Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2017, 07:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Mirramar 34.2
State: Saskatchewan
THOR #6138
Outside kitchen

I have a 2015 Miramar and we are having a problem with water and road sand coming in. I removed the shims for it to close tighter but didn't seem to make a difference. The sand and dirt wouldn't be so bad but the water will ruin the outside of the cabinets. It is the rear kitchen with the big door. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Old 08-08-2017, 12:59 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Virginia
THOR #5560
I have a Miramar and have not seen this issue. I would check the seals and gaskets around the door and opening to make sure nothing is kinked or twisted. If the gasket is not securely on it could be getting under it.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:22 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: Alaska
THOR #4318
Outside kitchen

I have a 2016 Miramar with the same kitchen problem. I have been fighting it for 2 years now. Finally, I might have it solved. I first did the latch adjustment which did nothing. The dealer did same thing under warranty, not fixed. I had an upholstery person make a vinyl cover to close off the kitchen and I still had grit getting inside. Finally, I bought some rubber seal gasket from Goodyear Store and ran it along the bottom of the the frame where the door closes below the original seal. It appears to solve the problem, but I have to take another trip to be sure. I will attach some pictures later. It seems that the wind from the ground is getting past the stock gasket at the rear corner.

Rich Ansley
Anchorage AK