Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Tuscany 40EX
State: South Dakota
THOR #1260
Slide out issues 2015 Thor Tuscany 40EX

Anyone have this problem. 1 slide out is out and stopped working blew fuses and left with 2 slides in and will not work.

All we have is the blue Thor manual but talks about referring to another one. which out of all the manuals and paper work that came with it nothing not even a picture of the panel that shows the slide out buttons. Help.

We are trying to get someone out who knows Thor.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #2

State: Texas
THOR #1330
I had the same problem with my 2015 Palazzo. I called Thor Tech help but all their suggestions didn't work. I ended up getting road side assistance to get the slide in. Now it is back at the dealer for repairs. That large slide is a design flaw. They put the washer/dryer, stove, sink and sofa on that one slide. It is too long and too heavy for the motors. The weight throws the slide off balance and the two motors get out of sync.
Did you get yours fixed?
Old 12-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Hmm,

I had an issue with my 2014 Thor Miramar 34.2, involving the really big slide. the dealer had to remove the slide completely to discover during the manufacting process, a roller was not installed on the forward track assembly.

This missing roller was putting undue stress and wear on the entire slide system!

The dealer installed the missing roller and replaced the motors with slower moving but supposedly stronger ones. My fingers are crossed that this was the correct fix!!
Old 12-07-2014, 02:55 AM   #4

THOR #1260
The RV mobile repair people find it to be a bad switch for now. I won't hold my breath. 4 weeks just to get the right part from Thor who kept sending out the wrong switch.

We take the MH in for 2 days in Jan to try and get some things fixed.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:24 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Thor has a new slide out system called 3TRAX. It looks like the Schwintek system but with two tracks at the top and one at the bottom. Perhaps those of you with slide out problems can get the new track system installed.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #6

THOR #1330
FW28z, I will ask Thor about the new system! Thank you!
Old 12-09-2014, 01:05 PM   #7

THOR #1330
I called the dealer and asked about the new system. They said it wouldn't fit the 2015 Palazzo. Now to call Thor and ask them.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #8

Model: Daybreak 32HD
THOR #1188
I had several issues with my large slide in my 2013 Daybreak and finally they replaced the original motors with a higher torque motor albeit slower, it been working fine for the past year. By the way, when I bought my MH, the salesman said I could put both slides out at the same time, tried it one time and blew the fuse. Both slides are on the same fuse therefore do not try it.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #9

THOR #1260
Most have no clue about the slide outs. Bringing in and out our Thor 2015 Tuscany slides we learned that we have a sequence. To bring in the hydraulic full-wall has to have engine running to go out first and the other motor driven ones the key has to be on and one at a ti me. To bring them out the motor driven first and last is the hydraulic slide. If we do not do this the slides will not work and we can blow blow fuses. Don't know if this will work for every MH.

Tags
manual, panel, slideouts