Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 04:31 AM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
Maybe Thor should lead the way in the RV industry by including a basic mech/elect tool kit and hardware kit with the purchase of any motorhome. Maybe then, those new to RV purchasing will get the hint, "hey, these things must require a bit of maintenance". For an extra fee, we could get the upgraded kit that comes with stainless steel hardware. That's one of the first things I did, replaced everything I could with stainless. Planned on it prior to purchase.
That’s actually a really good idea. I work in retail banking and for years we always had first time home buyers classes for people. There should be a first time Rvers class

Old 08-27-2019, 11:44 AM   #82
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Will there be any testing?

Seriously: this idea does sound pretty darn great!
Old 08-27-2019, 01:16 PM   #83
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
That’s actually a really good idea. I work in retail banking and for years we always had first time home buyers classes for people. There should be a first time Rvers class
When I bought my Class C ago the dealer I used held an owners class (6 hours) once a month. They covered all of the basic maintenance topics in a generic format. They also talked about sanitation and winterization of the fresh water system. Owners were provided with a packet of generic info and list of cleaning and maintenance tips. Being experienced I went to get the free lunch and was amazed at what they covered and the people I knew that were becoming first time RV'ers. That dealer held those orientations until they were bought by Camping World.

When we bought the Challenger at a different dealer they did not offer anything close. They did a decent (not great, but decent) prep and after the PDI you were on your own. They are also a Camping World today.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
Old 08-31-2019, 04:29 PM   #84

Model: Axis 25.6
State: North Carolina
THOR #16478
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
This says it all read questions you need to answer before joining
OMG! I thought, "Oh, a FB Forum for new Thor owners, but then I got to your post and said, "I'll skip this one."

Thank you for posting that image!

Grace
Old 09-01-2019, 02:06 PM   #85

State: Arkansas
THOR #16255
There's no Facebook page titled Newmar, Tiffin or Entegra complaints. Thor seriously needs to get its act together, line many other manufactures because people will remember and when times get lean the quality will survive and the junk will go away. Millennials and some of us Gen Xs are not going to fall for their tricks. The internet reveals all faults. The more you try and hide the worse you look.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:44 PM   #86

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
There's no Facebook page titled Newmar, Tiffin or Entegra complaints. Thor seriously needs to get its act together, line many other manufactures because people will remember and when times get lean the quality will survive and the junk will go away. Millennials and some of us Gen Xs are not going to fall for their tricks. The internet reveals all faults. The more you try and hide the worse you look.
You're far out of line.
A grip on the reality of a Holiday Inn versus Hilton hotel room seems beyond your grasp.

I'm sorry you looked at affordable and expected the Taj mahal.

I could find no graceful to counter you lack of grace.
It seems you don't own a Thor. Why are you here if you don't?

There's a balanced view... And there's vendetta.
I'll suggest a different forum, any different forum, for you.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #87

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Newmar, Tiffin and Entegra are higher end coaches. Most likely not owned by millennials or genx who think they are entitled to everything without working for it

These owners have their problems with their mh but as adults they either fix it themselves or have a dealer fix it no whining or crying
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
Old 09-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #88

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Ever heard of Camp Newmar? There seems to the 50 or so full hookups in front of the repair facility for owners waiting to have their coaches repaired or being repaired. Entergra only has 28 spaces but they only finish two new coaches a day. Why to you suppose the coaches are there rather at the selling dealer?

Thor makes 40% of all motor coaches built (2018 figures) so it would could assume the have 40% of the problem coaches.

Please remember every Thor Dealer filled out a delivery checklist on the coaches noting the problems on/in the coach. Thor pays the dealer to correct all the noted problems. Most dealers don't want to show you a copy of the checklist because it shows what the dealer paid for the coach. Again if you did not take a test drive with the salesman on board and did not spend one or two nights in the dealers delivery barn prior to leaving the dealers lot - why didn't you? National Indoor RV or MHSRV have such a service as do many other Thor Dealers; so why didn't you buy from them?
Old 09-01-2019, 05:00 PM   #89

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Ever heard of Camp Newmar? There seems to the 50 or so full hookups in front of the repair facility for owners waiting to have their coaches repaired or being repaired. Entergra only has 28 spaces but they only finish two new coaches a day. Why to you suppose the coaches are there rather at the selling dealer?

Thor makes 40% of all motor coaches built (2018 figures) so it would could assume the have 40% of the problem coaches.

Please remember every Thor Dealer filled out a delivery checklist on the coaches noting the problems on/in the coach. Thor pays the dealer to correct all the noted problems. Most dealers don't want to show you a copy of the checklist because it shows what the dealer paid for the coach. Again if you did not take a test drive with the salesman on board and did not spend one or two nights in the dealers delivery barn prior to leaving the dealers lot - why didn't you? National Indoor RV or MHSRV have such a service as do many other Thor Dealers; so why didn't you buy from them?
You're correct but
You're forcing logic onto someone who's only point in the argument is:
'I am weak and uneducatable, wholly unprepared and refuse to take responsibility for the delivery form I signed, the research I didn't do, and my inability to afford a better coach and I'm going to shout these personal failures so you'll think better of me'
Old 09-01-2019, 06:21 PM   #90
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
You're correct but
You're forcing logic onto someone who's only point in the argument is:
'I am weak and uneducatable, wholly unprepared and refuse to take responsibility for the delivery form I signed, the research I didn't do, and my inability to afford a better coach and I'm going to shout these personal failures so you'll think better of me'
I think that it can be called: "The Victim's Syndrome".
Old 09-01-2019, 06:24 PM   #91
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
There's no Facebook page titled Newmar, Tiffin or Entegra complaints. Thor seriously needs to get its act together...
EVERY coach manufacturer has trouble with QC issues. You hear more about the ones from Thor because they sell so many more units.
Check out a Tiffin forum; if you think that I'm lying...

I've been very lucky: my Tiffin has been superb! But it also could have been much less so...
Old 09-01-2019, 06:54 PM   #92
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
That facebook group is a joke... You need to promise not to say you love your Thor to be able to join. Obviously people not interested in fixing things - just looking to complain. Makes me so glad not to even have a facebook account... More to life than that.
"The internet reveals all faults" - facebook is a big one... lol

And as was pointed out to Alan in another thread - Entegra *IS* a Thor brand... acquired with Jayco.

Does Thor have issues - of course... Does every other brand? absolutely...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
Old 09-01-2019, 07:17 PM   #93
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
My favorite observation about FaceBook?

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1567365438
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	54296-Being-Popular-On-Facebook.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	20003  
Old 09-01-2019, 07:20 PM   #94

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
My favorite observation about FaceBook?

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1567365438
Old 09-02-2019, 06:47 AM   #95

THOR #6433
So the reason why someone hasn’t created. FB account regarding a Tiffin or something is because unless you bought used they spent 200k or more for their coach. Now not to disparage someone for spending 60 to 100k for an RV because we are in that group as well and that’s a ton of money. But I would venture to say someone that paid 500k for a tiffin has more important things to do then create a FB hate group. If i had the coin to spend 500k on a RV then j wouldn’t be bothered by 1k here or There.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:33 AM   #96

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
I like my relatively cheap Thor Vegas. Without even considering it entry level price point, it meets our requirements and continues to perform effectively.

Should I say that on the FB group or in reply to an issue I get flamed. Should I offer any suggestion I get flamed. If I state the need to pay attention to checking unit I get flamed. Seems like more of a "cry closet" when Clinton was not elected.

On the other hand, this forum is generaly more prone to people offering usable suggestions. People here tend to be the type to get through isdues istead of sitting whining and feeling sorry for themselves. This forum has offered corrections, modifications and insights along with a positive get it done mentality.

The difference between the 2 groups loosely mirrors current society.

As I post this, I am waiting on storm to turn. If it stays west, we will head to Alabama with RV and racecar. The racecar interior will be used for storage of important items since we have a mobile home here. Our south house is clear of storm.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:16 PM   #97

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
WELL said Muggs, I'll stay here and offer help whenever I can,and ask for help when needed
Old 09-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #98
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
So the reason why someone hasn’t created. FB account regarding a Tiffin or something is because unless you bought used they spent 200k or more for their coach. Now not to disparage someone for spending 60 to 100k for an RV because we are in that group as well and that’s a ton of money. But I would venture to say someone that paid 500k for a tiffin has more important things to do then create a FB hate group. If i had the coin to spend 500k on a RV then j wouldn’t be bothered by 1k here or There.
Spending lots of money is no guarantee of limitless "Beer & Skittles"...
I've seen posts about one of their big Class A rigs (It might have been the Bus...), that was so completely compromised by a problematic chassis; that they had to take it back, and build a new one for the customer...
Old 09-02-2019, 02:21 PM   #99

Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Very true. I've driven Mercedes Bendz cars for the last 25 years, always loved the quality. The last one was a ML350 Bluetec 4-Matic. Absolutely the worst POS I've ever bought.

Every company has their issues, it's the law of averages. It's how the company handles those issues (and their customers) that matters.
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Old 09-02-2019, 04:07 PM   #100

THOR #6433
Quote:
I've seen posts about one of their big Class A rigs (It might have been the Bus...), that was so completely compromised by a problematic chassis; that they had to take it back, and build a new one for the customer...
Haha oh man ruined my dream of beer and skittles. Oh you are right I don’t think just because you paid more you get better quality. You just have more expensive things when they fail. I just don’t see the point of the FB page. If you can’t offer answers or help what’s the point.