Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-05-2019, 10:40 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Florida
THOR #16050
Yikes! [emoji2962]...lots of stuff to be concerned with/about. I appreciate you taking the time and sharing the info. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgunnin View Post
PLEASE have water test done on the slides in closed, open and duplicate in transit. Water test the windshield. Do not leave the lot without having Michelin Tire put on the unit. The Hankook are junk.
To get your unit to handle well the tire change, Safe T Plus. I also had tp install Heavy Duty front and rear sway bars, Trak Bar, all by Roadmaster.
The On Demand hot water tank take a special adjustment. The tank access is made by removing the drawers under the pantry.
Be prepared to spend 18 months getting this correct.
Now for a new one. The generator may have a defective fuel pump. The generator will run for about 1.5-2 hours and shut off. Onan will replace.
LEAKS-LEAKS-LEAKS.
Check drawers and doors for fit.
As one gentleman states the sewer is a fun think to learn.
The water in the bath sink goes into the Blackwater holding tank.
Might be best to have a talk. I have so many great things to warn you about. [emoji38]

Old 08-05-2019, 12:22 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Be tough on them during the delivery process; but don't burn any bridges...
A lot of patience, and a decent sense of humor will also help a lot!
Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:27 AM   #23

State: Texas
THOR #13816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Be tough on them during the delivery process; but don't burn any bridges...
A lot of patience, and a decent sense of humor will also help a lot!
Good luck!
Bob is correct. A sense of humor and patience is very helpful. We purchased a Vegas a few months ago. Our PDI was short and sweet. I was disappointed by the lack of effort from our salesman during the process, but I was also anxious to take our new purchase home. I had a list of questions that were important to us. Reading this forum before we purchased helped tremendously in that respect. Still, we did not cover everything during the PDI. One glaring item we discovered once we had taken our first trip is that our black tank flush had never been connected. We also had an overhead cabinet door that failed, a kitchen drawer that wouldn’t stay closed, and our bathroom door kept opening while we were driving.

Our dealership is 3 hours away from us, so we scheduled an appointment and took a leisurely 2 night trip on our way to the dealership. We used that time to determine any other issues we might have. We also arrived with a list of new questions that had not been answered during the PDI.

Our dealership’s service department is great! We told them we would be waiting at the dealership while they made the repairs to our RV. It took a few hours, but they made all of the repairs except those that required them to order parts. Those parts have arrived and we need to schedule another trip to have those repairs completed. Some would consider it an inconvenience, but we look at it as just another opportunity to take our Vegas on a trip, lol.

You will absolutely want to add some stability to your RV. You can see in my signature the items we added. The initial trip home on I-10 from Baton Rouge was stressful. My husband normally has no issues with driving, but our Vegas was wandering in the relatively low winds we were experiencing as well as being shoved by the 18 wheelers. The items we added greatly improved the handling. I am now comfortable driving it unless there is heavy traffic on a freeway.

So far we have had 4 calls from Thor’s concierge department checking on how things are going with our Vegas. Overall we are very happy with our purchase and I would not hesitate to purchase another Thor product.
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:01 PM   #24

Model: Quantum WS31
THOR #14399
Same experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukongrant View Post
Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your new rig.
I found Ed Felker's Vegas/Axis manual (and this forum) as my best resources when I was picking up our new Compass this spring. The motorhomes are not the same - but the concepts are. You can find the latest version at https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiYx6DLSeiiPgYBSfmvPhwGsR_0TkQ
There's a Pre Delivery Inspection checklist that's outstanding (starting at page 22). I followed it. Took me about 4 hours to go through everything.
Check the mileage and age. If it needs it, get the oil changed. And pay special attention to the coach (house) batteries. Dealers don't maintain them very well. Mine looked good - but I should have put some load on them because they were garbage. Am now trying to get some compensation but am not sure.
I did not find the PDI stressful. Just take your time. Test everything. And make sure they fix things before you take possession. Once you drive it off the lot, you can get warranty work done - but it could take time to make an appointment.
Had the same experience with our Compass 23TR. Everything worked great at the dealer, but on our first trip, the batteries wouldn't charge. Checked them and they were bone dry. Added electrolyte to no no avail, dealer replaced them but a pain to go back to the dealer. Good luck with
yours.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:45 PM   #25

THOR #13966
Dealer Pickup

2 things, #1 Ed Felker's manual is a must, download and red through it before you go. #2 My techs forgot the mattress on the front bunk, the window shade on the back window, and they left the sewer valves open so when I went to empty it I had a Robin Williams moment.
Jeff Strait
Old 08-28-2019, 05:27 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I wonder how the delivery went?
Old 08-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #27

Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
Pssst..(whisper) Bob, is your wife watching QVC? Mine is. Dang Christmas in July is taking away all my cool RV stuff money.
Psst Psst....Mine too..!
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:50 PM   #28
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
You've got to toss the TV remote into the back of the closet...
Old 08-29-2019, 12:22 AM   #29

Model: Vegas 25.5
THOR #12686
That doesn't work these days, Bob...she's got an app for that.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:32 PM   #30

Model: Vegas 27.7
THOR #16050
Thanks for asking. We found a bunch of small issues and a couple of bigger concerns during the walkthrough. The two bigger concerns were a small hole that the awning had and a loud knocking sound while lowering and raising the bed over the driver/passenger seats. The awning is to be replaced and the track too. So, I didn't take delivery. I was however, called this past Friday to let me know that it should be ready for pickup this coming weekend (depending on hurricane Dorian). I am hopeful that the punch list is in fact taken care of when I go pick it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I wonder how the delivery went?
Old 09-02-2019, 10:04 PM   #31
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
That doesn't work these days, Bob...she's got an app for that.
Old 03-03-2020, 07:42 PM   #32

State: North Carolina
THOR #18243
Can anyone tell us where to purchase wall hugging recliners for our Thor ACE 27.1?
Seems like many of you have taken out the bench and replaced it with recliners which is what we hope to do.....any information would be helpful! thanks!!!!
Old 03-03-2020, 09:20 PM   #33
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowd34@gmail.com View Post
Can anyone tell us where to purchase wall hugging recliners for our Thor ACE 27.1?
Seems like many of you have taken out the bench and replaced it with recliners which is what we hope to do.....any information would be helpful! thanks!!!!
I got our dual reclining loveseat from Overstock.com. This is ver close to what we got:

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...=&searchidx=35

You can get 15%+ off very easily there.

Ours is microfiber with storage in the arms like the one above and although not zero clearance wall hugging we only need about 2 inches to be able to fully recline, and you have to have that anyway due to the window behind the loveseat.

If you look at John & Diane's mod thread here:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...html#post71328

You will get a good idea of what needs to be done to make this mod.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:58 PM   #34

State: North Carolina
THOR #18243
Thank you!

Thanks so much for the information on the recliners!!! I will check out Wayfair as well!!!! So great to E-speak with people who really understand camping with a MotorHome!!!!
Old 03-04-2020, 04:57 PM   #35

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowd34@gmail.com View Post
We got our theatre seating with center storage from Shop4Seats in La Habre, CA. I would be extremely leary of going through all the trouble of changing the setup with anything low quality. Shop4Seats also has regular recliners that you can check out.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:28 PM   #36

Model: 2019 Vegas 24.1
THOR #17456
In my Vegas 24.1,I added two RecPro St. Charles cloth recliners with center section. They are very comfortable and it was a huge improvement.
They easily fit through the door. After removing the old sofa, I added 3 1/2" to the front of the slide using a 2x4 attached with steel mending plates. I removed all three sets of seat belts, carpeted the entire slide with black carpet, then re-installed the outer two sets of belts. I fastened the recliners to the slide using short lag screws.
All in all, it took just a few hours. I realize your model may be more involved, but the change is well worth the work.
Old 03-10-2020, 01:27 AM   #37

State: Ohio
THOR #17898
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
Since you are buying a Vegas make sure you pay close attention and have the Rep.fasten your waste hose to the connection and have him show you how it swivels down keep a bandaid in your pocket because he's going to cut the crap out of his hand with the screws they have sticking through the compartment but make sure he shows you how to swivel the waste hose connection in the DOWN POSITION. That way it will line up with factory hole in compartment.
Is that the same on a 2018 Vegas 24-1?
Old 03-25-2020, 06:42 PM   #38

THOR #18440
I am trying to get a copy of the coach battery wiring diagram for my 2017 Thor Gemini 23tr Ford Transit diesel 350HD? If anyone can find one please email it paul.silvia@gmail.com? Thanks in advance for your help! Paul
Old 03-25-2020, 06:47 PM   #39
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfd419 View Post
I am trying to get a copy of the coach battery wiring diagram for my 2017 Thor Gemini 23tr Ford Transit diesel 350HD? If anyone can find one please email it paul.silvia@gmail.com? Thanks in advance for your help! Paul
Have you checked the owners resources on the Thor website to see if one is available? You are asking someone to potentially violate copyright laws unless they can get Thor's permission to send you the diagram.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:00 PM   #40

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
That was going to be my suggestion - go to the Thor Owners Resource web site - https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/ You'll have to put in your VIN to register. I have a 2019 Compass 23TR and the schematics are available.