Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2017, 03:26 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: Texas
THOR #6917
Rvi3

Is anyone using the new RVI3 with Touchpad Braking System? If so, would you recommend it?
Thanks
Ralph

Old 12-21-2017, 09:08 PM   #2

Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #7955
I have one. The first time I set it up and used it, it worked great. The second time I tried using it, the touchpad would not connect to the brake unit or 'hub' that is part of the system. I am still working on trying to figure it out. The RVi company has no support to call.

To respond to your question, no. I would not buy it again.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #3

Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #9030
Hi Ralph, I have the RVI3 and had a little trouble initially getting everything set up but I found the RVI technical support to be very helpful. They promptly returned my calls during busy times when I could not reach a person. I found that I have to reset the hub (small button near usb plugin) to get everything to work when my unit has not been in use for several weeks. Also the unit batteries, both hub and tablet, must be charged so if your rig has been stored without power for a while you may need to charge them. So far after my learning curve, my RVI3 has worked well.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:37 PM   #4

Model: 2016 Four Winds 23U
State: New Hampshire
THOR #7694
Rvi3

Have the unit and no issues so far. About 4,000 miles on it and not a hitch. Agree the you need to keep the units charged up. Really good system.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:37 AM   #5

Model: Miramar 32.1
State: California
THOR #10470
RVi3

Have had the RVi3 Brake about 9 months.
Customer service, A+. Had to call one time, very helpful.
Tips: charge the hub/make sure brake unit is flush to the floorboard & back support.
This is our 1st brake system, but so far very satisfied.
(5K lb Jeep)
Old 01-16-2018, 02:27 PM   #6

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Florida
THOR #6451
I also have the Rvi3 brake system. This is our first motorhome and brake system so I don't have anything to compare it to. I have only had one issue with the brakes so far. I had to recently re-pair the hub to the brake unit. Make sure you don't get rid of the booklet for the Rvi3 brake as it has the scan code to re-pair the brake system. Other than this one incident, it has worked well.

I also have the tire alert system to monitor tire pressure and temps. The first set of sensors kept losing signal. I contacted RVI and they sent me new sensors which work much better. I have been happy with their customer support.

Burch
Old 01-23-2020, 12:01 AM   #7

Model: Windsport 35M
State: Michigan
THOR #7496
Rvi3 not much luck so far

Just purchased it, got it hooked up and seemed to work great. Batteries were fully charged, then the command center tablet went blank. Tried the reset button, but no luck.
Couldn't get ahold of tech support, and had to drive through Louisville and Nashville with no toad brakes.
A bit unnerving, but made. Still no return phone call from rvi, second attempt.