Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2018, 12:44 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #5112
Axis engine battery?

looking in from front of MH i was trying to locate battery hold down bolts. not having any trouble with it but i want to make a door to remove it through wheel well.this is what happens when i get board in the winter. no need going thru dash if i can figure this out.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #2

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Oh please, do share with us when you figure that out.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:21 PM   #3

Model: Vegas
State: California
THOR #2485
Just had my chassis battery replaced in my 2015 Vegas 24.1. The mechanic had to jack up the front passenger side and remove the tire because the battery would not clear the space between the fender and the tire. He couldn't take the battery out the front because there were AC pipes in the way.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:26 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmshih View Post
Just had my chassis battery replaced in my 2015 Vegas 24.1. The mechanic had to jack up the front passenger side and remove the tire because the battery would not clear the space between the fender and the tire. He couldn't take the battery out the front because there were AC pipes in the way.
The "official" way to do it is to remove the "desk" in front of the passenger seat and lift the battery up out of the dash. There are even perforations below the desk to make it easy to remove.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:15 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
The "official" way to do it is to remove the "desk" in front of the passenger seat and lift the battery up out of the dash. There are even perforations below the desk to make it easy to remove.
We went in through the dash to install water fill system on the battery. It was relatively easy and from the looks replacing the battery wouldn't have been that hard

The worst part was removing the square head screws in the desk and replacing them
Old 01-25-2018, 12:16 AM   #6

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
We went in through the dash to install water fill system on the battery. It was relatively easy and from the looks replacing the battery wouldn't have been that hard

The worst part was removing the square head screws in the desk and replacing them
Someone asked the question; what is the most important tool in your M/H toolbox? I sent them this picture. Probably not the most important, but certainly used a lot. LOL!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1010.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	8712