Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-17-2017, 02:16 AM   #1
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
Posts: 94
THOR #5494
Rear rock guard

Hello everyone, I have a 2016 Thor Vegas 25.2 and I am thinking about adding a rock guard. I want to tow my toad and I want to protect it from rocks and road stuff. Has anyone added one to theirs. Did it help and was it tough to add.
__________________

__________________
Chucke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:38 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
Posts: 212
THOR #5112
i towed my 2016 Jeep all last season with my 25-2 with no rock guard, including 6 miles down rock road with no chips or other damage. large factory mud flaps work good.
__________________

__________________
tigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:43 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
Posts: 208
THOR #6446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucke View Post
Hello everyone, I have a 2016 Thor Vegas 25.2 and I am thinking about adding a rock guard. I want to tow my toad and I want to protect it from rocks and road stuff. Has anyone added one to theirs. Did it help and was it tough to add.
I added one of these....
Splash Stop Protective Brush - 22 Inches x (2) 4 foot sections https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009MPC7IC..._RnbDa4BrAhPaO. Drilled a few holes in bottom of bumper and trimmed at bottom. It helped keep the toad a little cleaner and I had no dings (which is more than I can say for my rv windshield)
__________________
2016 Vegas 25.2 Toad 2014 Hyundai​ Elantra
Blue Ox Avanta Tow Bar Blue Ox Patriot
Chassis Battery Maintainer/ Battery fill System
Safe_t_Plus, Spare mount underneath
Dynamat Extreme / Hoodliner Doghouse Treatment
2016vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:33 PM   #4
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
Posts: 94
THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
i towed my 2016 Jeep all last season with my 25-2 with no rock guard, including 6 miles down rock road with no chips or other damage. large factory mud flaps work good.
Thank you tigwelder!
__________________
Chucke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:38 PM   #5
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
Posts: 94
THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016vegas View Post
I added one of these....
Splash Stop Protective Brush - 22 Inches x (2) 4 foot sections https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009MPC7IC..._RnbDa4BrAhPaO. Drilled a few holes in bottom of bumper and trimmed at bottom. It helped keep the toad a little cleaner and I had no dings (which is more than I can say for my rv windshield)
Thank you 2016Vegas, I did not have a guard on my 2011 Coachmen and my Jeep felt the pain. I have not towed with this motorhome but I hate to skin up this Toad (2016 Ford Focus Titanium). It sits lower to the ground and has a way bigger windshield!
__________________
Chucke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Mr Sunshine's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Vegas 25.2
State: Florida
Posts: 1,679
THOR #1589
We have used a Protect-A-Tow skirt for the about 10 years. It goes between the motor home and our towed car. I have heard (and believe) that those grass hula skirt types actually kick up small rocks. I have seen those and the solid ones sail high on coaches on the road. The Protect-A-Tow keeps the rocks under the car.

Here's the link: Protect-a-Tow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Protect a tow.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	4954  
__________________
Lessons are repeated until learned. Fast learners get extra rewards!
Mr Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:48 AM   #7
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
Posts: 94
THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
We have used a Protect-A-Tow skirt for the about 10 years. It goes between the motor home and our towed car. I have heard (and believe) that those grass hula skirt types actually kick up small rocks. I have seen those and the solid ones sail high on coaches on the road. The Protect-A-Tow keeps the rocks under the car.

Here's the link: Protect-a-Tow
Thank you Mr. Sunshine, I will check them out!
__________________

__________________
Chucke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2