Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2019, 10:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 22FE
State: Oklahoma
THOR #15560
Step Lights LED inside Door Freedom Elite 22FE

The steps at the door and the short step up at the back near the bathroom have LED lights. These lights come on when the Coach Battery is not in disconnect. For those of you that have these...They were standard and not after market..Do they go off after a certain amount of time or stay on? There is a switch for inside step up that I found finally. Nothing for the stairwell and it did not seem to auto off after 5 mins. There is no electric step and no wires or mechanism....I tried shutting the door and it still was on.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:01 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #13098
On my Four Winds 24F there is a switch on the left as you enter the coach marked "Step Lights" that turn both the stairwell and step light on/off. The lights were standard on my coach.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:30 AM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
In my Outlaw 29H, there are several switches at the entry near the steps a couple are not labeled. One is the Use/Store switch.....one is for the step light.... one is for the awning..... one is for the awning LED's, and the other is for the main coach lights.

I would think your 22FE is similar. Try each of those switches to see which lights they control.

If one of the switches by the steps do not shut off that light, you may have a bad switch or a wiring issue.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:39 AM   #4

THOR #15560
Thanks for the replies. I still cannot find a switch that turns it off. Since it is not an electric step I would say a short might be possible. I will dig a little more.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:05 PM   #5

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
Is it possible the step lights are also on the RapidCamp remote if you have one?
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:58 PM   #6

THOR #15560
I finally talked to someone. Turns out on the Freedom Elite without the electric step this one LED light stays on all the time as a step and night light. It does go off when you disconnect the battery. Not sure I am totally convinced but it sounds reasonable.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #7

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Step Lights LED inside Door Freedom Elite 22FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blj1961 View Post
I finally talked to someone. Turns out on the Freedom Elite without the electric step this one LED light stays on all the time as a step and night light. It does go off when you disconnect the battery. Not sure I am totally convinced but it sounds reasonable.

I’ll call BS on that one...... if that was a valid safety concern, it would be that way on any rig with stationary steps.

I’d first believe that the Thor Manufacturing Tech forgot to install the switch.

I have an Outlaw 29H and it has an access door to plug in a propane grill. I saw the exact same unit where the owner posted a picture of the hose and fitting tie wrapped to the frame. They forgot to install the access door for it.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:54 AM   #8

THOR #15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I’ll call BS on that one...... if that was a valid safety concern, it would be that way on any rig with stationary steps.

I’d first believe that the Thor Manufacturing Tech forgot to install the switch.

I have an Outlaw 29H and it has an access door to plug in a propane grill. I saw the exact same unit where the owner posted a picture of the hose and fitting tie wrapped to the frame. They forgot to install the access door for it.
Judge was correct and it has taken this long to find someone that would read the wiring schematic correctly and identify an incorrect splice. That person was not me. Plumbing and caulking I am good at....Wiring I just shouldn't.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Right side wiring harnass.pdf (122.5 KB, 27 views)