Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2019, 07:22 PM   #41
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I didn't see the car in that picture...

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 02:53 AM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Nevada
THOR #11264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I didn't see the car in that picture...

There’s a car? Lol
Old 08-31-2019, 09:45 PM   #43

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
I have the Synergy and I like the flow of the top nose over the new Delano squared up nose. It looks like a Winnebago now.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:57 AM   #44

Model: Delano
State: Florida
THOR #17330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I notice many design details.

There are a lot of compromises associated with slides that rarely come up in discussions, and you mention but one.

Slide in Delano also causes dinette to be elevated off floor, and full wall slide roof support beam at top reduces headroom even more. So you end up with much less sitting headroom. In the video it appears four average adults can’t sit in dinette because the two closest to window wouldn’t fit under cabinets.
We just picked up our Delano today.. but now I have to go out and sit in the dinette to see about head room! I really don't think it is a problem... and hubby and I are both tall but I will let you know tomorrow!
Old 11-11-2019, 02:13 AM   #45

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Delano MSRP

As I recall, looking at a new 2016 Winnebago View, the MSRP was just over $130k. At least this new Thor Delano has full body paint.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:03 PM   #46

THOR #18031
We spent the day at 3 RV dealers and got a chance to spend time in just about every C or B+ that exists. I thought for sure we would eliminate Thor based on feedback and out of every single coach we visited, we liked the Delano the best.

Fit, Finish, Luxury and floor plan. Totally unexpected and enjoyed the heck out of it.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:08 AM   #47

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourVan View Post
We spent the day at 3 RV dealers and got a chance to spend time in just about every C or B+ that exists. I thought for sure we would eliminate Thor based on feedback and out of every single coach we visited, we liked the Delano the best.

Fit, Finish, Luxury and floor plan. Totally unexpected and enjoyed the heck out of it.

It IS fun isn’t it! Thor makes some good stuff. Might have to fix a few things at first but you’ll be fine. Don’t let anyone discourage you from what works for you! Looking forward to hearing more as your adventure unfolds.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:10 AM   #48

THOR #18031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
It IS fun isn’t it! Thor makes some good stuff. Might have to fix a few things at first but you’ll be fine. Don’t let anyone discourage you from what works for you! Looking forward to hearing more as your adventure unfolds.
Absolutely. We started with a 40 foot Diesel Pusher. Then shrunk all the way down to a Four Winds Sprinter.

That was a couple of years ago and now think we want something a little bigger.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:21 PM   #49

Model: Tiburon 24RW
State: Washington
THOR #16940
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourVan View Post
... I thought for sure we would eliminate Thor based on feedback and out of every single coach we visited, we liked the Delano the best.

That's good to hear! Our 8 month search/education on our first RV has taken us from Class A's to Class B's. Everytime we thought we we nailed down our choice, we found ourselves looking to the next thing. Just last month I figured we'd go 'close, but cheaper', and buy a 2020 version of the Compass or Gemini, only to discover that those models are using a 1/2 version of the newer Sprinter chassis. They don't have the new MBUX system, driving control sensors or seat adjustment memory. The "shell" looks like the new design, but the components are not included. That moved us back to the Delano/Tiburon.

Our timeline is late this year on a build sheet spec on the 24RW floorplan. We want to order levelers and a few other items.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:18 AM   #50

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveby_Tourists View Post
That's good to hear! Our 8 month search/education on our first RV has taken us from Class A's to Class B's. Everytime we thought we we nailed down our choice, we found ourselves looking to the next thing. Just last month I figured we'd go 'close, but cheaper', and buy a 2020 version of the Compass or Gemini, only to discover that those models are using a 1/2 version of the newer Sprinter chassis. They don't have the new MBUX system, driving control sensors or seat adjustment memory. The "shell" looks like the new design, but the components are not included. That moved us back to the Delano/Tiburon.

Our timeline is late this year on a build sheet spec on the 24RW floorplan. We want to order levelers and a few other items.

Welcome to the forum! Have you rented a Class A or a Class B? You might find that some things you thought were important aren't and that there are important factors you haven't yet considered!

When you add in the cost of levelers, you might want to rethink your choices some more. We had a 33' Class A and decided we could do with less. Decided that the Class B and B+ didn't offer enough room or storage for the way we travel. The Vegas turned out to be just right for us, with the addition of auto levelers.

The new Delano 24RW has a similar floor plan, but only 31 cu ft of exterior storage. Not a fit for us and the way we travel now.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:59 AM   #51

THOR #16940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post

Welcome to the forum! Have you rented a Class A or a Class B? You might find that some things you thought were important aren't and that there are important factors you haven't yet considered!

When you add in the cost of levelers, you might want to rethink your choices some more. We had a 33' Class A and decided we could do with less. Decided that the Class B and B+ didn't offer enough room or storage for the way we travel. The Vegas turned out to be just right for us, with the addition of auto levelers.

The new Delano 24RW has a similar floor plan, but only 31 cu ft of exterior storage. Not a fit for us and the way we travel now.
Thanks Mr. Sunshine!
We spent quite a bit of time in a Vegas 27.7 (same floorplan) as well as a Winnebago 27PE and Baystar Sport 2813 among others. We were definitely on the path to a Class A.

You're right about finding out what is right for us. This will be a "couples only" RV. No kids. No pets. No toad. While no toad may seem unworkable for many, we like the idea of large enough for two, but small enough to be nimble. Things like driving in towns & taking up only two (ok... four) parking spaces. We want to get up and go without hooking up. We want to be able to pull over and stop with relative ease.
At parks and in towns, we will use e-bikes, transit and drive services (cab, rideshare apps).
This will be a traveling vehicle opposed to being mostly stationary.

We hate the look of standard class C's with the monstrous sleep-over cabs. They scream 1970's and just look dated.
Will it work? Is this practical? It might be. Also, we may be in for a rude awakening and lessons learned.

A mid-spring rental of a Sprinter is in our current plans.
Thanks again!
Larry and Jean
Old 02-12-2020, 12:00 PM   #52

THOR #18031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveby_Tourists View Post
Thanks Mr. Sunshine!
We spent quite a bit of time in a Vegas 27.7 (same floorplan) as well as a Winnebago 27PE and Baystar Sport 2813 among others. We were definitely on the path to a Class A.

You're right about finding out what is right for us. This will be a "couples only" RV. No kids. No pets. No toad. While no toad may seem unworkable for many, we like the idea of large enough for two, but small enough to be nimble. Things like driving in towns & taking up only two (ok... four) parking spaces. We want to get up and go without hooking up. We want to be able to pull over and stop with relative ease.
At parks and in towns, we will use e-bikes, transit and drive services (cab, rideshare apps).
This will be a traveling vehicle opposed to being mostly stationary.

We hate the look of standard class C's with the monstrous sleep-over cabs. They scream 1970's and just look dated.
Will it work? Is this practical? It might be. Also, we may be in for a rude awakening and lessons learned.

A mid-spring rental of a Sprinter is in our current plans.
Thanks again!
Larry and Jean
FWIW, we had a Toad for years and with our next one wont be using one either. With UBER and other options being so easy when necessary, and us being constantly on the move it just makes more sense to us.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:49 AM   #53

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Driveby, you are smart to be doing your homework. Seems like some folks just walk into the most advertised RV dealer and buy whatever the sales sleaze talks them into.

The way we travel makes towing a car work best for us. We stay in many small town and rural areas where rideshare and ebikes aren't happening. It's so easy to unhook and hook up our car that we do so almost every evening. We take a lot of day trips and rarely spend entire days at a campground.

For us and the way we travel (now), the Vegas and our little tow car are the Goldilocks combination for both short trips and long trips. I've had a series of different RVs that were a fit until they weren't. Your results will vary...
Old 02-13-2020, 06:57 AM   #54

THOR #16940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Driveby, you are smart to be doing your homework. Seems like some folks just walk into the most advertised RV dealer and buy whatever the sales sleaze talks them into.

The way we travel makes towing a car work best for us. We stay in many small town and rural areas where rideshare and ebikes aren't happening. It's so easy to unhook and hook up our car that we do so almost every evening. We take a lot of day trips and rarely spend entire days at a campground.

For us and the way we travel (now), the Vegas and our little tow car are the Goldilocks combination for both short trips and long trips. I've had a series of different RVs that were a fit until they weren't. Your results will vary...
Thanks Sunshine. Next to these forums, the best thing we have done is to attend as many nearby RV shows as we can.
We have learned more by striking up a conversation with other couples, listening to what worked and didn't work for them. How they camp. How the get around and how they deal with the inevitable surprises.

Everyone seems so willing to share. These interactions have reaffirmed that we're going to be fine and if we ever need assistance or advise, there are plenty of folks willing to help and offer.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:15 PM   #55

THOR #18781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekate View Post
We just picked up our Delano today.. but now I have to go out and sit in the dinette to see about head room! I really don't think it is a problem... and hubby and I are both tall but I will let you know tomorrow!
Delano Question - seriously looking at this rig. Any pros or cons you would be willing to share? Thx
Old 05-10-2020, 07:31 PM   #56

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDB401 View Post
Delano Question - seriously looking at this rig. Any pros or cons you would be willing to share? Thx
My opinion???
Go with the Synergy & the ST floorplan
That way you don’t ever need to extend the slide to sleep

Delano does not have an ST floorplan
The Synergy has the Mercedes chassis if that’s your main desire, with similar accoutrements.

My pet peeve is all the RVs that require the slide in order to sleep.
It really limits opportunity to inconspicuously boon-dock in a Walmart or Cracker Barrel or rest stop.
That is...you stop, get level, and go to sleep.

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/specs-by-model-2020-thor-motor-coach-synergy

On Edit...
Here’s a new 2019 with Theatre Seats for $96k. Sweet!

https://www.mhsrv.com/2019-thor-moto...-c-tx-i2311637
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7386339B-9DA5-4142-933D-93B6B1BA42E0.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	23670  
Old 05-11-2020, 08:20 PM   #57

Model: Citation Sprinter 24sa
THOR #13813
Citation sprinter updated

This is an updated version of the citation sprinter. FYI mine has the hump. You can no longer get the rear corner bed. Which you ether love or hate. We happen to like it. There is a YouTube channel . Mattsrvreveiws. That dose a good in depth review of the Delano.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:52 PM   #58

THOR #16940
Here's the link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejohn2317 View Post
...There is a YouTube channel . Mattsrvreveiws. That dose a good in depth review of the Delano.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:18 AM   #59

Model: Delano
State: Idaho
THOR #18821
My wife and I are picking up our new Delano FB this Friday. If there is anything specific anyone wants to know happy to share what I have learned or show anything in photos or video. It's our first RV, but luckily my parents are seasoned experts so they're bringing their RV as well and we're all doing a shake down weekend to find what needs to be fixed right away, as there always is apparently something.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:13 AM   #60

State: Texas
THOR #21500
Thor Delano RW considerations

The Delano is definitely not Entry Level. We just downsized from a Palazzo Rear Engine Diesel.
The RW is the only floor plan that has a dinette (2 person) and theater seating to watch TV.
However, the rear slide-out bed is definitely Double or Full Size with no walk-around.
The technology at the Driver location is incredible. And all the functions in the Coach are controlled from a wall-mounted iPad or from your phone! Wow!