Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-08-2019, 04:28 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
If you're considering other Brands... Perhaps Tiffin should be on your radar scope.
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1573220596
I have not seen any Tiffins Class A under 30' 5"?

I have seen Newmar's Bay Sports, but oddly we have to give up a lot and pay $25k more to go that root. The Winnebago Vista would be easy choice if willing to just pay more. I am in that stage of negotiated to get the best deal I can on the Winnebago versus what I had previously committed to pay on Thor's Windsport 27B.

With no haggling you can get brand new 2019 Windsport 27B for $80k. With no haggling you can get the brand new 2019 Winnebago 29VE for $90k.

The Windsport/Hurricane 2019 29M is not a consideration for us because it is too long 30' 8" and then add the ladder. Vista 29VE is 30' 3' with ladder

My dilemma has been while I gain an awful lot with the 29VE over 27B; I loose the following.
1. AGS
2. HDMI Splitter to all TVs
3. San T Flush
4. Corian countertop w/sink covers
5. 10" screen down to 6" screen

So as I understand better AGS, HDMI wiring (may go wireless here though) and San T flush cost, the better I know how much I am willing to pay. Maybe I get lucky in month or so if prices drop due to winter?

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:44 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
10 inch screen, android 9.0 does everything a $1,100 comparable unit does.
Mine was $149. $125 install because Thor used some 8guage wiring instead of a standard connection. Standard connection and it would have been 60 buck install.
Eonon. Amazon.

Downloading movies to your phone is free.
A wireless hdmi splitter without the Damnable cables is as low as 14 bucks.
Blue ray surround sound players are as low as 47 bucks, they might be $20 on black friday... Buy three if you need to.

Sant flush is $40

You're on your own about the cost of Corian, but there was a recent post of someone changing theirs out for Corian and it wasn't an earthshattering cost.

My rv purchase idea assumed it was a kit. A kit I was glad they loaned me a microwave until I could fit the one I wanted, loaned me a front end until I could fit the one I wanted and threw in some seats until I bought the ones I wanted.

Why not buy the rv you really want and then just make it yours?

I make these suggestions because I'm trying to understand a procrastination based on $40 and $140 niceties, that are only practical, not custom to your need.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:52 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I have not seen any Tiffins Class A under 30' 5"?...
Their smallest Class A is the Allegro Breeze... a 31 footer.

https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/class-a/allegro-breeze
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:35 AM   #24

THOR #13058
Quote:
Their smallest Class A is the Allegro Breeze... a 31 footer.

https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/class-a/allegro-breeze
31'6" I am by choice confining myself to less than 30' 5"; so it can fit in my rear driveway without extended to Alley. Even if I decide to later store someplace, at least I know I can leave it the driveway as long as I like when I like.

You may recall I started like this when i first joined the site.

1. ACE 29.3 Length 29'9" Hydraulic pump corroded due to exploded battery, Thor has discontinued the model

2. Windsport 27B Length 29'3" Dealer would not commit all items on punch list, but was guaranteed the deposit if he could not. Thor has discontinued the model

3. As they say Strike 3 and I may be out....
Winnebago 29VE 30'3" I am looking at several coaches now, basically they run $10k more than what I was going to pay for the 27B plus. They are obvious better quality to us, but missing some things. Newmar Bay Sports $25k more are even better quality but missing even more things. I hadn't seen a real Tiffin in real life, but I know it is the bomb. But part of my allure for RV is to have it at home as man cave. I still can't believe the Baysport at $110k does not have an outside TV?

Another poster stated they got new 2019 29VE for $87k, I have not been able to get to that number yet. I have seen used 2019s for $80k - $84k.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 11-09-2019, 05:58 AM   #25

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
10 inch screen, android 9.0 does everything a $1,100 comparable unit does.
Mine was $149. $125 install because Thor used some 8guage wiring instead of a standard connection. Standard connection and it would have been 60 buck install.
Eonon. Amazon.

Downloading movies to your phone is free.
A wireless hdmi splitter without the Damnable cables is as low as 14 bucks.
Blue ray surround sound players are as low as 47 bucks, they might be $20 on black friday... Buy three if you need to.

Sant flush is $40

You're on your own about the cost of Corian, but there was a recent post of someone changing theirs out for Corian and it wasn't an earth shattering cost.

My rv purchase idea assumed it was a kit. A kit I was glad they loaned me a microwave until I could fit the one I wanted, loaned me a front end until I could fit the one I wanted and threw in some seats until I bought the ones I wanted.

Why not buy the rv you really want and then just make it yours?

I make these suggestions because I'm trying to understand a procrastination based on $40 and $140 niceties, that are only practical, not custom to your need.
I bet the sales reps I am dealing with would love for you to accompany me on my next trip You are making sense to me and I am understanding. Don't think it procrastination that I wouldn't buy because no $40 San T Flush, but simply fact that I didn't know what it may mean sto not have one and if I could have one installed or not? I had one Dealer say it was NOT an option. I don't know why they said that. I don't intend to do myself but from what I read it seems like it should be possible and no more than $200 to have installed.

I like your kit analogy. The 2019 Windsport / Hurricanes were drive and play to us though. Gosh Thor include everything feature wise. Workmanship has just failed us so now we are SOB. The procrastination I do have is whether to pay $10k more this higher quality unit and then plan on buying later all of the other kit items? From what I am learning the kit items in total may be $4k - $5k; so now I am at $15k over the 27B. So while I plan to pay more for SOB; I may be about $5k more than what I was looking to spend. I am hoping price drops going into winter to help finance my kit items
Old 11-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
D,
I wasn't aware of the basis for your limitation on length.
Sorry...
Old 11-09-2019, 04:32 PM   #27

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Not sure I buy into, 'it can't be installed on this one'! I believe the dealer doesn't want to install it, but it can't be done????? BTW I had one installed on the black tank on my Gemini when I bought it.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:31 PM   #28
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
. I agree: it might be time for a new Dealer...
Old 11-10-2019, 01:04 AM   #29

THOR #13058
Quote:
. I agree: it might be time for a new Dealer...
The dealers are heartless and I feel sorry for the sales guys. One dealer dropped his price today on one unit for lower than what they told me was their rock bottom. They have not even bothered to call me back. I figure I will have to wait until the published price online falls within what I am willing to pay before I reach out to them again. in the meantime check out this min camper tent.

$510

Now if I can find one with AGS, San T Flush, HDMI Splitter, and Corian I will be in business.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	popup tent.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	21364  
Old 11-17-2019, 04:33 AM   #30

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
I don't have one

5 years now. I dump my holding tanks on my trip home, before I set for the next use. What are we flushing? The black tank? Why..? I mean, it is plastic, so the Sh*tis embedded in it.. not like you are going to reuse the tank for a fresh water one someday.. what am I missing here?
Old 11-17-2019, 12:45 PM   #31

Model: Axis 25.3
State: Florida
THOR #13282
We are on our 8th RV, and only one had that garden hose fitting to back flush with, Born Free <
Anywho,
I just take the hose inside and Flush away like we had to do with all the others, it's the final duty before lights out.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #32

THOR #13058
Thanks Bill & Pete,

Just so you know, I owned a 30' Chapparal for 14 years and never once flushed the black tank. It was confined to the lake and each pump out was $20. It never was an issue.

However, the angle of this thread was because as I was looking at some other brand I noticed that some of same year model 2019 did not have. I was trying to gage how hard I should press a dealer to install before the purchase if I went with unit without.

So far one dealer is saying it is not possible for them to install the San T Flush as others have pointing out I could do myself for $40 parts off Amazon. But dealer has since stated that the location of wet bay makes it not possible. If they cannot, I am sure I would not try. However, they did say they could probable install a Tornado. Something to do with the placement of the water hose connection location.

Hopes this makes sense. I sure I could live without, but dotting all my i's and crossing all t's so I know what I have on day 1 and what I must dop later so I am not on this site complaining about what the RV dealer sold me because I didn't do my homework.

@Bill

When you bring the hose inside, where do you let it drain? Bath sink or toilet? I have have a rubber inflatable attachment that I use on occasion in the house that when on it inflates to the diameter of the pipe sealing it self and squirts at high pressure to flush the pipes. You post makes me thing that that may also work and perhaps be better if it could be used in a toilet line which I have never tried? I may have to buy a bigger one that will seal the bottom of toilet? Or just fugggggettttabbbouuuit :-)
Old 11-17-2019, 02:42 PM   #33

THOR #13282
I stick it down the throat of the head and let the Guillotine hold the hose in place, retreat outside and listen to the tank fill as I turn on the spigot, you'll know when to turn off the water an open the black tank valve >>
I'll do this several times or until my affluent neighbors complain. Grin grin , once flushed I'll pour in some of that liquid blue chemical and your done .
I have never flushed the grey tanks, just rinse some baking soda down the sinks and shower drains.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:54 PM   #34
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
If the "affluent neighbors" complain too much: give them your best "Cousin Eddy" imitation...

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1574002491
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2019, 03:02 PM   #35

THOR #13282
Omg that's too funny, is it Miller time yet lol
Semper Fi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191111_120337.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	21501  
Old 11-17-2019, 03:16 PM   #36
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Barber View Post
Omg that's too funny, is it Miller time yet lol
Semper Fi
It's got to be 10:00 AM somewhere...
Old 11-17-2019, 04:30 PM   #37

THOR #13058
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1574002491[/QUOTE]

ok, if this is what the experts recommend; I can try this and drop the San T Flush and running hose down through toilet.

My only questions

1. Does this only work with snow? I don't think we can get snow to build up and stay on the ground like that in Dallas. With 100 plus temperatures the smell can get bad.
2. I don't have a robe like that, will a regular robe do?
3. Shouldn't he lay that hose flush on the ground for contents to flow, or do you assume to park up on some hill?
Old 11-17-2019, 04:44 PM   #38

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Affluent vs Effluent.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:05 PM   #39
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
My only questions[/I][/B]
1. Does this only work with snow? I don't think we can get snow to build up and stay on the ground like that in Dallas. With 100 plus temperatures the smell can get bad.
2. I don't have a robe like that, will a regular robe do?
3. Shouldn't he lay that hose flush on the ground for contents to flow, or do you assume to park up on some hill?
Depending on local ordinances: the robe might be optional...
The lack of snow might just help you to get a really good price on your neighbor's home!