Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
9uc

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Former Daybreak Owner
State: Nevada
THOR #360
Saying Goodbye!

I've been reluctant to state my "opinion" on Thor as I basically do not like to trash any thing, person, product or brand. In reading this forum, RV.net and iRV2, there are a lot of Thor/Damon owners who love their units and wouldn't want to trade it or listen to some they might consider a malcontent rant about one that did not meet their expectations. I had my "New" off the lot 2014 Thor Daybreak XD34 for 145 days, all but 17 days of that, it was in the shop for a several major repairs of the slide system and damage not corrected prior to shipment and damage apparently done during delivery of which I was not notified prior to purchase. After reviewing the completed repairs, there were many, and determining that the slide, even though worked upon by a factory rep eventually, it still did not meet my satisfaction. I tossed up my hands in frustration and disgust, ask the mechanic to hold the unit while I talk to a salesman about another unit. Four hours later DW and I signed a purchase agreement on an Itasca Sunstar 35F. I took a loss on the Thor that I am a little to embarrassed to admit, but, least, I'm free of the the yellow fruit unit. The Thor was my fifth unit, and was my third Class A preceded by a micro C and a full size C, so I'm not a guy having buyers remorse.

This is the much shortened version of my bad experience and problems with a Thor product and their quality. I would not dream of telling you not to buy a Thor, but I don't think I'd buy another. You decide. It is with much regret that I leave this forum as I've already met a couple of nice people, and that's to include one of the admin, LLoyd.

9uc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:42 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
Sorry to hear it did not work out for you. Congrats on the new itasca, may it bring you many happy and trouble free camping trips. Just because you no longer own your Thor, you are welcome to stay and hang out or even just drop in on occasion. If you choose not to, I wish you much luck in your future.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Stan, thanks for the kind words. I appreciate them, and you.
Just remember, this forum isn't for "just"Thor owners. You are more then welcome to hang out here, and I certainly hope you do!!!!
Good luck with the new rig.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
9uc

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Former Daybreak Owner
State: Nevada
THOR #360
Thank you both and for your invitation to stick around. I'll check in on occasion to do some reading and glean the good ideas that come up and maybe post a response..
9uc is offline   Reply With Quote