Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2017, 11:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane
State: Texas
THOR #5244
Thor Hurricane 2017

Had this coach for 4 months ( new to RV'ing ) and now have accumulated several things that need fixing. I'm finding out it's not like a car ... 2 or 3 days for major stuff. Bought it in Alvardo Tx. near Fort Worth (250 miles)Called .. told me earliest end of march and possibly 3 to 4 weeks to complete work !!!!!!!! I live in Houston. Found a Thor dealership in Conroe Tx. 30 miles from Houston. Demontron Buick/Thor .. went to the RV show in Houston last night and talked to Demontron Thor rep I told him I had an appoint this coming Wednesday and how is his service department ... wait for it ... He said " Not very good" .. Uh Oh .. does anyone know of a good place to that the coach to get it fixed before I die of old age .... need help

Old 02-19-2017, 01:05 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie 2437 View Post
Had this coach for 4 months ( new to RV'ing ) and now have accumulated several things that need fixing. I'm finding out it's not like a car ... 2 or 3 days for major stuff. Bought it in Alvardo Tx. near Fort Worth (250 miles)Called .. told me earliest end of march and possibly 3 to 4 weeks to complete work !!!!!!!! I live in Houston. Found a Thor dealership in Conroe Tx. 30 miles from Houston. Demontron Buick/Thor .. went to the RV show in Houston last night and talked to Demontron Thor rep I told him I had an appoint this coming Wednesday and how is his service department ... wait for it ... He said " Not very good" .. Uh Oh .. does anyone know of a good place to that the coach to get it fixed before I die of old age .... need help
Sorry, but it sounds the same with most of the RV dealership issues when it comes to warranty work. Patience.... I took ours in, had everything documented and then waited for the dealer to call me when the work was "authorized", parts were ordered and arrived and THEN set up for the work to be done. It is not like your auto dealer and doesn't look like it will be changing soon.