Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #9683
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
We agree with Axis Earl ... you should be able to find the 24.1 somewhere closer to your home...just for convenience sake going forward.
Thanks
That what I think I will do. Haven’t been able to find any at a reasonable price locally. I’ll just need to wait until something turns up.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:56 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
I Purchased online from RVOne

No problems with purchase. Actually, warranty service worked in our favor--because dealers did not want to service what they did not sell, Thor approved warranty service from a local, top notch service only outfit. No sitting for weeks in the lot waiting for parts, etc and dealing with partial and/or crappy repairs and workmanship. In and out and then back when parts arrived. Since the "local' dealers are all at least an hour drive away, this was great.
Price was best, financing was at the lowest rate available. I worked with Jessica out of Albany (where internet sales are based) and would recommend highly. Will use them again.
PM me if you want some internet purchase pointers.
Good luck.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:02 AM   #23

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #6934
Not sure if you are in southern or Northern California, but if north Consider Beaver Coach sales in Bend Or. They usually have a couple 24.1s
their service dept is really good, they used to build the Beaver Coach.
Ask them about warranty issues
Old 11-03-2017, 02:12 AM   #24

THOR #9683
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrV View Post
No problems with purchase. Actually, warranty service worked in our favor--because dealers did not want to service what they did not sell, Thor approved warranty service from a local, top notch service only outfit. No sitting for weeks in the lot waiting for parts, etc and dealing with partial and/or crappy repairs and workmanship. In and out and then back when parts arrived. Since the "local' dealers are all at least an hour drive away, this was great.
Price was best, financing was at the lowest rate available. I worked with Jessica out of Albany (where internet sales are based) and would recommend highly. Will use them again.
PM me if you want some internet purchase pointers.
Good luck.
Thanks for the information.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:10 AM   #25

THOR #9683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirnot View Post
Not sure if you are in southern or Northern California, but if north Consider Beaver Coach sales in Bend Or. They usually have a couple 24.1s
their service dept is really good, they used to build the Beaver Coach.
Ask them about warranty issues
We are in southern ca.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:42 PM   #26

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: New York
THOR #5840
RV One National Sales

We bought our Hurricane from RV One in Albany. We also purchased the additional warrantee service that covers both the MH and Vehicle portion. It was a little pricey but it allows you to have your unit repaired at a local facility if you are more than 100 miles from the dealer where you purchased your MH. I have used the service once for the dash AC. I paid a $50 deductible on the entire repair of over $380 at my local repair shop a few miles from home. I have also had a good experience with service at my dealer's shop which is 135 miles away.

Vince
Old 11-06-2017, 11:01 PM   #27
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
Pitguy,
Has anything popped up on your radar yet?
Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:05 AM   #28

THOR #9683
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJRocky View Post
We bought our Hurricane from RV One in Albany. We also purchased the additional warrantee service that covers both the MH and Vehicle portion. It was a little pricey but it allows you to have your unit repaired at a local facility if you are more than 100 miles from the dealer where you purchased your MH. I have used the service once for the dash AC. I paid a $50 deductible on the entire repair of over $380 at my local repair shop a few miles from home. I have also had a good experience with service at my dealer's shop which is 135 miles away.

Vince
Hi Vince
Thanks for the information. We found one much closer to home at a good price. So we have made a deal on that one. Should pick it up in about a week.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:31 AM   #29

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Gotta say - after buying closer to home for repair convenience, I'd never make the same decision again. Knowing what we know now, we'd buy from the most reputable dealer possible for the best price. Working with Thor Warranty CSRs, most times they can point you at a dealer that can service your coach. We've driven across the USA twice and all over the Eastern USA to the tune of about 35K+ miles in our Challenger. Always felt confident that I could find a place to repair our coach. The advise offered buy us is to be your own best service tech. Understand what needs to be repaired, understand how it will be repaired and then track all the parts/repairs all the way to install.

Not all selling dealers are created equal. The nonsense of not fixing a punch list or holding up a title fall into the class of not reputable dealers.

I believe solid advise has been given by many other members here but the person(s) that must be comfortable with the decision - are the individuals writing the check.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:33 AM   #30

Model: Axis RUV 24.1
THOR #9288
PitGuy,
The warranty service is what it is but we took the extended warranty Service option and after seeing the coverage we would get for 5 years we decided t seemed fair so we purchased it. We also were informed by my brother LEO Rocky that with the warranty service company that if we need a repair and if we purchased over 100 miles away we would be able to get it fixed at a local place a few miles away from our home. That repair shop has been in operation with the same owner and repair folks for many years . Saying all pos that we are please to find out that bit about the Warranty Service provider.
So before I close I am happy that you found the Axis 24.1 closer to your home. It was nice to drive ours home from Albany , NY. We went down 2 Interstate highways the NY State Thruway and Rt 84. It was windy so you could feel the wind as you drove but it sure was a sweet ride and to my surprise the bride loved it. We will hit the road again on another short 200 mile shakedown and put it away for a bit unless the snow decides to stay over in Canada...ha! Enjoy your ride and when you are riding travel safe and enjoy your adventure! K9Piper.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #31

Model: Hurricane 34E
THOR #5840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitguy View Post
Hi Vince

Thanks for the information. We found one much closer to home at a good price. So we have made a deal on that one. Should pick it up in about a week.

That's great. Good luck with your purchase and happy travels