Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2016, 05:57 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #4427
Palazzo 33.2 Height Clearance

Have anyone had issues with the Palazzo being too low and scraping the bottom going over the street drainage or in and out of the Gas station?

bakjong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:46 PM   #2

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
never the 'bottom', if your'e referring to the actual metal CHASSIS, but you can certainly find areas where the front skirt might scrape, or your generator exhaust, or your tow hitch...
I usually try to turn my front wheels at a 45degree angle when entering or exiting areas where there is a large change in terrain, but sometimes it just can't be helped. I don't believe that any other diesel pusher on a freightliner chassis will be any different.

One thing about our Palazzo that initially drew me to it was it's low stance & overall height. It's a lower center of gravity for a smoother ride, and at 11'9", we can go under a lot of places that others on the higher freightliner chassis' might not since they might be a foot or more higher.
I also like the single exterior entry step, which many times is not even needed after I drop the air bags.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:38 AM   #3

THOR #4427
Thanks for your reply.

at end of this month, I will have an extra control that will max out the air into the airbags to raise it 4-6 inches temporary so I can back the coach up to my driveway. I will let you know how it turn out.

The shop have done a few of those types of modifications on Palazzos.

It sounds promising.
bakjong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:07 PM   #4

State: Ohio
THOR #4003
Any more information on the additional height to assist in scraping? That extra inflation and height would help me tremendously on my driveway
Old 10-26-2018, 10:26 PM   #5

State: Washington
THOR #13549
Manual over ride for palazzo

I have a '16 Palazzo 33.3 and need some help. Does anyone have any more info regarding temporarily raising the airbags for increased ride height at low speeds? Thanks in advance

Jeff
Old 10-26-2018, 11:18 PM   #6

THOR #4003
I added a pair of skid wheels to the ends of the hitch.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:49 AM   #7

THOR #13549
Ride height

Sorry I didn’t clarify in my post. I’m needing to lift the front as well. I’m sure I could put casters on all four corners but I’d like to explore the possibilities of doing it via the airbags.

Jeff
Old 10-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #8

THOR #4003
I have to back up my drive and to avoid front end scraping I go in at an angle over the curb
Old 10-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #9

THOR #12839
Please post the details on the lift mod. I have a 2018 Palazzo 33.2 with the same issue and am tired of scraping the chin etc. !
Old 10-27-2018, 04:37 PM   #10

THOR #13549
From what I’m hearing there may be a manual over ride valve and a secondary set of switches to max out the air bags for slow speed clearance issues. I’m having trouble locating something. Only problem may be the rear drive axle angle, so might limit the amount of lift there. Any help would be much appreciated!

Jeff
Old 11-04-2018, 02:13 AM   #11

THOR #13630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffpalazzo View Post
I have a '16 Palazzo 33.3 and need some help. Does anyone have any more info regarding temporarily raising the airbags for increased ride height at low speeds? Thanks in advance

Jeff
Hey Jeff - did you find a solution to your low clearance? I am having the same issue. Would love to get your input.

David
Old 11-04-2018, 03:57 AM   #12

THOR #13549
I have found a Williams panel that will do the job with a check valve to bypass The auto system and max out the airbags. Now the question will be how high I can get it and how much pressure It puts on the drive line. One of the techs at Freightliner thinks it should be fine at slow speeds and I’m being told I could expect 2-4” of height. The expected cost will be 1200-1500. I don’t expect this job to be done for a month or so but I will update with part numbers as they become available.

Jeff
Old 11-04-2018, 04:16 AM   #13

THOR #13630
Thanks - let me know where you end up going. I live in Everett and will want to do the same thing as you since the clearance thing is a problem for me. I have a 33.3