Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-02-2019, 07:55 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: New York
THOR #13622
Thor 19g

Can anyone tell me what they know about this model please? I just looked at a 2012 one for sale and wanted to get some info on it.

Thanks
Tom

Old 03-02-2019, 08:48 PM   #2

State: Texas
THOR #2121
What do you want to know?

Most I've seen were rental units for Cruise America, and had lots of miles on them. I like them a lot for one or two people. They are about 20-ft long built on single-rear-wheel Ford E-350 cutaway and normally powered by 5.4L V8. Advertised fuel economy was an excellent 12 MPG. Gas tank is smaller than most Ford Class Cs.

The footprint isn't that different than my Ford camper van except that it's 90" instead of 80" wide. I've only seen one floorplan, and it has a dinette behind driver that sleeps one, and the other person must sleep in bed over the cab.

Bathroom is wet design, but much more spacious than most anything you'd find in a van camper of any size. For a small unit the kitchen has lots of counter space, much more than many larger rigs.

I like it a lot for touring, except I can't park it at home due to HOA. And if I have to park offsite anyway, I'd prefer a little larger unit with a dry bath. Other than that, my wife and I both like it and would have replaced our van with it.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:12 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
That sounds like a cute little rig.
Can you post a picture of one?
Old 03-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #4

THOR #2121
The Cruise America version is called Majestic rather than Four Winds, and has minor differences. CA units don't seem to ever have an awning, and entry door doesn't have a window.

On later models the aerodynamic cap was replaced by boxy standard Class C overhead.
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2019, 09:37 PM   #5

THOR #2121
The Cruise America model even comes with spare tire off back wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	15924  
Old 03-02-2019, 09:39 PM   #6

THOR #2121
Interior is more spacious than it appears on this photo.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	15925  
Old 03-02-2019, 09:54 PM   #7

THOR #13622
Thanks for detailed reply. I found a 2102 with about 13000 miles. It honestly does not look like much care was put into it though. The batteries were dead and the side door was iced up and frozen. It would not even open. The generator would not start either.The size does appeal to me because it is just myself and my lab pup but the lack of a real shower and a real bed does not appeal to me much on the other hand. Not sure if the size is enough reason to choose it. I am puzzled though because of the size why was it stopped being produced. Not enough demand or other issues? Thanks for the detailed reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
What do you want to know?

Most I've seen were rental units for Cruise America, and had lots of miles on them. I like them a lot for one or two people. They are about 20-ft long built on single-rear-wheel Ford E-350 cutaway and normally powered by 5.4L V8. Advertised fuel economy was an excellent 12 MPG. Gas tank is smaller than most Ford Class Cs.

The footprint isn't that different than my Ford camper van except that it's 90" instead of 80" wide. I've only seen one floorplan, and it has a dinette behind driver that sleeps one, and the other person must sleep in bed over the cab.

Bathroom is wet design, but much more spacious than most anything you'd find in a van camper of any size. For a small unit the kitchen has lots of counter space, much more than many larger rigs.

I like it a lot for touring, except I can't park it at home due to HOA. And if I have to park offsite anyway, I'd prefer a little larger unit with a dry bath. Other than that, my wife and I both like it and would have replaced our van with it.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:03 PM   #8

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2A View Post
Thanks for detailed reply. I found a 2102 with about 13000 miles. It honestly does not look like much care was put into it though. The batteries were dead and the side door was iced up and frozen. It would not even open. The generator would not start either.The size does appeal to me because it is just myself and my lab pup but the lack of a real shower and a real bed does not appeal to me much on the other hand. Not sure if the size is enough reason to choose it. I am puzzled though because of the size why was it stopped being produced. Not enough demand or other issues? Thanks for the detailed reply.

I saw these at a recent RV show. The dealer had purchased several to use as rentals but was also selling them new for under $50,000. They were cute and functional but did not seem to be very well made. Price and simplicity were its strong points.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:06 PM   #9

THOR #2121
I've seen them on the road as Chateau and Four Winds also, but most are Majestic for Cruise America rentals.

Below is the floorplan. The Chateau and FW had a swivel chair while CA had a one-person bench, which while not as comfortable, made aisle seem much wider.

I think CA still rents this size, so they may still be in production -- although nicer aero front cap appears to have been eliminated.

For just the two of us, I can get most of the same function built on a 21-foot extended van which I could park at home, and also a bit more stealth when boondocking at rest areas, family homes, etc.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	599
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	15929  
Old 03-02-2019, 10:07 PM   #10

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I saw these at a recent RV show. The dealer had purchased several to use as rentals but was also selling them new for under $50,000. They were cute and functional but did not seem to be very well made. Price and simplicity were its strong points.

Recall dealer name?
Old 03-02-2019, 11:37 PM   #11
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Chance...
Thanks for the info!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:21 AM   #12

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Recall dealer name?

I don’t, I’m sorry. But it was at the Indianapolis RV show in January of this year and there was a disappointing number of dealers represented. It was not CW though. And as I think about it I’m thinking it wasn’t a Thor though it was very like this floor plan and no slides. Wish I could help. It looked like a nice option for someone who wants a small and simple coach.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:20 PM   #13
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
There's one for sale out in California, that has "about" 85,000 miles on it...
(RV Trader...)
I think that it was priced at about $35,000
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote