six foot two guy.

Also, the 25.2 has a bigger shower as well as a walk around bed in the back. The bedroom has a solid door that separates it from the living area and the bathroom.

And the entire coach is only three foot longer than our Ford excursion (which is hard to believe) we also travel with three furry kids, so the couch and bedroom has more "family" room.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:53 AM   #7

THOR #6203
I had an opportunity today to check out both floor plans and I'm leaning toward the 25.2 because it not only has a larger shower but also offers more counter space in the bath as well.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:05 AM   #8

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
We chose the 25.3 because we preferred a dinette rather than a couch, and we also preferred the dual closets/cabinets, and the layout of the bath. We needed something under 30 feet in length in order to park it at our home, and we liked the Axis/Vegas design more than similar length Class Cs.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:17 PM   #9

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
I had an opportunity today to check out both floor plans and I'm leaning toward the 25.2 because it not only has a larger shower but also offers more counter space in the bath as well.
Agree completely -- best bathroom. Kitchen counter is a little larger than 24.1 also.

Personally would like to see Thor offer 25.2 floorplan with 24.1's Twin/King bedroom. And while they are at it, they should install a MegaStorage garage under beds large enough for full size bikes and kayaks like they just introduced in WindSport 31Z Class A. Obviously they know some buyers want a large garage or they wouldn't make such a big deal of it in ads, so why not offer it on at least one Axis/Vegas floorplan? And the 24.1's bedroom with Twin/King beds is the only floorplan that lends itself to a Euro-style garage large enough for larger toys.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:48 PM   #10

THOR #6203
Chance I totally agree. The 25.2 with the twin bed option would be Perfect for me!
Old 01-04-2017, 05:55 PM   #11

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
The walk-around bed in the 25.2 was the main reason I chose it.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:27 PM   #12

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Well, you can at least walk around half the bed of a 25.2.

Seriously though, a rear queen would be very nice too; but would require adding 1-1/2 feet to motorhome length compared to Twin/King. Given that everything is a compromise of one type or another, I'd utilize any extra length for larger bath and kitchen over roomier bedroom. For us the rear bedroom slide is a non-starter.

I also like that bedroom in 24.1 has upper storage along three walls. That's a lot of extra room in a small motorhome. And if they also added MegaStorage under bedroom, it would make for a roomy compact motorhome.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:38 PM   #13

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Well, you can at least walk around half the bed of a 25.2.

Seriously though, a rear queen would be very nice too; but would require adding 1-1/2 feet to motorhome length compared to Twin/King. Given that everything is a compromise of one type or another, I'd utilize any extra length for larger bath and kitchen over roomier bedroom. For us the rear bedroom slide is a non-starter.

I also like that bedroom in 24.1 has upper storage along three walls. That's a lot of extra room in a small motorhome. And if they also added MegaStorage under bedroom, it would make for a roomy compact motorhome.
There's is quite a bit of storage at the rear of the 24.1, outside under the beds. It runs the whole width of the coach and opens from both ends.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:57 PM   #14
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys
There's is quite a bit of storage at the rear of the 24.1, outside under the beds. It runs the whole width of the coach and opens from both ends.
Yeah there is a lot of room but not enough to store something like a bicycle or two (something Chance would like to do).

To make it bigger would require raising the beds up a few inches (maybe 6") and, possibly relocating the generator, and monkey with the frame a little so the pass through could be taller all the way through.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:13 PM   #15

THOR #2271
The 25.2 has 3 large drawers in the bottom of the bed. So "I think" that makes up for the wrap around storage on the 24.1.

Look, lets not make this an argument. EACH model has different features that are attractive to different people. I embrace the differences, and similarities, in the Thor Axis/Vegas floorplans.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:54 PM   #16

THOR #1765
No argument. That's why they build different models. Different people have different wants and desires. Just interesting to see why people like one model over another. We looked hard at all the different Axis models when we bought our second 24.1 and it was a hard choice. Each has its own merits and shortcomings.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:32 AM   #17

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
We chose the 25.2, since the slide is at the rear the coach can fit into narrower spaces. We liked the couch instead of the dinette, and since the slide is not behind the driver's seat, it allows for more room in the cockpit for a six foot two guy.

Also, the 25.2 has a bigger shower as well as a walk around bed in the back. The bedroom has a solid door that separates it from the living area and the bathroom.

Agree with MO Mike on these points. The 25.2 is our Goldilocks coach, not too big and not too small. I fits us just right. RVs are like shoes, we all like different types and styles. Preferences can change over time, depending on who you take along and where you go.

I like that the Vegas has no power steps and the slide out is relatively small and light. The extra inches from the rear slide has kept us out of few campsites, and has never been a problem for parking lot overnights.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:31 PM   #18

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
We just went through process of going larger from our 2016 24.1. Once everything is considered. Is hard to beat the effectiveness of the Vegas. It can be cramped when traveling on road with 2 dog crates, but is hard to beat overall efficiency. If neede, I could even drive Vegas to work.

We ultimately decided to keep Vegas. A little extra room is not justified when operating cost, external size and real ease of use is factored in. The Vegas is more like having another SUV but on steroids. Wife is now getting used to driving it some. She really did great for her first real would trip.

The 24.1 fits us best and between internal and exterior storage has our needs covered.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:28 AM   #19

THOR #6206
We just bought a 25.2.

We've been driving a Dodge Roadtrek for 15 years, 182,000 miles. (loved it) We just needed more storage and are going to rode trip with grandsons, so more room needed.
We are Loving the surprise longer storage area under the cock pit for fishing poles, long straight oak firewood from our trees, broom, etc. Other highlights have been mentioned except we park in front of friend's homes at times on the road and a rear slide works perfect. The slide behind the coach or 25.3 bedroom would extend into traffic.
We also think the sink and counter in bathroom may work as a kitchen assist.
Just today I filled ice trays there as my wife lined the drawers. Our second day in having possession of this beauty.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:39 AM   #20

Model: SOB
State: Colorado
THOR #2733
Got to give a shout out to the 25.1. We love the flexibility the back room offers. While driving it allows my 2 teenagers a place to play Wii and play their music without annoying us up front. It gives my wife a place to work and hold conference calls. When parked at a campground it becomes a changing room. And at night we have a 4 inch foam pad that makes a very comfortable bed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rear lounge 2015b.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	3687   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1109z.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	3688