Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2017, 02:18 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Looking
State: Texas
THOR #7185
Sheet sizes on Vegas/Axis 25.4 question

Hello, I hope everyone is having a nice evening. I'm trying to figure out the sheet sizes I will need for the 25.4.

1) Bedroom: it states it's Full size yet shows as 54 x 80". Full size fitted sheets are 54 x 75". 80" length is usually found on Queen/King standard mattresses. So do full size sheets work on the bedroom mattress or will I need queen size?

2) Overhead bunk: At 38" x 73" a twin fitted sheet should suffice - is this correct?

3) Dream Dinette: 42" x 74" will a double fitted sheet work here?

Thanks!!!

Old 05-17-2017, 06:03 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 25.4
State: Oregon
THOR #4548
Corner Bed Sheets!

Hi HSBdobergirl,

I haven't seen anyone else with interest in the 25.4 in the past and seems as if you are still in the looking phase? Or have you purchased one? I just got mine at the end of March.

So, it's a corner bed and no standard sheets will fit as it's longer then a typical full size sheet. I was fortunate in finding a great company that does a lot of mattresses and mattress accessories for RV's:

mattressinsider.com.

I was able to measure it for them in a prescribed way and they get it out very quickly and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. It fit perfectly.

best of luck,

- karen
Old 05-17-2017, 03:22 PM   #3

THOR #7185
Sheet set for Vegas/Axis 25.4

Hi Karen, thanks for the info. I'm still looking. I'm surprised more haven't gotten the 25.4 as it's the only one with tons more storage than the other models. I'm renting this for a 16 day road trip to see how I like it. You answered my question, I'll have to make a queen set work (I thought so with the length). But I'll keep the URL in mind should I want to buy it then I'll get some custom made sheets. Have a good day!
Old 05-17-2017, 03:52 PM   #4

THOR #4548
Vegas 25.4

Did I read that you are able to rent one? Wow,that's unusual and amazing and great. Yes, I also had in mind that if, in the end, I wanted to live in it full time or even just be able to be off the grid for weeks at a time,that I would want the expanded living area and all of what I think is additional storage space vs the other models in exchange for having a corner bed. I'm on my own so the corner bed is not a problem for me.

Generally speaking, folks don't like corner beds especially when there are two people trying to share and it is "only" full size and folks prefer queen or larger. With that said, Thor continues to carry this model so apparently there is demand for it.

Are you doing this on your own? If so, do look up RVing Women.

best to you

karen
Old 05-17-2017, 08:23 PM   #5

THOR #7185
Vegas 25.4

Yep, the dealer here had all the models for rent so I got to look at them and decided the 25.4 made the most sense. Out of the '25' models it has 70 cu ft of exterior storage vs. 47-38 cu ft. in the other models...Plus what you give up in bed size you gain with a wardrobe/dresser area. I also didn't like the slider in the bedroom (a couple of the other models). I would rather have it in the living area. As far as the bed, when I was married my husband was 6'5". We had a 31' travel trailer for outings. He would sleep on the queen size bed and I always slept on the pull out couch anyway. Now it's just me and my Dober who share a king size bed at home and somehow she manages to take up 3/4 of the bed overnight so this could get interesting with the full size but I'm sure we'll be fine. I'll just wake up to 77 lbs sprawled all over me LOL.

So yep, it's just us girls making this road trip! Thanks for the tip on RVing Women, I'll look it up!
Old 05-17-2017, 10:56 PM   #6

THOR #4548
Solo Camping (with dog of course:)

OK, good. I'm doing this solo and have never camped in any type of trailer or RV before. It's been great to have all of the support and good company of the gals who are part of RVing Women (Oregon Chapter.

One other thing about sheets is that using an existing flat queen will probably mostly work for the main bed as well as the dinette bed (though likely to be a bit short) unless/until you decide to buy or not and invest in a specially made one that actually fits.

Keep me posted on your experience and decisions too, if you would like.

Inquiring minds want to know
Old 05-17-2017, 11:35 PM   #7

THOR #7185
Vegas 25.4

Karen, I would love to hear your experiences and I will share vice versa, I don't go until October though . If you would like why don't you write me directly. I'm not going to give my exact address in case there is a program trolling out here. my userid is (name that you have been writing to) at yahoo. I think you can figure it out. If not write me back on the forum.
Vicki
Old 07-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8001
Quote:
Originally Posted by karwask View Post
OK, good. I'm doing this solo and have never camped in any type of trailer or RV before. It's been great to have all of the support and good company of the gals who are part of RVing Women (Oregon Chapter.

One other thing about sheets is that using an existing flat queen will probably mostly work for the main bed as well as the dinette bed (though likely to be a bit short) unless/until you decide to buy or not and invest in a specially made one that actually fits.

Keep me posted on your experience and decisions too, if you would like.

Inquiring minds want to know
Hi, I've been reading this forum for a while now. I, too, will be a solo Rving woman with my Portuguese Waterdog, Willie. Have narrowed my choice down to an Axis or Vegas 25.2 (or possibly go a bit smaller with a 24.1) and eventually will tow a Honda Fit. Will be ready to buy right after beginning of 2018 so hopefully prices will come down a bit. Looking at a 2016 or possibly 2017 if I can get a good deal on a slightly used trade-in. Will retire in March, sell my Boston condo and all my belongings and hit the road indefinitely. Will end up in the southwest. I'm excited and scared to death (but that won't stop me!). I'm just not very mechanically inclined, but I guess I'll learn!

Thing I fear most is something breaking in the rig and not being able to fix it or costing me a ton of $$, but that's all part of the game, I guess.

I have so many questions.... like on the 25.2 with the rear slide out bed, how do you get up on the roof since there's no ladder?
Is there really enough room between the kitchen and dining table at the sofa since that doesn't slide out? I'm hoping I can buy a new table top, like the rectangle one that came in the first year's models that goes between the captain's chairs. Not really keen on that little round cocktail table, but that's a minor issue.

As far as sheet fits and sizes... I have that problem with my bed at home and hate to have the fitted sheet come loose. I tried a bunch of different sheet holders, and these are by far the best. Easy to use and really do anchor the sheet under the mattress quite well when the sheet doesn't fit well to begin with. Called Bed Bands on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Bed-Band-Asse...s=sheet+straps

Any 25.2 owners out there that can offer some nifty insights?
Cheers! Mary
Old 08-21-2017, 03:46 AM   #9

State: California
THOR #7502
Sheet sizes

We have had 3 RV's in many years of RV'ing. Currently have a 2017 Thor Vegas 24.1. I discovered long ago that what works best for us...no matter what size bed we have...is to buy a foam mattress topper and cut to fit the bed dimensions exactly. We got ours at Walmart.

Then buy a big sheet..or sheets.. and make an envelope for the topper with a zipper on 3 sides. Then simply lay the topper on your mattress. Not only is it a more comfortable bed with the topper, but you can flip it over and get extra time before washing the sheet envelope. Works great.

Our local upholsterer made ours for $50 each, including the zipper. Well worth it...no more struggling to tuck in sheets.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:11 AM   #10

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Buy jersey sheets, they stretch enough to fit most beds. Our RV king is smaller than a standard king, we use jersey queen and get a nice tight fit.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:52 AM   #11

Model: 2015 vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #1448
While looking for sheets for my 24.1, I found that there are full xl sheets. They are 80 x 54.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #12

State: Virginia
THOR #7962
managing the sheet situation

We added a mattress topper from BB&Beyond to our bed and put two fitted sheets on it, one on top of the other. I cut the corner out of the topper to match the missing corner on the original mattress. Instead of changing sheets, I just remove the top one and, voila, bed's ready. I may put more fitted sheets on since were taking a long trip.

I like the idea of making an "envelope" of the topper and flipping it, but because of the corner missing, I do it this way.

We had a Winnebago View before and the Vegas is heads and tails over that one. We sacrificed a little bed space to gain all that closet space and love it. Hubby put short bronze hand rails from Lowes up under the cabinets over the bed between the lights, so we can grab and slide ourselves in or out of bed, solving that problem of being the one on the inside.

Tags
25.4, axis, sheets, vegas