Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2017, 04:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Possible window leaking on 2016 VEGAS

I had read where 48in366 had severe internal damage from leaking windows, so went to inspect our coach (after the 8 inches of rain last week)

Found "bubbling" and "wrinkling" of the wall cover under two windows...

I am posting a couple of pictures. If all of you more experienced RVers out there could take a peak and see if it looks like water "damage" I would appreciate it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VEGAS_IMG_20170509_081111.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	4861   Click image for larger version

Name:	VEGAS_IMG_20170509_081142.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	4862  

Old 05-09-2017, 04:57 PM   #2

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
I had read where 48in366 had severe internal damage from leaking windows, so went to inspect our coach (after the 8 inches of rain last week)

Found "bubbling" and "wrinkling" of the wall cover under two windows...

I am posting a couple of pictures. If all of you more experienced RVers out there could take a peak and see if it looks like water "damage" I would appreciate it!
I could be wrong but the nature and angle of the ripples appear to be the result of expansion and contraction. Heat? Water? Not sure.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Easiest thing is to simply remove a bunch of those screws from around the window frame. You only have to remove a few on the bottom to get it to pull away from the wall enough to take a peek inside. If its wet back there you have a problem.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:10 AM   #4

Model: Axis
State: California
THOR #7294
Hi Mo
Did you determine if you had leaks? We just purchased our 2015 Axis and we have those winkles in areas around the interior. I thought it was just bad job on installing the wall paper.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:20 AM   #5

Model: Axis 25.2
THOR #5936
I have those same wrinkles around by windows and door on by 2016 Axis 25.2. I don't believe its leaking water just because I haven't found anything wet near any of the windows or door. I just think it's sloppy wall papering. The wall paper was never allowed to dry completely before that slap in the windows and doors. I do how ever always check the windows especially after many days of rains or just a very hard rain.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #6

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
THOR #4443
I too have those wrinkles on my 2016 Axis 25.2 but no evidence of water. Plain and simple just lousy material. If you look around your coach I bet you will see other areas with the same wrinkling. Have you ever looked at the front side window frames. They look like they were straight pieces of aluminum and bent to form the window frames.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #7

Model: 28z
State: North Carolina
THOR #7401
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
I too have those wrinkles on my 2016 Axis 25.2 but no evidence of water. Plain and simple just lousy material. If you look around your coach I bet you will see other areas with the same wrinkling. Have you ever looked at the front side window frames. They look like they were straight pieces of aluminum and bent to form the window frames.
I too have the wrinkles in a couple places and the wallpaper looks identical to the picture. I have a Class C so its not just on the A's
Old 05-18-2017, 07:04 PM   #8

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Making Journeys View Post
Hi Mo
Did you determine if you had leaks? We just purchased our 2015 Axis and we have those winkles in areas around the interior. I thought it was just bad job on installing the wall paper.
We are actually taking it back to the dealer in two weeks to fix a crack in the end cap. So going to have them check it. Bad thing is the wrinkles weren't there.before, that's why we got worried.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:10 AM   #9

Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #1592
2015 axis had heavy rains and I noticed the wall on the passenger side had water intrusion and started to expand.After looking at where water could possibly enter I noticed that there is no rubber seal around the passenger side window like there is on the drivers side.I hadn't noticed this before because it was always kept under cover.I was preparing for a trip and it rained about 2 inches.The Axis is a little over 2 yrs old so my factory warranty is out.I have an extended warranty from my dealer,but after reading it,rubber window seals are not covered!I called Thor to ask about repair as I would consider this a manufacturer defect.Got an answering machine! Anyone out there with this problem?
Old 05-27-2017, 02:35 AM   #10
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
If this is your passenger side front window: Yes.

A couple of relevant threads:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...aybe-7049.html
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...ence-6233.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:02 PM   #11

THOR #1592
Yes Jamie it is the passenger side.I left a message on Thors answering machine but have not heard back yet.I will keep calling until I get to speak with a human! Thank you for your quick reply,your posts on this forum have been extremely helpful!
Old 05-30-2017, 03:57 PM   #12

THOR #1592
update, spoke to Thor today and they said they will cover it.Have to take it to dealer for pictures and they have to contact Thor and see how to proceed from there.My dealer is very reputable and will do the entire repair which includes the walls etc. after getting approval from Thor. I had no problem with Thor customer service,didn't even have to raise my voice!I question why if they know about this problem that they don't send a letter to Axis owners to have it checked before more coaches become damaged.It seems to me to be in their best interest to do that,and cheaper in the long run for them.Will let you know how I make out.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #13

THOR #1592
ok newest update on leaking window.Thor has now told my dealer they won't cover it because my warranty is expired!It is now in the hands of a manager at Thor for reconsideration after my dealer again explained to them that it is a defect due to Thor not installing the rubber seal around the window when it was made. Waiting to hear back in a few days.Not a happy camper at this moment!
Old 07-13-2017, 04:11 PM   #14

THOR #1592
latest update. Thor called me directly and refuses to cover it.How do you spell lawsuit?
Old 07-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #15

THOR #1592
pS they hung up on me too! Nice customer service!
Old 07-13-2017, 04:56 PM   #16

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
THOR #6280
Thor Motor Coach???

Never ever ever ever buy another one of their products. In fact flood the internet with the truth about their quality or actually the lack of it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Synergy.png
Views:	105
Size:	485.5 KB
ID:	5804  
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #17

THOR #1592
I am currently researching info on lawsuits,personal or class action.It seems as though there are hundreds of people with the same problems that do not know where to turn to for a satisfactory resolution to their problem.When Thor called me they just kept telling me that I was out of warranty.I tried to explain that I am a reasonable person and that the rubber moulding was never installedon my Axis from the factory and that it should be considered a manufacturers defect.I probably would have even accepted an offer of the moulding and did the repair work myself,but I was not able to get a word in because the extremely rude manager with an attitude was only interested in telling me my warranty was up,too bad,I should have found out about it while it was still under warranty! She then politely HUNG UP ON ME!!! I will continue researching the law end of this problem and will post my findings on this forum with my contact info.so others can also join.Its about time something is done with this nonsense!
Old 07-13-2017, 06:19 PM   #18

Model: Windsport 31S
THOR #4443
I'm not a lawyer but I would guess they have an army of them. I hope you get the resolve your looking for but your probably better off, as one poster suggested, flooding the internet with your situation. The best way to hurt a company is to hit them in their pocket book. My guess is they will hold this up in court until you either run out of money ( lawyers and court fees) or you just chalk it up to a bad experience. We have all been in these situations, not to say its right, but just kiss your wife and kids and thank the good lord for what you have. Then go out and buy another RV and enjoy.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #19

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfred View Post
I am currently researching info on lawsuits,personal or class action.It seems as though there are hundreds of people with the same problems that do not know where to turn to for a satisfactory resolution to their problem.When Thor called me they just kept telling me that I was out of warranty.I tried to explain that I am a reasonable person and that the rubber moulding was never installedon my Axis from the factory and that it should be considered a manufacturers defect.I probably would have even accepted an offer of the moulding and did the repair work myself,but I was not able to get a word in because the extremely rude manager with an attitude was only interested in telling me my warranty was up,too bad,I should have found out about it while it was still under warranty! She then politely HUNG UP ON ME!!! I will continue researching the law end of this problem and will post my findings on this forum with my contact info.so others can also join.Its about time something is done with this nonsense!
Unless you are absolutely ready to go the legal route (tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars), don't bring it up with Thor, since like most companies, that will likely immediately end any chance of support. If you haven't tried it already, if you write a detailed letter and have it fedexed or even better, hand delivered by a courier service to the office of the CEO, COO or other high level person, then sometimes that can make a difference -- if it's a reasonable request and you detail out all your reasonable attempts to address a clear manufacturing error that unfortunately wasn't caught within the warranty period.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #20
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Could the improper installation of a cockpit window be considered a safety defect that the NHTSA might be concerned with?