Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2018, 12:07 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
It shouodn't require this much trouble in making a crap a process in getting things to work....it should just do it....buttttt (lol) that's not the case in some of these units. So far, we've been successful with things as I explained them. I've heard of more people putting the used paper in a sandwich bag and tossing them in the garbage. Haven't tried that and would rather not. Hope the flushing often and allowing the paper to break up work for you....good luck

Old 06-18-2018, 12:35 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'm hoping that all of your problems are behind you now!

()
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:28 PM   #23

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
I wouldn't put up with having to engineer a poop experience. It should work as designed without having to multi-task with crap or making snack bags with soiled paper...disgusting. My 1/2 bath is on curbside and black is across coach on driver side. We always fill bowl half full before "expelling" then immediately flush, wiping and flushing again. Haven't had this issue at all. I will look at plumbing and see how it's routed and post back. People also need to understand it doesn't take half a roll of paper for one crap, or if they need to wipe 5 times...then flush between each wipe.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:14 AM   #24

THOR #9033
That should wipe the slate clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I'm hoping that all of your problems are behind you now!

()
Old 06-19-2018, 12:18 AM   #25

THOR #9033
You can find some very inventive ways this problem was solved by others with a google. One guy sent me some ingenious plans to actually put a "blaster" in the line that operates with the flush. Looked pretty complicated but with me doing it, would probably end up with the black tank emptying in the middle of the road. It is a process and having many things work with RVs, as with computers which I'm more familiar with is more of an art and not so much a science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
I wouldn't put up with having to engineer a poop experience. It should work as designed without having to multi-task with crap or making snack bags with soiled paper...disgusting. My 1/2 bath is on curbside and black is across coach on driver side. We always fill bowl half full before "expelling" then immediately flush, wiping and flushing again. Haven't had this issue at all. I will look at plumbing and see how it's routed and post back. People also need to understand it doesn't take half a roll of paper for one crap, or if they need to wipe 5 times...then flush between each wipe.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:22 AM   #26

State: New York
THOR #20227
Drain the black then plunger

My Thor Ace 30.2 also gets backed up when a family member "drops the kids at the pool" or uses a few extra squares of paper.

The easy fix I've found that works best:
1. Drain the black tank and leave the valve OPEN
2. Turn off the water or water pump
3. Hold down foot petal flush on toilet and plunger the toilet slowly - getting a good suction and pulling up then releasing - you should see the clog slowly start to go down
4. Repeat until the clog all washes down - then turn on the pump and rinse the bowl
5. Yell at the likely culprit (optional) (may also be used as step 1)
6. Close the black tank valve

I have also had to use a stick before down the toilet if the paper is really clogged. But that's extra super gross.

Happy camping!
Old 08-25-2020, 11:34 AM   #27

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbum18 View Post
I'm not saying it is or isn't a Thor problem....I'm not looking so much to place blame as I am to have the problem of the clog solved.....ACE or no ACE.
You MUST start with 1/3 water in the bowl just like at home. If it burps back at you it's time to dump. Always keep the curb side gate valve closed unless dumping.