Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-19-2019, 08:02 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
No 2020 Model Year Ford E-Series

Donlen data shows F650/F750 and Econoline to start new production on 1/2/2020, and states:

“Ford Medium Trucks and E-Series will be skipping the 2020MY, transitioning directly from 2019MY to 2021MY with no gap in production.”

It appears that when the new E-Series reach motorhome manufacturing in early 2020, the chassis and house should both be 2021 Model Year. All E-Series motorhomes produced the remainder of this calendar year will be on 2019 MY chassis according to this production schedule.

As if we didn’t already have enough confusion with different chassis and motorhome Model Year designations.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:24 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Donlen data shows F650/F750 and Econoline to start new production on 1/2/2020, and states:

“Ford Medium Trucks and E-Series will be skipping the 2020MY, transitioning directly from 2019MY to 2021MY with no gap in production.”

It appears that when the new E-Series reach motorhome manufacturing in early 2020, the chassis and house should both be 2021 Model Year. All E-Series motorhomes produced the remainder of this calendar year will be on 2019 MY chassis according to this production schedule.

As if we didn’t already have enough confusion with different chassis and motorhome Model Year designations.
They usually do that when there is significant differences in the upcoming model year (think the '97 F-150 was one where they launched it early like that).

Perhaps they are doing something to the chassis to warrant the 2021 designation (like include the new modular hybrid powertrain from the Explorer/Navigator).

Bonus thing about that: Reports I've seen have said the new Navigator will be a plug-in hybrid and Explorer won't (just a hybrid) however today we passed a manufacturer plate Explorer that clearly had a plug on the driver's front fender. It looked to be very close to production intent (why go through the engineering to put that plug on the fender if you're not going to sell it?).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:54 PM   #3

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post

....cut.....

Perhaps they are doing something to the chassis to warrant the 2021 designation (like include the new modular hybrid powertrain from the Explorer/Navigator).

....cut....
Jamie, Ford has already announced major changes to the E-Series chassis, including the new 7.3L V8 and various upgrades to improve stability and steering. I have not seen any mention of hybrid designs for motorhome chassis.

I think the skip in 2020 MY is due to production schedule because the next E-Series will start in 2020 calendar year, which is when 2021 MY vehicles normally start.

The same applies to F-650 and F-750. All are scheduled to start on 1/2/20.

By the way, a new and clearer picture of the dash shows new engine with 5,300 RPM redline. That’s a little higher than V10, and not bad for a large truck V8. I hope it’s a sign the new V8 might be considerably smoother at higher RPMs than the V10.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	83252D09-28BC-4D95-85CD-05831C3B1C17.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	17508  
Old 05-19-2019, 09:07 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Ooh a screen in the middle, perhaps the stripped chassis will offer more than just simple trip meters! LOL
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:39 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
There's probably more than enough 2019's to go around...
So if the 2021 is a significant improvement: we should all be for that!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote