Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2017, 11:53 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Thanks to all

Thanks to everyone for all the help. I did the mod to the amplifier to allow the satellite signal to work using the exterior cable connector. Also, solved my satellite receiver/HDMI cable run issue. The DVD player is in the cabinet right beside the wallplate with the amp and had HDMI running to both the main TV in the kitchen and the exterior TV. Since I will not be using the DVD at the same time as the satellite, I can unhook the appropriate HDMI from the DVD, hook it to my satellite receiver and have satellite programming to either the kitchen or outside. Still have to get the signal from the dish to the second receiver in the bedroom. I will probably do what dcbenny suggested and install another exterior cable connection just beneath the bedroom window, run the cable up through the wall to the cabinet behind the TV, put a coax connector in the back wall of the cabinet, put my satellite receiver in that cabinet and be good to go. I will run my primary satellite cable to the existing cable hookup and the secondary to the new hookup I put on the outside beneath the bedroom window.

Couldn't have done it without all you smart people.

FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote