Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2019, 11:31 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: Arizona
THOR #14425
Send a message via Skype™ to JimSpy
My jaw hit the floor several times reading this thread.

For one thing, how does a company stay in business selling a product that nearly destroys the very thing it is advertised to clean? If as you say, you read the directions fully, then all I can say is....wtf?

Then my jaw hit the floor again when you described the quality of the customer service rep, and her willingness to dip into the cash register to make it right. If this happens as often as the detailer said, this company is headed for bankruptcy just paying for their mistakes.

But my very next thought is, DID YOU GET IT IN WRITING? As the second detailer told you,
Quote:
when the time comes for the manufacturer of a product that has ruined a finish, most of them refuse to pay, saying that the exact method either during the application or removal wasn't followed.
This is the part that scares me the most. Would it be possible for you to go back to the manufacturer and get a written guarantee of payment if the detailer fixes the problem to your satisfaction, no matter the procedure used? Can you tell I'm the son of a lawyer? You may need to hire one at some point.

I hope all comes out well for you. If it happened to me, I'd be on fire. Best of luck.

Thor Gemini 23TR
RVing since 2018
JimSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:10 AM   #42

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
USe Dawn dish washing liquid. No spots, really clean. great for roof as well
Just don't use it between wax applications. Strips the wax right off of there! Back when I was a kid, I had the brilliant idea of using powdered dishwasher soap. My thought was "It doesn't foam, so it won't water spot"! Yuppers... stripped the wax right off of there!!
Old 10-08-2019, 12:54 AM   #43

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I have used Blue Coral Wash n Wax on my motorhomes for the past 20 years. It keeps them clean and shiney and I have never had to hand wax.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:03 AM   #44
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by lal22 View Post
Update: "Spray & Forget RV & Camper Cleaner"
I wont feel right until it looks beautiful again.[emoji37][emoji24]

I think...in one of your posts you said you purchased the product from WalMart. ? Do you think you have any recourse through WalMart. They shouldn't even have that stuff on their shelves !!! Seriously !!!!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:25 AM   #45

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I have used Blue Coral Wash n Wax on my motorhomes for the past 20 years. It keeps them clean and shiney and I have never had to hand wax.
Blue Coral Wash n Wax is exactly what I use in my pressure washer for my cars, motorcycle and boat. However, I do wax my cars twice a year with Meguiars. I wax by hand in the fall and then again in the spring. I never wax in a hurry, and always try to make it a fun thing. i.e. when my daughter is home, I don't miss an opp to wash her car some morning; like clockwork she will get up out of bed with some sense obligation to help My wife does the same thing. I won't allow my son to park his car in my driveway if I don't feel a smooth fresh coat on wax on it. Ain't I a stinker
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:10 PM   #46

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
I think...in one of your posts you said you purchased the product from WalMart. ? Do you think you have any recourse through WalMart. They shouldn't even have that stuff on their shelves !!! Seriously !!!!
I believe this is getting a tad carried away. The retailer is not responsible for producing, testing, advertising and promoting, applying or guaranteeing the products they sell. Just because they have 'deeper pockets' it does not mean they are responsible for loss incurred during the use of a product they carry for resale. If directions were followed per the instructions on the packaging (NOT Walmarts instructions or packaging!), then the manufacturer is directly responsible for negative or damaging results. It is not the responsibility of Walmart to lab-test each and every product they sell. Our litigious society needs to keep liability and blame where it is warranted... Not where the pay out may net higher results.
A person once attempted to sue me, as the person who plowed snow in a parking lot, that he fell in during the summer! His lawyer figured my pockets to be deeper than the landlords. Of course he lost, but I've been anti-lawsuit ever since.
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:01 PM   #47
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
I believe this is getting a tad carried away.
I stand corrected ! You are correct.....
simply stated..
If I sold a product which had potential ramifications as stated by this Forum member.... presuming she followed the directions to a "T" … I would want to know.
nuff said...

take care !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:35 PM   #48

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Ohio
THOR #14952
UPDATE on product (Spray & Forget RV and Camper Cleaner): WM Barr Co., in TN, bought out Spray & Forget; Wet & Forget product line in around March 2019. I have looked everywhere on the web and I found the entire line of products for sell but I CAN NOT find the one I specifically bought (Spray & Forget RV and Camper Cleaner). They have everything else listed for decks, siding, concrete, roofs, etc., but not that specific one. I think the product has been pulled off the shelves and is no longer for sale. I bought my bottle in June 2019.

More updates to come.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:44 PM   #49

Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Like everyone else, I was shocked when I read this and saw the pictures of your beautiful motor home. I can't make any sense of this. What company puts out a product that has the potential of doing so much damage?

And the manner in which the customer service department caved so quickly, offering to spend hundreds of dollars to remedy the problem. Something stinks. They know what it is but they don't want to make it public.

This company makes products that work on all kinds of services, like concrete, etc. I wonder what the chances are that the wrong product got into the wrong container, and you coated your coach with something meant for a concrete driveway?
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:03 PM   #50

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
UPDATE on product (Spray & Forget RV and Camper Cleaner): WM Barr Co., in TN, bought out Spray & Forget; Wet & Forget product line in around March 2019. I have looked everywhere on the web and I found the entire line of products for sell but I CAN NOT find the one I specifically bought (Spray & Forget RV and Camper Cleaner). They have everything else listed for decks, siding, concrete, roofs, etc., but not that specific one. I think the product has been pulled off the shelves and is no longer for sale. I bought my bottle in June 2019.

More updates to come.
This explains why I could not find. That stuff was concentrated and likely not meant to have been applied at the flow rate from normal garden hose, or it is really was for decks, siding, concrete, roofs? You should keep that container whatever is left, you may need it analyzed to know exactly what is is in to prove your case if necessary if they don't pay in full.

Glad they pulled it from shelves and it is indicator they will take care of you when the time comes.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:36 PM   #51

THOR #14425
Quote:

More updates to come.
Can you shoot a pic of the product container? And maybe one of the UPC, or at least the number? I can look it up for you.
Thor Gemini 23TR
RVing since 2018
Old 10-08-2019, 11:40 PM   #52

Model: 34J
State: South Carolina
THOR #13131
lal22 I have a 2015 Hurricane 34 ft that I have to wax every year. Compound and wax. I spent several hours using a Meguiars paste only to find out the type I was using did not have any uv inhibitors. I called their help line and I was told to use the marine wax and to take the other off first. I asked how to do that. He told me to use blue Dawn dishwashing liquid. Might try this to see if it helps. I wouldn't try any chemicals, alcohol ect. I don't know if they will harm your gel coat. good luck
Old 10-08-2019, 11:40 PM   #53

THOR #14952
See my post #37 for pics of the product
Old 10-09-2019, 02:18 AM   #54

THOR #14425
Quote:
See my post #37 for pics of the product
My apologies; I missed a bunch of messages. But, I can't quite read the UPC number below the barcode; can you provide it? Or just go here and punch it in:

https://www.barcodelookup.com/

That will help with a Google search on the product, for any more info you need.

Best of luck.
Thor Gemini 23TR
RVing since 2018
Old 10-09-2019, 11:47 AM   #55
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSpy View Post
My apologies; I missed a bunch of messages. But, I can't quite read the UPC number below the barcode; can you provide it? Or just go here and punch it in:

https://www.barcodelookup.com/

That will help with a Google search on the product, for any more info you need.

Best of luck.
Clicking on the picture zooms in on it:

Doesn't look like it's in their database.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:41 PM   #56

Model: Serrano
State: Florida
THOR #8144
I have been following this thread since Post # 1 and I have come to a few conclusions. First is that we have a lot of members who will post even if they don't have any value-added info, probably because they just like to post something! Second, apparently many readers do not go through the posts to see what has already been posted, so there a quite a few posts that refer to previous posts, as well as, repeat ideas/instructions (or maybe we could refer to these posts as confirmations). Third, we have a difficult time staying on the problem. This may just be a product of the average age of our members... which also may account for the previous observations! Fourth, even with all of our little quirks, sidetracking, repetitiveness and temporary losses of memory, it is rare that we don't touch upon the best solution sometime during our discussions. So that just leaves it up to the OP to figure out which sounds like the best course of action. With that rant completed, I want to say that I truly hope that you find an uncomplicated, cost effective and timely solution with a happy ending that will return that same smile that you had just before you started to apply the product to your MH!
Old 10-09-2019, 03:53 PM   #57
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Threads are nothing more than discussions among folks who have found something that they want (or need) to talk about.
They are about the most "organic" thing possible, and can go in what seems like an infinite number of directions...
(Think of it like herding cats through a swamp during a blizzard... at midnight! )
But as long as the O.P.'s issues are addressed:
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:00 PM   #58

THOR #14952
In this case, isn't even really about the OP (me) because it is too late. So really my post was to get word out and prevent other people from going thru what I did. Inevitably I glean some information from all the suggestions....... that is a perk and appreciated. Take some and leave the rest.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:43 PM   #59

THOR #14425
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Clicking on the picture zooms in on it:

Doesn't look like it's in their database.
I know, but my zoomer isn't real good, and neither are my eyes.

But I did finally get it, and you're right, not listed. That in itself is strange.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:22 AM   #60

THOR #14952
UPDATE: This is an update I am very happy to report! The detailer contacted me late Sunday via email and asked if I still wanted him to come on Monday.........huh? what? This was the guy I thought dropped off the face of the earth, NOT the guy I paid $200 deposit on Friday for an appt scheduled for 11/1. omg. I told him to come on out and see what he could do. He showed up as promised, removed ALL of the Spray & Forget RV and Camper Cleaner (which is no longer for sale) from the paint on our ACE. When he arrived he stood and looked at my ACE and just kept saying OMG. Said in his 20 years detailing he has never seen anything like it. I was the 4th person he was hired to remove this product but he said the other ones were smaller campers and the product was not on as heavily. He tried his best but he could NOT get the Spray & Forget off of the windows and any of the black vinyl, plastic or rubber gaskets. He said that anything more would be considered restoration. He stated that I might be able to remove it from the windows by using 0000 or 000 steel wool. He could not try it due to liablity. He also said I might be able to restore hazy white looking trim, plastic, etc., back with a product called "303". So I went out and tried 000 steel wool on the "pet" view window and the Spray & Forget came off!!!!!! YEA!!! That is the only window I can reach without standing on a 10 ft step ladder, which I nor my husband can do. So I need to hire someone to steel wool the other 9 windows and appy the "303", which worked pretty good. The detailer stated that IF my ACE had gelcoat finish and a rubber roof the outcome would have been a totally different. It would have been totalled by our insurance company. Ugh. He said that the Spray and Forget would have penetrated a gel coat and no one would have been able to sand it down and you cant paint fiberglass. He said it would have ruined a rubber roof. It sounds as though I dodged a couple of big bullets and I feel very grateful. I sent an email to my contact at WM Barr Co, with pics of the detailed ACE, the paid invoice and requested reimbursement. I also asked that they pay for a person to steel wool all of my windows, apply the "303" to the trim/gaskets around all of the windows. I am hoping and praying that they reimburse me for the detailers bill for $504. I am VERY GRATEFUL to all of you that took the time to read, reply, wish me luck, it was encouraging and I appreciate it. You are a very knowledgeable and caring bunch, maybe sometime we will be able to meet up on our journeys. At any rate, my DH is way beyond all that has happened and after some deep discussion have decided to put it up for sale. So, if you know anyone that would like a really nice 2013 ACE 30.1 with 36,000 miles & brand new tires, let me know! We never even took it on the road since the purchase in May 2019! (it is very clean also! lol) Oh! guess we could sell the toad that we bought also, 2016 Ford Fiesta hatchback. I will list her for sale in the THOR ads after I take some pics of the inside. Below are the pics of the ACE all cleaned up, thanks again for the support. Isnt she a beauty?Click image for larger version

Name:	Lassel%20RV%20after%20detailing%20rear%20to%20front%20pass%20side%2010.9.19.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	20742Click image for larger version

Name:	Lassel%20RV%20after%20detailing%20rear%2010.9.19.jpeg
Views:	157
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	20743Click image for larger version

Name:	Lassel%20RV%20after%20detailing%20rear%20to%20front%20driver%20side%2010.9.19.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	20744