Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Wisconsin
THOR #10804
I'm so jealous. Everyone seems to have had a free grill thrown in when they bought a RV from CW but me. We still feel we got a great deal but still......... I guess it's all in the negotiations!

Old 03-01-2018, 04:51 PM   #22

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurelDolan View Post
I'm so jealous. Everyone seems to have had a free grill thrown in when they bought a RV from CW but me. We still feel we got a great deal but still......... I guess it's all in the negotiations!
A free grill comes from Thor with certain models/floor plans. Our ACE 30.3 came with a portable grill. The salesman didn't even know it was there until I asked about it because I had watched a video from Thor on our particular model. He went outside, opened the storage bay door, and there it was. He said, "I didn't know that." I wonder how many of them come with the grill in the basement and it is removed by someone at the dealership before it is purchased?
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:18 PM   #23

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
I had a propane connector installed on the curb side, accessible in the storage compartment behind the entry door. That was one of the many adds that was part of the purchase deal. I have to confess, so far I have not used it, but its there.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:51 PM   #24

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by werbrichfamily View Post
Since the 2018s Thor RVs don't come with the propane outdoor grill, there is still port for the propane. When we picked the RV up from CW in Harrisburg, they had no clue what connection would work if I wanted to hook my Coleman grill up to the propane port on the RV. Does anyone know what I need or is it just best to use a portable bottle of propane for the grill?
Its a low pressure quick release - you need to get a low pressure BBQ and hose connection.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #25

Model: Windsport 34J
State: Minnesota
THOR #9155
Hi pressure vs low pressure.

The following pictures are from a Weber Q1000 grill.
The smaller flame the grill was connected to the low pressure port using a hose from camping world which connected to the grills regulator.
The larger flame was using a high pressure green cylinder connected to the regulator.
So for me I need to put a quick connect outlet between my propane tank and regulator to get the larger flame.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180209_175030.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	9226

Name:	20180209_175302.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	9227
Old 03-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #26
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnbl View Post
The smaller flame the grill was connected to the low pressure port using a hose from camping world which connected to the grills regulator.
The larger flame was using a high pressure green cylinder connected to the regulator.
So for me I need to put a quick connect outlet between my propane tank and regulator to get the larger flame.

Attachment 9226

Attachment 9227
Or remove the grill's regulator since you already have low pressure.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-57274-C...l+needle+valve
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:59 PM   #27
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurelDolan View Post
It’s really no big deal I saw the exact same grill I got at Lowe’s, just a different name for 90.00.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:04 PM   #28

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
Or remove the grill's regulator since you already have low pressure.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-57274-C...l+needle+valve
As you can see by the pict. that my flame control is built into the regulator. Its a Char-Broil grill. I wonder what that set screw on the regulator does? I wonder if there is a way to disable the pressure control on the regulator.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	regulator IMG_2548.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	9241  
Old 03-04-2018, 01:34 AM   #29
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777 View Post
As you can see by the pict. that my flame control is built into the regulator. Its a Char-Broil grill. I wonder what that set screw on the regulator does? I wonder if there is a way to disable the pressure control on the regulator.
I think you would either be replacing that assembly with the Camco unit Tfryman posted (that has the flame control and no regulator) - or add an 'extend-a-stay' type high pressure tap between RV tank and regulator.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:06 AM   #30

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Idaho
THOR #11186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnbl View Post

Attachment 9226

Attachment 9227
So what exactly did you end up connecting to RV and Grill? I’m trying to figure this out right now. I have a Weber Q2000, and the RV has a quick connect from factory. I bought a 12’ quick connect hose assembly #F271117 from CW it says “low pressure system” on the back of box. I had a propane shop make me a line that attaches to the hose and the bbq, with bbq regulator removed, can’t even get grill to light with this set up. I reinstalled regulator, attached purchased hose and only get a small flame with this set up. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:33 PM   #31

Model: Windsport 34J
State: Minnesota
THOR #9155
Have been on the road so I am just using the throw away green propane bottles which are hi-pressure.

Will eventually mount a tee type adapter between the tank and the rv regulator so I can tap the hi-pressure side of the tank. Will probably need a new hose to the grill as well.

Personally I want to keep the grills regulator so I can adjust the heat level.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:22 PM   #32

State: Arizona
THOR #6671
I had a quick release with separate shutoff installed on the main RV tank. The quick release was matched to a 20-foot hose that allows us to move the grill away from the rig to avoid grease and smoke. I took our Nexgrill into our local Ace Hardware store, which has a good array of gas fittings. They configured a quick release to mount to the grill, with matching receiver on the hose end. The grill has its own flame size control, and the RV's tank has a regulator as well. We get an excellent range of flame. I since have purchased a 19-inch LP fire ring for evening campfires, and had the same quick release installed on the ring. So, I use the same 20-foot hose for both grill and ring. Perfect setup. By the way, I retained the hose and regulator that came with the fire ring and had it fitted with a quick release, so I can use the fire ring with a conventional LP tank as well.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:54 PM   #33

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
I'm in the same boat. Have to add a tee and I'm not a fan of working on gas lines. I'm hoping I can find a termination point on the line to put a quick conect and a quick connect ball valve on the end. Should be good to go after I get this done.