Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2018, 03:08 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cason61 View Post
Attachment 13673 Make sure nobody adds something to the 'punch' and maybe hold off on driving for a day or three.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180726_110603.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	13674 And any place that has a floor like this? Ooiiee!

Old 10-27-2018, 09:21 PM   #42

THOR #8432
Quote:
Attachment 13673 Make sure nobody adds something to the 'punch' and maybe hold off on driving for a day or three.
The path from the parking lot to the beach below is well, a little steep. It is not advised you do any drinking before hand. "Someone throw me a line"! "I would if I knew any good ones!"Click image for larger version

Name:	20181026_223313.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	13680
Old 10-30-2018, 06:40 PM   #43

State: Louisiana
THOR #7882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
Hi

First trip in pd31, stopped for night at Walmart in ky. There were 6 other rvs parked in a line. 3 am I am awakened by noise opened the door and a pickup was tearing away. Did a walk around and found the guy had stolen our sewer hose from the bumper !! It sucks but hey used it previous night and didn’t get to rinse it so.... that sry ahole got a nice mess in his truck!!! Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement hose that will store in the bumper??

I purchased two of these and they lock. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1188.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	13737
Old 10-31-2018, 03:03 AM   #44

Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
My Axis had a key'd dump door until it didn't... Don't want a key or keys to be part of my dump duty. Keeps it simple, fast and clean...

When the hose and everything is stored in the dump compartment, key'd access is ok by me because I can unlock, glove, dump, dispose gloves and then lock without tainting my pocket.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:52 AM   #45
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I agree... it's just a shame to you have to...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:10 PM   #46

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I agree... it's just a shame to you have to...
My setup is that the slinky goes inside the compartment where the levers are. The drain got pointed down and it stays down, capped until I need to attach all the stuff. I do admit that it's a tight fit with the hose, the 90 degree bend and the whatever they call it to get it off the ground and later on I'll add a small sandbag to keep the bend of the hose IN the sewer drain, but that's next year. A long time ago we had somebody stealing parts off cars at work. He got caught and punished. Still had parts coming up missing though, like doors, tail lights though.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:53 PM   #47
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
We have a hunting camp in the Adirondacks... Our family has been going their since 1922.
About forty years ago; a neighboring camp was having their firewood stolen...
The camp owner decided to take care of it in his own special way.
He drilled out a good-sized "Over-nighter", and hid a stick of dynamite inside it.
Then: he waited...

It didn't take long to figure out exactly which camp was helping themselves to his firewood!
Old 10-31-2018, 04:22 PM   #48

Model: Four Winds 31E (2019)
State: California
THOR #12270
Quote:
We have a hunting camp in the Adirondacks... Our family has been going their since 1922.
About forty years ago; a neighboring camp was having their firewood stolen...
The camp owner decided to take care of it in his own special way.
He drilled out a good-sized "Over-nighter", and hid a stick of dynamite inside it.
Then: he waited...

It didn't take long to figure out exactly which camp was helping themselves to his firewood!
i read that as fireworks not firewood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCreek View Post
My Axis had a key'd dump door until it didn't... Don't want a key or keys to be part of my dump duty. Keeps it simple, fast and clean...

When the hose and everything is stored in the dump compartment, key'd access is ok by me because I can unlock, glove, dump, dispose gloves and then lock without tainting my pocket.
i keep the aqua-kem bottles and gloves in the sewer tank compartment.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:09 PM   #49
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
The fireworks went off about five minutes after that stick went into the woodstove...
It took down their camp!
Old 10-31-2018, 05:13 PM   #50

THOR #8432
Quote:
The fireworks went off about five minutes after that stick went into the woodstove...
It took down their camp!
"Think you used enough dynamite there Butch ?" Bet that broke em of the habit.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:49 PM   #51
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
"Think you used enough dynamite there Butch ?" Bet that broke em of the habit.
You betcha!
Old 11-03-2018, 11:04 PM   #52

Brand: Dutchmen
State: Illinois
THOR #13214
I put a harp on the little door of the bumper,, only so it couldn't accidentally come open while traveling,, didn't know I was theft proofing it,, would guess they are shitty theives
Old 11-04-2018, 08:22 PM   #53

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Local150 View Post
I put a harp on the little door of the bumper,, only so it couldn't accidentally come open while traveling,, didn't know I was theft proofing it,, would guess they are shitty theives
What's the future in stealing sewer hoses? Like, what are they worth at a 'Pawn' shop?
Old 11-04-2018, 08:42 PM   #54

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: Georgia
THOR #13014
Pretty Sad

I like the Camco as well, but I got the Rhino model. It stays compressed in accordion fashion until you pull it apart, much easier for me. Try Camping Worlds website, they frequently run sales. Also, if you are a Good Sam member you will get an additional 10% off. (I got Good Sam for the fuel discounts, but they sent me a $25 coupon and made the membership free)
Old 11-04-2018, 08:48 PM   #55

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Some @&$%# Will Steal Anything

Unfortunately in todays world there are people out there that will steal anything. A broken BBQ grill, an old fashioned air TV antenna off the roof of your house, somebody's crutches or wheelchair, your kids toys out of your yard and now a new low, the sewer hose from your RV.

I use the Rhino kit with all the stuff and extension parts. It runs about $40.00 so I have it all locked up in the RV lower storage where the sewer hook up is. All the RV folks I have met have been the salt of the earth so it was likely a tent guy wanting to build a toilet in his living room and needed the hose so he could flush to the kitchen sink. Moron!

Honestly I don't know who I dislike most the liar or the thief!

Here, hang this on the bumper and wire the pin to the hose at night!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DPC_hand_grenades_C13_M67[1].jpg
Views:	78
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	13863  
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:50 PM   #56

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: Georgia
THOR #13014
Quote:
My setup is that the slinky goes inside the compartment where the levers are. The drain got pointed down and it stays down, capped until I need to attach all the stuff. I do admit that it's a tight fit with the hose, the 90 degree bend and the whatever they call it to get it off the ground and later on I'll add a small sandbag to keep the bend of the hose IN the sewer drain, but that's next year. A long time ago we had somebody stealing parts off cars at work. He got caught and punished. Still had parts coming up missing though, like doors, tail lights though.
I never leave the sewer hose open in the drain while I camp. The fluids keep running off and allows the solids to builds up on the bottom of the tank. I keep it closed with chemicals to break down everything until I need to empty. My new (to me) RV has a connection for a hose to clean the black tank, but who wants to spend a lot of time doing that. But, if it works for you . . . just wanted to mention.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:21 PM   #57

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAPonygirl View Post
I never leave the sewer hose open in the drain while I camp. The fluids keep running off and allows the solids to builds up on the bottom of the tank. I keep it closed with chemicals to break down everything until I need to empty. My new (to me) RV has a connection for a hose to clean the black tank, but who wants to spend a lot of time doing that. But, if it works for you . . . just wanted to mention.
Ahh, you misunderstood me. The 2 into 1 nozzle is initially pointed 'out'. At the campground, it is be pointed down, then the lid taken off, the floor disc taken off, attached to the slinky, which is attached to the sewer drain, then the black handle first opened, then the gray line. The only 'thing' I am doing is to leave the 2 in 1 connector pointed down and with everything else there, it's a tight fit. The cap is still on, the floor disc is screwed on and the handles are not opened until I connect the slinky and I attach it to the sewer drain.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:49 AM   #58

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130

Doglovers....I think you meant this in the reverse order...Stick the grenade inside the sewer hose and tie the pin to the MH...otherwise...they have your hose and you blow up when they run!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #59

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post

Doglovers....I think you meant this in the reverse order...Stick the grenade inside the sewer hose and tie the pin to the MH...otherwise...they have your hose and you blow up when they run!
Good point!
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote