Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2018, 12:38 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Iowa
THOR #12078
Bag under sink and kit drain

The insulation bag seems to be way too big and has detached the sink drain at the base floor. It won't let the drain move as the slide goes out. Any ez fix or should I take it a dealer and let them fix it. I got to believe that there is a better way to insulate and protect all the lines

Old 11-03-2018, 12:48 AM   #2

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
I had to reattach the compression fitting in our Windsport. I don't understand how the bag would keep the slide from extending?? I had to remove the bottom of the kitchen cabinet to access it. If you can get to it and see everything there, you should be able to put everything in it's place. If not, time to schedule a service appointment... Bob Trice
Old 11-03-2018, 01:02 AM   #3

THOR #12078
We took out the floor, the sink drain uses a flexible hose, then conects to solid pvc. The solid line moves back and forth as the slide moves. Thats where the bag is causing the problem
Old 11-03-2018, 12:50 PM   #4

THOR #9553
I know what your referring to lakecooper and the only thing I can think is if the drain system is installed correctly and nothing is out of alignment, you should be able to adjust the bag to work which is to keep any leaks at the fittings getting into the coach and drain out of the slide out underneath....may need to have CW or a tech you trust to look at. I'd leave it open so you don't have to pay them labor to just look at it. Good luck!!!
Old 11-03-2018, 02:49 PM   #5

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I believe the 'bag' is simply a velcroed fabric 'wrap' that you can easily detach, if you find that it is somehow restricting your flexible gray drain line ... the velcro just allows the bag to be sealed as best as possible to prevent outside air from coming into the coach.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:14 PM   #6

THOR #9553
The bag drains water below my slide out, so not sure how much it acts as a seal, but I'm sure that's another function it serves. When the water coupling separated on ours, I noticed water coming out. Can't be hard to fix but you have lots of help here so good luck!!
Old 11-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #7

THOR #12078
Sink bag

The bag is stapled to both sides of the box and is hindering the flex hose from going in and out with the slide. Its under warranty but it is very time consuming and finding a qualified tech is another story
Old 11-03-2018, 04:55 PM   #8

THOR #9553
Well I'd just do what you have to do with the bag because the flex hose must remain connected to the hard pipe...
Old 11-11-2018, 12:54 AM   #9

THOR #12078
I didn't get into the fact that the main reason the drain came apart was the fact that the sub floor was not trimmed back far enough so when the slide came all the way back in it hit the wood floor and knocked the fitting apart. I still need to arrange this bag thing so it is not piled up under the sink. Thanks all for your help.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:55 PM   #10

THOR #9553
Sounds like a warranty situation to me. Don't field engineer this coach. You may actually void the warranty on what's wrong, then it's your pocket book they'll be going for...
Old 01-15-2019, 07:35 PM   #11

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Click image for larger version

Name:	drain line connIMG_2495.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	15126
I asked the tech on one of our trips to Wakarusa about “that bag”. He got a disgusted look on his face and said something to the extent: “ you can’t put 10lbs of poop in a 5 lb bag”. On ours, moving the slide pulled all the cable connections loose. Apparently, at assembly the proper amount of stuff needs to be in the bag and proper amount, out, in order for everything to slide properly. Shown is our grey hose connection, which I thought was impressive.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:15 PM   #12

Model: Miramar 34.4
THOR #4488
All this reaffirms my initial decision...not to buy a coach with water or drain connections in the slide. Love my Miramar.

Sorry to hear of your problems with this.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:20 PM   #13

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
All this reaffirms my initial decision...not to buy a coach with water or drain connections in the slide. Love my Miramar.

Sorry to hear of your problems with this.

I thought the same thing. However, I’m only 50% of the decision making process. Maybe less[emoji12]