Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2016, 06:10 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #3864
Palazzo Owners

We are thinking about purchasing a new leftover 2015 Palazzo. We are asking any forum users to provide any advice they have for new RVers or advice for new Palazzo owners.

We are thinking about purchasing the Palazzo from Camping World. If you have any advice to offer regarding Camping World Sales and Service, we would appreciate from hearing from you.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:25 PM   #2

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: British Columbia
THOR #1350
Take a very close look for any repairs and have them fixed before you take delivery.
I bought a 36.1 in 2015 and have had a lot of repairs.
All slides failed and had to be totally replaced.
My lower compartment has seperated from the side wall and now has to go to the factory for replacement.
Leaking fuel rail on engine and was running on 5 cylinders.
Front shade quit, needed new motor.
Rear shower was leaking and had to be rebuilt.
I dont want to scare you but take a very close look.

Cheers and good luck.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:33 PM   #3

Model: Palazzo
State: Texas
THOR #2072
I shopped the Camping World main website and found the one I wanted in Atlanta Ga.

Camping World in Anthony Tx paid to have the unit shipped out to them as part of the deal. They fixed all the issues I had with the coach in a timely manner.

Hope this helps!
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:47 AM   #4

Model: Palazzo
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4538
I'm new & I know this is an older post, but we bought our Palazzo from CW & they might not be the best. Our rig is really not the type they typically sell & they don't always seem to know how to repair them-they always call Thor... Let me know what you decided...
Old 12-27-2016, 03:09 AM   #5

Model: PALAZZO 33.3
State: Illinois
THOR #5696
I bought one

I bought a Palazzo 2016 from CW Northern Illinois They matched the price I found on the internet for $115,000 BRAND NEW DO YOUR HOMEWORK Sticker was 157,000 I have a lot of little things wrong that I fixed myself Not going to wait 2 months to repair little stuff that I can fix Yes quality control sucks But very happy with the layout and most of the Coach
Retired Firefighter/Paramedic, Truck Driver
C WITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:06 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #3521
I'm looking at buying a used Palazzo 36.1 2015 model. You guys really have me scared a bit about buying this!
Old 01-25-2017, 01:23 AM   #7

Model: PALAZZO 33.3
State: Illinois
THOR #5696
Buying a used one probably has all the bugs out I don't know if I would ever buy new again...I love the coach just has a lot of little things you wouldn't expect to fix when you pay over $120,000
Retired Firefighter/Paramedic, Truck Driver
C WITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:08 AM   #8
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosman View Post
I'm looking at buying a used Palazzo 36.1 2015 model. You guys really have me scared a bit about buying this!
Rule #1 - RV industry quality control is bad... It doesn't matter the brand, model, price point - there are issues with many new units that will make your head spin.
I've bought two used units so far - and little in the way of major problems (knocking wood). Maybe the previous owner worked out the kinks for me.

Rule #2 - inspection, inspection, inspection... when buying - BEFORE signing/paying - go over EVERYTHING to be sure it is working properly. A dealer SHOULD be able to demonstrate anything and explain - when they can't - well - lots of people here to help.

Rule #3 - the dealer will make/break your RV experience - a good dealer can go a long way in helping address any issues you run into - especially under warranty
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:59 AM   #9

THOR #8617
Did you get your shower leak repaired? I've got a 2017 36.1 with a shower leak. Water runs down the door then out to floor. I've tried to tell the dealer that the channel at the bottom is installed incorrectly or that it's a very bad design if it is installed properly.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:31 PM   #10

Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
I had a Palazzo before and my current Four Winds has the same shower. I read either here or over at IRV2, that some people have had the bottom track installed backwards. The tall part of the rail should be on the outside, at least that is the way it is on my FW and the shower does not leak. It makes sense that the tall part should be on the outside to allow water to run down the shower doors into the track and then back into the shower. If the tall part of the track was on the inside then the water would run into the track, under the doors and then out to the floor.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:50 PM   #11

THOR #8617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrr View Post
I had a Palazzo before and my current Four Winds has the same shower. I read either here or over at IRV2, that some people have had the bottom track installed backwards. The tall part of the rail should be on the outside, at least that is the way it is on my FW and the shower does not leak. It makes sense that the tall part should be on the outside to allow water to run down the shower doors into the track and then back into the shower. If the tall part of the track was on the inside then the water would run into the track, under the doors and then out to the floor.
Everyone I've talked to said theirs' is installed that way. 2 units on dealers lot installed that way. I've told dealer that it's backwards but they said it couldn't be. I think if the whole door assembly was rotated 180°, it would work. Of course the door would open towards the front and not the back.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #12

State: New Mexico
THOR #9943
We are happy with our 2015 Palazzo 35.1 now but there were lot's of annoying little things that needed to be fixed. There was no refrigerator lock and the frig would open mid trip. The drawers were not staying closed while driving, the large slide would stick when trying to put out.
We purchased from Camping World in Anthony, Tx and discovered this store is totally worthless, left coach to get things fixed and the said all fixed but the fixed nothing. Do not recomment this Camping World but thank goodness there are better Camping Worlds around the country. We ended up fixing all our small problems ourselves with help from the people on this forum with good suggestions and answers as to where we could get parts etc.

Tags
camping world, palazzo