Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-26-2019, 07:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: Florida
THOR #5046
Radio Fuse

ACE 2017 Axxera AV615BHM in dash radio doesn’t power up. We think we have blown a fuse. Troubleshooting guide says the unit uses (1) 15 amp ATM mini style fuse located inside the in-line filter box.
Anyone know where the inline filter box is?

Old 05-27-2019, 10:51 AM   #2

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
On my outlaw, it’s a inline fuse wired off the use/store relay, battery terminal
Old 05-28-2019, 12:37 AM   #3

Model: ACE 30.4
State: West Virginia
THOR #8716
We also have a 17 ACE. Ours is a 30.4 and there are of couple of fuse boxes under the dash and just above the parking brake. The lower fuse box can be seen without much difficulty but you have to look a little higher and harder to see the second fuse box. I had searched everywhere for the fuse for the front turn signal and found the blown fuse in that higher panel. May want to check for your radio fuse in that one. Good luck!
Old 05-28-2019, 02:50 AM   #4

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Utah
THOR #12415
My 2018 Vegas has a fuse box in the engine compartment on the driver's side and it's fuse number 71.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:26 PM   #5

Model: 34J
State: Massachusetts
THOR #15500
Radio power fuse

In my Hurricane 34J the fuse was in an inline fuse holder wired to the battery isolation solenoid in the coach battery compartment.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:49 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
State: Florida
THOR #14543
Before you go through all that, have you tried the tiny reset button, just above the auxiliary input in the lower left corner of the radio ? Axxeras have a bad habit of crapping out and needing resetting.
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:09 AM   #7

State: Maryland
THOR #15367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfla View Post
Before you go through all that, have you tried the tiny reset button, just above the auxiliary input in the lower left corner of the radio ? Axxeras have a bad habit of crapping out and needing resetting.
yup, had to reset ours today. No reason for it to not work. checked the "store / use" switch. I was hoping it wasn't a fuse. Found a paperclip, hit the reset button, waited a few seconds and it turned on. Phew
Old 06-30-2019, 03:39 PM   #8

Model: ACE 27.2
State: New Jersey
THOR #3828
2016 ACE 27.2 radio fuse

I took in or service at camping world and after picking up I found the radio stopped working. I looked everywhere for the fuse and called Thor and they said it could be here or there. I called camping world and emailed but no response. I have not pulled the radio out due to not having the tools. Does anyone know where the radio fuse is located. The cigarette lighter has power.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:08 PM   #9

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Same year same plant but... My dash radio, Axxera gets power for the radio's memory from the chassis battery through the Ford fuse box in the engine compartment. The actual radio power comes fro the rear fuse panel under the bed. This can be proved by turning-off the use/store switch with no generator or shore power. Mine uses the same fuse at the rear radio (15 amp). Some have found another inline fuse being the radio but my coach does not have one.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote