Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2017, 08:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
Table cushion

I'm blown away, I called Thor 3 months ago and told them the center cushion that goes on top of the table has been missing since purchase.
I told them all videos show people putting the cushion on the drop down table after lowering.
They said it would take a month to receive it, and we did. It was 4.5" X5" and 44" long !
So I called again and explained that we had one of this narrow cushions now and nobody knows where it goes. I told the guy the table is 32" X 44" and the cushion needs to be that size. He put that in his comments for the new order, told me it would be about a month, and we got it today.
You guessed it, it was the same wrong cushion they sent last time !
I called again, he seen where the same item was ordered two times. He said I may have to take a picture and send it, to which I responded, " if a person can't visualize a drop down table that's lowered with no cushion on it, they're an idiot "
So now he has to get ahold of his supervisor, and he's gone. So now he says he'll call me back tomorrow.
In the mean time I asked what I'm to do with these two narrow cushions to which he replied " keep them for prosperity"....say what ???
Why am I thinking I may have to have a cushion made just to keep from going crazy ?

I guess the quality shortage isn't limited to production workers.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:38 PM   #2

Model: 2014 Windsport 34f
State: Alabama
THOR #6507
Welcome to Thor Customer Service.

You would think all you had to do would be to give them your VIN# and you would get the correct part...Guess not
Toad: (Wally One) 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (4 Down)
"Welcome to our front porch"
rickymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:11 PM   #3

THOR #6874
Called again and they said I had to remove the back cushions and lay them down and use that narrow cushion to fill the gap. I told him the Velcro will tear the backing and staples out.
So he's sending me an air mattress that will fit the whole bed.
Watch them send me one you use in a pool.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:46 PM   #4

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick kirby View Post
Called again and they said I had to remove the back cushions and lay them down and use that narrow cushion to fill the gap. I told him the Velcro will tear the backing and staples out.
So he's sending me an air mattress that will fit the whole bed.
Watch them send me one you use in a pool.
You would think yours was the only Challenger ever made with that size table, needing that size cushion! These folks never cease to amaze me!!
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:51 PM   #5

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick kirby View Post
I'm blown away, I called Thor 3 months ago and told them the center cushion that goes on top of the table has been missing since purchase.
I told them all videos show people putting the cushion on the drop down table after lowering.
They said it would take a month to receive it, and we did. It was 4.5" X5" and 44" long !
So I called again and explained that we had one of this narrow cushions now and nobody knows where it goes. I told the guy the table is 32" X 44" and the cushion needs to be that size. He put that in his comments for the new order, told me it would be about a month, and we got it today.
You guessed it, it was the same wrong cushion they sent last time !
I called again, he seen where the same item was ordered two times. He said I may have to take a picture and send it, to which I responded, " if a person can't visualize a drop down table that's lowered with no cushion on it, they're an idiot "
So now he has to get ahold of his supervisor, and he's gone. So now he says he'll call me back tomorrow.
In the mean time I asked what I'm to do with these two narrow cushions to which he replied " keep them for prosperity"....say what ???
Why am I thinking I may have to have a cushion made just to keep from going crazy ?

I guess the quality shortage isn't limited to production workers.
So, now you have three of them. Since each is 5" wide, they only need to send you three more of them and the resultant gap will only be 2" wide if my math (pre-Common Core) is correct. Just leave a little space between them and I guess Thor has solved your problem.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:12 PM   #6

THOR #6874
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
So, now you have three of them. Since each is 5" wide, they only need to send you three more of them and the resultant gap will only be 2" wide if my math (pre-Common Core) is correct. Just leave a little space between them and I guess Thor has solved your problem.

He said that !!!!