Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2017, 02:45 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #9683
RV One National Sales

Hello I have been looking for an Axis 24.1. I found one at RV One internet sales. Has anyone had any experience with this company?

Old 11-02-2017, 02:57 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitguy View Post
Hello I have been looking for an Axis 24.1. I found one at RV One internet sales. Has anyone had any experience with this company?
Hi Pit,
Answering your question directly, the answer is no. I just took a look at the web site and it shows two 24.1 models at their Orlando facility. Just something to consider is that it was driven from Indiana to Florida and then, if you buy it, you will have to drive it to California. I am betting that once you get by the issue of the salesman that didn't know his product regarding the opening of the bathroom doors, etc., you can find a deal you can live with here in California. Guaranteed, you will have warranty issues the first year and you don't want any hiccups buying one out of state and far from your home. I would keep looking at dealers close to home. Just my opinion. Also remember that if you like that 24.1 floor plan, you can look for a Vegas at a different dealership.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:17 AM   #3

THOR #9683
Hello,Axis
The one I’m looking at is in Des Moines’s Iowa. Still a long ways. I’m very leary of of and internet deal. Just thought I would see if anyone has had experience with them.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:32 AM   #4

Model: Citation 24SR
State: Kansas
THOR #9869
We purchased our MH from Des Moines RV One and didn’t have a good experience. Took 16 weeks to get the Title and trying to get them to fix problems at the walk around was like pulling teeth. We also purchased 5yr Extended Warranty thank goodness! But even that was difficult to get the dealer to get the paperwork filed!

If I were you I would try to find this MH from somewhere closer to your location!
Old 11-02-2017, 05:24 AM   #5

THOR #8920
have you tried looking at La Mesa? they have the axis 24.1 from what i see on their website. might be easier to deal with locally in Cali.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:40 AM   #6

THOR #9683
Thanks I’ll check it out
Old 11-02-2017, 05:43 AM   #7

THOR #9683
Thanks that’s what I’m think just wondering if anyone had used them.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:38 AM   #8

Model: Axis RUV 24.1
State: New York
THOR #9288
RVOne Axis 24.1 Albany NY

PitGuy,
I just sent you a PM on RVOne in Albany NY ( the Right Coast).Fantastic experience with them with a 2018 Axis 24.1 purchase yesterday had to standby a few days for arrival, 12 days from factory.
K9piper
Old 11-02-2017, 08:28 AM   #9

THOR #9683
K9piper
Thanks for the reply. Have fun with your new 24.1. My main worry is getting warranty service after returning to the left coast. From what I have seen it petty much a given that there will be problems with a new coach.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:24 AM   #10

Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
THOR #8249
Pit,
Don't know if anyone else had this issue, but after I bought mine, I was told by at least one place that supported Thor products that they would only work on it after the first year. If I needed warranty work, it needed to be done at the dealer I bought it from.
Details:
Purchased from Mike's RV Superstore, Santa Fe Springs/Colton
Discussed work with Pacific RV, Lompoc, CA

Again, not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I did.
I wasn't very happy with this, but didn't need to press the issue at the time. Now coach is over 1 year, and Thor warranty is NG anyway. Just the 3 year extended is in effect on the coach and Ford's warranty on the chassis.
That's ok, I do better work than Thor or the shop for my little items anyway.
Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:53 AM   #11

THOR #9683
Wrpt58
Thanks. I thank I will keep looking locally. RV One’s price is tempting but I’m not sure it worth the risk.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:23 AM   #12

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Try MSHRV in Texas, great people, several of us on the forum have purchased coaches from them. If you buy from MSHRV you can fly in, they will pick you up at the airport and you can stay at their facility for a couple of days to get familiar with your coach and have any problems taken care of immediately! MSHRV is located in Alvaredo which is just south and west of Dallas, largest dealer in the world, literally, and the people there are super nice to deal with. I would buy from them again!!!
Old 11-02-2017, 11:20 AM   #13
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Another alternative is to pick one up at the dealership right next to the plant in IN (Total Value RV I think is the one everyone was using--yeah I haven't used them just throwing this out as an option).

Looks like they have at least one 24.1 on the lot.

At least if the miles are your concern picking it up there and driving it home means you'll put every mile on after about 10.

(We picked ours up locally here in MI--which I think would be your best option if you found a good dealer you could work with within 50 miles or so of your home.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:29 PM   #14

THOR #9683
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyh99 View Post
have you tried looking at La Mesa? they have the axis 24.1 from what i see on their website. might be easier to deal with locally in Cali.
Thanks i will check with them.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:39 PM   #15

THOR #9683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrpt58 View Post
Pit,
Don't know if anyone else had this issue, but after I bought mine, I was told by at least one place that supported Thor products that they would only work on it after the first year. If I needed warranty work, it needed to be done at the dealer I bought it from.
Details:
Purchased from Mike's RV Superstore, Santa Fe Springs/Colton
Discussed work with Pacific RV, Lompoc, CA

Again, not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I did.
I wasn't very happy with this, but didn't need to press the issue at the time. Now coach is over 1 year, and Thor warranty is NG anyway. Just the 3 year extended is in effect on the coach and Ford's warranty on the chassis.
That's ok, I do better work than Thor or the shop for my little items anyway.
Hello
Mike Thompson’s is very close to me. They would be my first choice. They said they would not have any 24.1’s until next year. I’m thinking of talking to them about ordering one.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:41 PM   #16

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I looked on MSHRV site and there are several available at very good prices.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #17

THOR #9683
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Another alternative is to pick one up at the dealership right next to the plant in IN (Total Value RV I think is the one everyone was using--yeah I haven't used them just throwing this out as an option).

Looks like they have at least one 24.1 on the lot.

At least if the miles are your concern picking it up there and driving it home means you'll put every mile on after about 10.

(We picked ours up locally here in MI--which I think would be your best option if you found a good dealer you could work with within 50 miles or so of your home.)
Mileage was not my biggest concern. Warranty services after the sale is my biggest concern.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #18

THOR #9683
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I looked on MSHRV site and there are several available at very good prices.
Thanks
Old 11-02-2017, 01:53 PM   #19

THOR #9683
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Try MSHRV in Texas, great people, several of us on the forum have purchased coaches from them. If you buy from MSHRV you can fly in, they will pick you up at the airport and you can stay at their facility for a couple of days to get familiar with your coach and have any problems taken care of immediately! MSHRV is located in Alvaredo which is just south and west of Dallas, largest dealer in the world, literally, and the people there are super nice to deal with. I would buy from them again!!!
Thanks
What kind ,if any, warranty work have you needed.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:37 PM   #20
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitguy View Post
Thanks that’s what I’m think just wondering if anyone had used them.
We agree with Axis Earl ... you should be able to find the 24.1 somewhere closer to your home...just for convenience sake going forward.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote