Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Sometimes you just have to Laugh!

10 months ago we purchased our Axis in Elkhart. We have been back to TVRV Six times. I refuse to leave it. We have spent Two days at Thor's repair facility in Wakarusa and a Day in Mishawaka, for generator repair. Total Value RV has been Great. Thor customer service has been Great. We have conquered a lot of issues and disappointment in some trying situations. Our goal has been to let the "pleasure, outweigh the pain".
We have lake property so we don't use our RV much in the summer. So with no pending issues, we decided to take some of the family tubing on the Muskegon river. Straight up Michigan's Rout 66 for 120 miles. About half way up, we hit a bump in the middle of a slight turn. Something crashed on the floor in the bathroom and slid out into the isle. I asked my Granddaughter; What was that? She said the toilet seat just flew off. I just started laughing! It took less than a minuet to put it back on. It just makes me laugh every time I think about it.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:58 PM   #2

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Reminds me of something that happened to us many years ago, in an old, well at the time it was fairly new, Pace Arrow. We were on a very crooked road on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state. On one of those really surprisingly tight turns, the refrigerator door flew open. The result was, the contents of the refrigerator redecorated a good portion of the interior of the motor home. One of those, you have to laugh, or you will cry. Needless to say, when we got stopped, we spent quite a bit of time cleaning up.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #3

Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Reminds me of something that happened to us many years ago, in an old, well at the time it was fairly new, Pace Arrow. We were on a very crooked road on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state. On one of those really surprisingly tight turns, the refrigerator door flew open. The result was, the contents of the refrigerator redecorated a good portion of the interior of the motor home. One of those, you have to laugh, or you will cry. Needless to say, when we got stopped, we spent quite a bit of time cleaning up.

Had that happen on our last trip, broke the drawer and whirlpool sent me a new one.
I'm trying to find a clasp or child lock thingy to put on it during travel.

Had tater salad all over.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:46 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 29m
State: Idaho
THOR #5564
Surprise!

Just for the novelty of it I installed a bidet on the toilet of our 2017 29m. It actually works great and has reduced tissue use. Bidets are fairly new to America and I've found a lot of folks have no idea what it does, simple explanation, "an upward aimed spray rinse". Next to the toilet there is a knob without much info on it, just a little image of a water spray on and off. Well the oldest daughter came by for a visit while we were staying near her in Seattle. I should have warned her, but I just hadn't thought about it until we heard the yelling in the bathroom. She didn't know about the pedal flush, but saw the knob, oops! She got it turned off, opened the door and demanded an explanation of what that was all about? Before giving the correct explanation, I said that we were saving water by face washing while flushing. Why didn't she like it? Some times you just have to laugh!

2017 Windsport 29m
2017 Chev Colorado Crew Cab Diesel 4X4 Toad
pengoquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:17 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
You have a fantastic attitude!
When faced with the choice to laugh or cry: I always choose the one that will upset my enemies the most!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote