Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2019, 04:22 PM   #161

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
That should have been so embarrassing for the Thor rep: so much so he should have overnighted a replacement to you on the spot and installed it himself. Unfortunately it appears he was well versed in responding to this all too common failure. Just another day in the life of a Thor service rep.

These locks are not manufactured by Thor. Scott is a very experienced technician and his visit was most welcomed. He asked everyone to list anything he wanted us to address with him one-on-one and after the meeting, he visited with each owner at their motorhomes (in the blistering heat), and repaired/advised the best he could. His visit was just another indication of how Thor values their relationship with owners and their commitment to customer satisfaction. The rally was a huge success and Thor paying the expense of travel and lodging for a factory rep to join us for the day was very impressive.

Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:16 PM   #162

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Gritz,

Thanks for your response. It was far more pleasant than the one I typed and then deleted.

Some rv people would blame the cookie company for ants in their rv.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:36 PM   #163

Model: Quantum RW28
THOR #15031
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
These locks are not manufactured by Thor. Scott is a very experienced technician and his visit was most welcomed. He asked everyone to list anything he wanted us to address with him one-on-one and after the meeting, he visited with each owner at their motorhomes (in the blistering heat), and repaired/advised the best he could. His visit was just another indication of how Thor values their relationship with owners and their commitment to customer satisfaction. The rally was a huge success and Thor paying the expense of travel and lodging for a factory rep to join us for the day was very impressive.
Actually he did not make it to everyone on the list but that was Ok as many needed his help more than others.

Jeff & Zita Pierce
Old 10-08-2019, 08:42 PM   #164

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Ohio
THOR #14952
YES! We want pics! Glad it turned out nice, hoping to go next year.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:43 PM   #165
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Yeah except that Thor continued to use these locks even after the defect had been reported to them numerous times and as far as I know, has not stepped up to the plate to replace the currently installed defective ones, unlike Trimark that will send you a replacement upon request.

I build computers for businesses. I don't manufacture any of the parts in the PCs but if a PC fails due to a bad part I replace it on my time/dime and try to resolve the issue with the manufacturer later. After all, my customers don't buy the PC from the parts manufacturers; they buy them from me and what I install/deliver reflects directly on me and my business regardless of who made the parts. In fact I would never even think of using the excuse that it was "Intel's" fault or "Western Digital's" fault, etc. I take ownership of the delivered product; customers don't want to hear excuses that blame someone else.

I sell service, not products and if Thor and CW would apply that philosophy to their business model they might find themselves doing much better financially.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:46 PM   #166

THOR #11130
I'm happy for you.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:23 AM   #167

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
I'm a happy camper that TriMark made it right with me. Had the Thor rep not been right there, I would have done the same thing he did, climb through a side window and remove the latch from the inside.

Scott did a super job at the rally. There was a long list of folks that had issues they wanted to discuss, and there was no promise that he would see them all. What always happens is you start with one issue and then there are four more. He addressed a lot more issues than anyone expected. He apologized for running out of time before he had to catch his plane. Kudos to Thor for making him available to us.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:16 PM   #168

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
I'm a happy camper that TriMark made it right with me. Had the Thor rep not been right there, ...snip... Kudos to Thor for making him available to us.
Mr Sunshine, did y'all reach out to Thor to drop by? Maybe they'd like to come on by to the West Coast-So Cal Rally in Temecula, CA Nov 8,9,10.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:01 PM   #169
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
What a great group! We had 26 rigs, 53 people and a lot of fun. ... Some went shopping, some went to the beach, some drank from the fountain of youth! ...
For those of you who are jealous, start a rally near you or a meet and greet somewhere. Forum folks are some of the nicest people ever!

Delayed post... Back to that four letter word after a week off took over my time... Great time at the rally - seeing old friends and making new ones... And I think we covered all the bases of shopping, beach, and drinking from the fountain of youth!
Thanks to Mr Sunshine for organizing again - I think the destination brought out several new people that will hopefully continue to come. (I've missed only 2... Agnus (8 yr old Yorkie) has only missed 1... lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Wheres all the pics???? No pics it didn't happen
Jerry
Since first rally, the request was not to publish 'people' photos with faces... Somehow I didn't get ny pics of the group of rigs - we certainly took over that section of the campground - but attaching some pics from the week.

Quote:
Wonderful experience! Nice putting faces and personalities with names. Thanks for the kind words about the BBQ. Side benefit...it will be fun crossing paths throughout the year with many of you. When you pass through the Atlanta area, give us a shout...we can meet for a quick lunch. ...
I will add to the kind words about the BBQ... Thank you for doing that!! Was excellent - and set the bar for next time!
My normal passing through Atlanta is changing planes at ATL - but if driving through, will let you know!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D19_1968.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	564.3 KB
ID:	20891   Click image for larger version

Name:	D19_1971.jpg
Size:	615.8 KB
ID:	20892  

Name:	D19_1972.jpg
Size:	477.0 KB
ID:	20893   Click image for larger version

Name:	D19_1975.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	440.5 KB
ID:	20894  

Name:	D19_1978.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	843.1 KB
ID:	20895   Click image for larger version

Name:	D19_2005.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	570.8 KB
ID:	20896  

Name:	D19_2011.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	599.0 KB
ID:	20897   Click image for larger version

Name:	D19_2022.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	408.3 KB
ID:	20898  

Name:	D19_2092.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	335.3 KB
ID:	20899   Click image for larger version

Name:	D19_2113.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	374.9 KB
ID:	20900  

2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #170
gmc

THOR #2829
And a couple more photos (10 max in a post... lol)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D19_2062.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	591.6 KB
ID:	20901   Click image for larger version

Name:	D19_2086.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	519.1 KB
ID:	20902  

Name:	D19_2106.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	866.2 KB
ID:	20903   Click image for larger version

Name:	D19_2131.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	493.6 KB
ID:	20904  

2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
Old 10-17-2019, 09:44 PM   #171

Model: Hurricane 29X
THOR #16389
Thor Rally

Our first Thor Rally with our new ,used Hurricane motorhome. It was a great experience meeting new friends, much motorhome information, and the best pulled pork and sauce. Elaine and I look forward to our next meeting. Will be sending out the recipe for Elaine's cherry chocolate cake to those who requested it shortly. Till we meet again
Old 10-18-2019, 12:55 AM   #172

THOR #11130
Gerry...you need to hurry up with that contacts list while faces and names are still in our memory.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:21 AM   #173

THOR #1589
Janet sent that out last week, I'll forward it to you. Check your listing to make sure it is correct.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:00 AM   #174

Model: 2016 Vegas 24.1
THOR #14393
Sunshine Thor 2019 Fall Rally

We also enjoyed our “2nd” rally too. Hope we can attend again ( allowed to attend again ) .... as we just purchased a new coach ( non Thor ). Hope to see you in the future.

[ATTACH]21010
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0755.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	21010  
Old 10-23-2019, 12:15 AM   #175

Model: Vegas 25.5
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyp001 View Post
We also enjoyed our “2nd” rally too. Hope we can attend again ( allowed to attend again ) .... as we just purchased a new coach ( non Thor ). Hope to see you in the future.

[ATTACH]21010
I'm shocked you didn't get that Aria you were looking at. But, I will say, Dutch Star makes a nice rig. Hope you enjoy it and we look forward to seeing it at the next rally.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:28 AM   #176

Model: Allegro Open Road
THOR #8069
I remember you and your wife sitting with us,saying that you were looking for anew coach. Looks nice I like it! The best of luck,happy travels,see you again in April?
Old 10-24-2019, 12:06 AM   #177

THOR #1589
[QUOTE=tommyp001;208247]We also enjoyed our “2nd” rally too. Hope we can attend again ( allowed to attend again ) .... as we just purchased a new coach ( non Thor ). Hope to see you in the future.]

Our rallies are for Thor forum members, so you still qualify. Stay tuned for details.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:40 PM   #178

THOR #11130
Gerry...any updates on possible dates and locations for the Spring Rally? I liked the idea of being near The villages but the lack of services at the location you threw out got a "no vote". I was searching around and found "Recreation Plantation Resort" a short distance from The Villages. The CG has tons of good stuff including a golf driving range next door. Close enough you could golf cart to The Villages from there. There's days and days of things to do in that community.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:36 AM   #179

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
Do you only hold rallies in FL?
Old 11-22-2019, 01:18 AM   #180
gmc

THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
Do you only hold rallies in FL?
They are held wherever someone volunteers to organize one... Mr Sunshine grabbed the bull by the horns in central FL - and has organized 2 a year for several years...
Half Price just organized the first one in southern California...

I'm sure either would give tips to someone willing to do the same in other areas (I'm in central FL - Mr Sunshine has this area covered.)

These are not sponsored by Thor - just the members looking to get together... Both groups so far have been able to get a regional rep from Thor to attend and talk/answer questions and look at specific issues on rigs.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)