Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2016, 03:40 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
We bought a Thor super C- (35SF)
Yes- we love it! No- we would never buy from camping world and it is around the corner! we bought from a Thor dealer a little over an hour away---we had researched everything for a year---we have ford Truck service center about 30 min away for truck part,tires, alignment- we have rv service center for oil changes, generator maint and general camper fix its if need---the other components- aka lippert (slides,steps,awnings,jacks), the refrigerator and any other parts Thor decided to utilize would have to go back to the dealer while under warranty---. So far, no long trips but several short ones to get familiar plus camping in the yard so ti speak and no issues.....knock on wood! It drives great (needs and alignment but they want us to get 2000 miles on it first) it is a beast- it is comfortable- it is roomy but not crazy-- it hauls and it is very quiet for diesel.....think you'll love it if you make sure your other things and support system is in place---cuz once you buy---they done! LOL

Old 07-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #22

Model: ACE 29.3
State: New York
THOR #3187
What is MHSRV ?
Old 07-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #23

Model: Four Winds Super C 35SB
State: Colorado
THOR #3579
Spoke too soon

Well now I am really second guessing my decision. I just posted in the mechanical section of these forums for help. I was driving down the highway when I heard a blast, like someone had punctured an aerosol can, when I got to my campsite, hydraulic fluid started pouring out of the leveling jacks. It sprayed up into the inside of the cab and now my carpet is saturated. I am level now because I drove up onto a log to get the RV level. I am beyond upset and can't get ahold of anyone at Lippert for assistance. I hope and pray I can drive this back home and the jacks don't come down while I am driving? I just want to drive to Elkhart and stay there until everything is fixed! Help!
Old 07-02-2016, 01:01 PM   #24

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
First, in your area, contact other Thor dealers and ask if they are willing to service units they do not sell. This is a big issue in the RV world.

Second, take the offer from Camping World to another dealer with a reputable service department and see if they will match the offer.
We just got back from Billings MT getting a few warranty issues fixed. Service with Bretz RV has been good. Just for the fun of it I asked if they would do warranty and or service work for someone who bought elsewhere and the answer was no. I am glad I bought from a dealer that takes care of me. If I had bought from Camping World (4 hours away or more) I would have saved some money on the purchase but where would I go for service and warranty work? I think it is better for us to have spent a few more $$ to get things taken care of. Our closest dealer (Bretz) is 100 miles away, and we are able to get there the day prior to our appointment, park in a safe area and hook up power at no cost. They got our unit in promptly the next morning at 8am and let us wait in a comfortable waiting room. In fact, they loaned us a car to go get something to eat. The bottom line is your dealer is very important after the sale.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #25

State: Utah
THOR #4869
Chateau

Just bought a Chateau 35sk at Collier RV Rockford Il. They were very easy to work with ( Todd ) and walk thru tech (Drew) was very thorough. Drove it home to OKC area. It handles great. Lots of power and easy turning radius. Had small issue along the way. Valence over dinette was not attached to the wall at the top at all so it fell over, held on by bottom bracket. Stopped at Camping world Springfield Mo. (Tammy) in Service was a sweetheart, had a mech. go out and put in two L brackets within 15 mins. A thank you and back on my way. Just
before Tulsa had a bracket brake in wheel well ( right rear ). Rubbing on tire. Stopped at Bob Hurley Ford. The service rep ( Paul ) went out and reattached it for me himself. Back on the road.
Showing the coach to wife and noticed the couch bed in slide out not mounted properly. Too far out away from wall 4"-6". ( I missed it during walk thru@Collier). In shop now getting Thor OK.

Owned sea breeze 33" and Pace Arrow 34' in the past. Did not like the gas Class "A" at all. Hard to keep in lane with wind, trucks. Very hot in cab and on feet with motor right below you. I prefer a 5th wheel for towing and the comfort of my truck cab ( 2005 chevy duramax crew LB 160k) but the wife retired and wants to travel with 2 big dogs that don't fit together in back seat. So Super C seemed to make sence.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:41 AM   #26

State: Utah
THOR #4869
Chateau

Just bought a Chateau 35sk at Collier RV Rockford Il. They were very easy to work with ( Todd ) and walk thru tech (Drew) was very thorough. Drove it home to OKC area. It handles great. Lots of power and easy turning radius. Had small issue along the way. Valence over dinette was not attached to the wall at the top at all so it fell over, held on by bottom bracket. Stopped at Camping world Springfield Mo. (Tammy) in Service was a sweetheart, had a mech. go out and put in two L brackets within 15 mins. A thank you and back on my way. Just
before Tulsa had a bracket brake in wheel well ( right rear ). Rubbing on tire. Stopped at Bob Hurley Ford. The service rep ( Paul ) went out and reattached it for me himself. Back on the road.
Showing the coach to wife and noticed the couch bed in slide out not mounted properly. Too far out away from wall 4"-6". ( I missed it during walk thru@Collier). In shop now getting Thor OK.

Owned sea breeze 33" and Pace Arrow 34' in the past. Did not like the gas Class "A" at all. Hard to keep in lane with wind, trucks. Very hot in cab and on feet with motor right below you. I prefer a 5th wheel for towing and the comfort of my truck cab ( 2005 chevy duramax crew LB 160k) but the wife retired and wants to travel with 2 big dogs that don't fit together in back seat. So Super C seemed to make sence.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:45 AM   #27

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alberta
THOR #13754
Good morning, I’m curious as to why the unit is hard to winterized. We are considering a 2015 Four Winds 35SK is the reason for asking. Thanks for your feedback eh?
Old 12-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #28

Model: Super C Chateau 35SK
State: Texas
THOR #921
I didn't find the 35SK to be difficult to winterize. The process took about 30 minutes from start to finish.

I used an adaptor for an air hose to attach to the water inlet and used compressed air to drain the water lines. The low point drains (after finding them) were easy to drain.

The water heater was fairly simple to drain as well.

Be sure if you are using the air method, to make sure the ice maker cycles to blow the water out of those lines as well.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:52 AM   #29

Model: Four Winds 33SW
State: Idaho
THOR #4147
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
AnnieL64 - super story. You did your homework and it sounds like it paid off. At a minimum you went into the MHSRV with your eyes wide open. You bought for price and hopefully you'll find a competent service center. You have found what we found, Thor Warranty will work with you and most times will send you the parts for your own installation.

I have a 2016 33SW and Thor customer support has been great. Now that it is out of warranty I do most of the RV maintenance myself. Thor has sent me all of the drawings on the 33SW and I have been able to contact contact info for most of the suppliers. I still have my local Ford truck dealer take care of the F-550 chassis and drivetrain.

If you need to talk to a Thor Customer Service agent that has proven to be top notch, call in and talk to Teena Sexton. She has been fantastic!!!

Marshall Poe