Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
to BelfastBoy

Hope i got the name right. I'm curious how your Thor Vegas is working out for you. Do you use it just for tailgating or serious travel. I'm looking for something that would be small enough to not need the toad and comfortable enough to stay in for the winter in the warm areas. Is this Thor just a big SUV or is it ok for extended travel? Appreciate the help

Old 09-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #22

THOR #1067
i am curious how you feel about your Axis these days. Thinking about getting one soon after the show in Denver in January. They will most likely be on display and possibly for sale.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:26 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Jersey
THOR #1085
I compared the thor vegas with thor siesta sprinter 24sr.

both at about the same price tag

In this corner: Vegas
25'-6" long
HUGE dash
HUGE windshield (which I liked dw not so much)
gasoline v10
Ford chassis
layout was comfortable
drop down overhead bunk nice feature
single slide

In the other corner SIESTA

The siesta
24'-10" long
Sprinter chassis
diesel v6 turbo
almost identical layout to the vegas
double slide
REAR slide adds approx 3 feet to length close to overall of 28'

Being both built by thor......thor build quality as expected.

The drive....

Axis
great visibility
Like the minimal doghouse
little noisy due to fords v10
Drove exaclty like all the other ford chassis.....

SIesta
Great visibility
NO doghouse
very very quite...
QUICK *thanks to a dual stage turbo

The winner:

SIESTA SPRINTER 24sr

This is what I purchased. hands down. You cannot beat the benz chassis
Unless you need to tow, I dont.

Before you buy, TEST DRIVE THE SPRINTER CHASSIS, you will have a grin on your face when you are done!
Old 09-16-2014, 01:34 PM   #24

THOR #1067
I'm getting ready to buy a new RV. Where is the best place to get pre qualified for an RV loan. Not the loan sharks, but the legit places. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:09 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
We went with Ally Bank. They had competitive rates when we bought ours - 3.7%.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #26

THOR #1067
thanks for the information. I called Ally, and the guy says they work only with dealers. So, tell me how you obtained your Ally financing? Did you tell the finance manager where you bought the unit that you wanted him to get an Ally rate quote and use that or what. In other words, how do you get an Ally quotation and get qualified? appreciate anymore help you would have time to offer. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

THOR #531
Yes, we went through the dealer. They checked with several banks and gave us a choice of different rates they were able to find. Ally ended up having a better interest rate than what I could find on my own.

Did not realize though that Ally only works through dealers.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #28

THOR #1122
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new Axis. Checked one out that did have some problems so looking at another place. We checked out the Siesta Sprinter but didn't like it as well even though did like the idea of the diesel. Initially we were looking at Class C's because of lower prices on them, not wanting to go over $80k max. Really like the Axis Class A design and the added useability of the cockpit area. We will be using it to tow a trailer and 2 Harleys on occasion. May add a toad later on as well. I liked some of the Thor ACE's too but the Axis seems like would be a better fit for us.
Also, the interest rates we've been finding are about 4.9%. Did see a couple lower rates on the internet but not at places I wanted to deal with.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:46 AM   #29

THOR #1067
Whatever you all buy, it's time to get it locked in because when the Federal Reserve stops the quantitative easing which caused these low rates the rates you will see in a year or so will be rude compared to today. Most of you are probably way to young to remember the 1980's when rates on RVs were probably 20% at least.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:07 AM   #30

THOR #1067
If someone on this forum buys a 25.1, i would be very interested in knowing the prices these dealers are actually getting for them. I don't how much the options add, but it's the discount from MSRP i would like to know. I'll be looking at them as soon as the dealers in Denver and Tucson start getting inventory. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #31

THOR #1067
if anyone on this Vegas/Axis forum actually buys one of these 25.1 coaches or a 24.1 for that matter, i would sure be interested in prices paid. thank you.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #32

Model: windsport 27k
State: Florida
THOR #1140
2015 thor Axis

Hi I am paying $ 67,147.00 For the 25.1. It should be in this week. Hope this helps.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

THOR #531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26 View Post
A Camping World salesman told me the only difference between the two is the paint color on the outside. They have two different names so that 2 dealers in the same city can sell one or the other and won't appear to be competing with the same product. You can't make this stuff up. He told me that.
Sounds right to me.

When we were touring the Thor Class C plant, they were building Four Winds, Chateau, and Freedom Elite chassis one right after the other, and the only differences appeared to be the decals they were applying.

The tour guy told me the same thing.

The only real difference I am aware of is for the Chateau larger models (31-somethings), you can get an upgrade kit (Corian countertops, etc).
Old 09-22-2014, 11:54 AM   #34

THOR #1067
Hey Bruce Bus, I appreciate the heads up. Can you tell me which options you selected as well? Is that with taxes and everything? What was the original MSRP if you can tell me also. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #35

State: Washington
THOR #1081
So far we love our 2015 Axis, It is a perfect fit for my wife and I. Bought it for the floor plan and as first timers wanted to stay as small as possible but wanted enough space so we can full time in it a few years down the road. We use the two front seats and table as our eating area. So we have separate eating, living room and bedroom. The shower is a bit tight for me at 6'1",220lbs but workable.
With the door to the bathroom able to close off the bedroom I can stay up later at nights and be separate from my wife who likes to hit the sack earlier.
We paid $73K with pretty much all the options for our 24.1 out of Washington state.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #36

THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by belfastboy View Post
So far we love our 2015 Axis, It is a perfect fit for my wife and I. Bought it for the floor plan and as first timers wanted to stay as small as possible but wanted enough space so we can full time in it a few years down the road. We use the two front seats and table as our eating area. So we have separate eating, living room and bedroom. The shower is a bit tight for me at 6'1",220lbs but workable.
With the door to the bathroom able to close off the bedroom I can stay up later at nights and be separate from my wife who likes to hit the sack earlier.
We paid $73K with pretty much all the options for our 24.1 out of Washington state.

I guess this is the way to reply to a specific message. Anyway, I appreciate the story about the 24.1 I'm looking to do quite a bit of extended travel and am looking at the 25.1 because i am single and like that layout. I would love to hear other thoughts about the unit from your perspective out there traveling in it. How comfortable you are finding it? How the milage is? Stuff like that. How good is the quality over time? Thanks.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #37

State: New Jersey
THOR #1085
I liked the Vegas, the dw didn't like the huge dash/window.
In jersey the where right around 80 at cw. Take my advise though...take a sprinter chassis out for a spin....you should compare the ford chassis and the sprinter chassis.....BIG diffrence in that price range
Old 09-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #38

THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHETT-T View Post
I liked the Vegas, the dw didn't like the huge dash/window.
In jersey the where right around 80 at cw. Take my advise though...take a sprinter chassis out for a spin....you should compare the ford chassis and the sprinter chassis.....BIG diffrence in that price range
Thanks the update. Hey, I'm sure the Sprinter is a good deal, but i am not a fan of diesel. Frankly, i wouldn't buy a diesel if it was half the price. Just don't want anything to do with it for various reasons. But i do appreciate the message anyway.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #39

State: Washington
THOR #1081
We have been getting a solid 10mpg on the first 2000 miles. Varied terrain, some flat, some pulling through mountains and some days fighting the wind. I tested the Sprinter chassis as well but ended up with the Axis as we both loved the big window rather than the cabover Class C. It opens it up so much more. We both love sitting having breakfast and looking out our "picture" window. I also thought the cabin noise was higher in the Sprinter, engine quieter but wind noise on the freeway brought it up higher than the Axis in my mind. We plan one more trip before winter hits, probably mid to late October then shelve it til spring.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #40

THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce bus View Post
Hi I am paying $ 67,147.00 For the 25.1. It should be in this week. Hope this helps.
That price is a heck of a deal. Can you give me the name of the dealer you bought from. I may need to give them a call. All the other quotes i've been able to see are in the low to mid 70's on the 24.1 and the 25.1 is a foot bigger. Would have thought it would be in the mid to high 70's frankly. Did you manage to get any of the options for that price or is that pretty much a bare bones deal? thanks.