Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2014, 10:15 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
IMO, the thing that makes most groups useful are the people who visit there frequently who have experience. Other than that, next comes resources related to doing the things that members have in common. Maybe third is some connection or monitoring (bad word but I mean it in a positive way) by people from the business/company so that they can (1) react to posts and (2) be helpful.
John
Athens, GA

Old 10-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #22

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
don't we, at least in theory, have most all of that here already?
Old 10-27-2014, 10:17 AM   #23

Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Yes, I think so. The idea of having the company participate or monitor is a mixed blessing, IMO. An interest group has to be more than a forum for complaints (although it should definitely allow for and support complaints) or become a place where company representatives apologize for misunderstandings and problems (although I understand that companies have a right to participate and are probably well advised to "listen in" on posts and attempt to clarify misinformation and resolve problems in direct one-on-one communications).

So, I think it is important to have a robust forum, one that allows for owner-to-owner interaction; one that offers good information and resources; one that calls out problems with dealers and/or manufacturers; one that is inclusive but one that also provides for some specialization of types and interests.

That's my two cents.

John
Athens, GA
Old 11-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #24

State: North Carolina
THOR #607
Blw2.
Why should you join? Well I'll give you my reason. I started this club so we could have a family of Thor Owners who share a common interest. What do you get out of joining you an, the best answer I can give you is Friendship. I am currently doing this by myself, used my own money for small things just to attempt to get this thing rolling. We currently have 250 members signed up. I don't know his long it will take to get things going to full force. We have held one meet and greet in Myrtle Beach and another at the IRV2 Carolina Campers can out this month. Check out our Facebook page for other info. If you have ideas please provide them. Thanks
tmcoc.org
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #25

THOR #607
One further point. This club is not run by Thor, it was started by me ( a Thor owner) for this Owners'. I have asked the for short as they sort the diesel club. This will be or club.
tmcoc.org
Old 11-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #26

Model: aCE 29.2
State: California
THOR #907
Could not find Facebook page. How is it filed?
Old 11-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #27

THOR #607
Thor. Motor coach Owners' club
tmcoc.org
Old 11-06-2014, 10:38 PM   #28

Model: Citation 29TB
State: Texas
THOR #1019
Facebook requires a login to see your page. I don't have one and don't plan on having one. They want too much personal information.
Why don't you put "other information" here.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #29

THOR #607
I would like to use this forum as a platform, as soon as we can direct more members here.
tmcoc.org
Old 11-16-2014, 05:20 PM   #30

Model: ACE 27.1
State: New York
THOR #1224

I think I'm missing something. Help please. Where do we sign up?
Old 11-16-2014, 06:36 PM   #31

THOR #607
Go to tmcoc.org and click on join now. Complete the membership form.
tmcoc.org
Old 11-24-2014, 01:15 PM   #32

State: Ohio
THOR #1042
Don't understand, have joined and was given member #272 and posted a couple of times but nothing shows up. It seems that the post on club site are delayed a long time before showing up.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:10 PM   #33

THOR #607
Membership

DGantz,
We have you in the club. I don't know where you are posting and not showing up. We will be launching a new web site in the near future. We had a new member join that runs web sites and he has agreed to help set up a new site. We are new so please be patient. If you have any specific questions please email me at tmcoc@ec.rr.com

Thanks Bob
tmcoc.org
Old 11-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #34

THOR #607
Hilltop,
Did you get your membership form in? I can't tell by your screen name.

Bob
tmcoc.org
Old 01-18-2015, 01:49 PM   #35

THOR #607
FYI, the tmcoc is up to 337 members. We have a rally scheduled for the week of May 11 the at lazy days in Florida. Go to tmcoc.org for info.
tmcoc.org
Old 01-27-2015, 06:45 PM   #36

State: Florida
THOR #1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post
Go to tmcoc.org and click on join now. Complete the membership form.
I went to TMCOC.ORG and did not see a "Join Now" anything. All I saw was for sale links and ad links.

Is the URL wrong?
Old 09-17-2015, 08:56 PM   #37

Model: Challenger/37ND
State: Texas
THOR #1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar2014 View Post
I went to TMCOC.ORG and did not see a "Join Now" anything. All I saw was for sale links and ad links.

Is the URL wrong?
At first when I tried tmcoc.org I got something like "this site for sale" no such name lol. I tried www.tmcoc.org and it worked great. Stupid internet.

quote from the home page: "Membership is currently "Fee Free" so if you want to become a Owners' Club Member, now is the time!!"
2015 Thor Challenger 37ND
mikensallyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #38

Model: MIRAMAR 33.5
State: Michigan
THOR #2985
Angry Not so proud owner of a new 2015 Thor Miramar 33.5

Lots of warranty issues that hopefully Steve Reed at Thor is going to be able to resolve and number one problem is install a new Generator because my new Motor Coach has over 300 hours on it because i cannot seem to turn off the system that starts the Generator when the batteries go low, even stays on when the House batteries are turned off! So General RV who knows nothing at all about the system, disconnected it from the generator to get me through until November 2nd when I take it down to Elkhart Indiana. They are being very reluctant to replace the generator! Sorry, it has been free wheeling with no load brand new for over 300 hours and the oil is burnt in the unit! Even took a sample in case I have to send it out to a lab to prove my point!
Old 10-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #39
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I would think your problem is not with the generator but rather with the Automatic Generator Start (AGS). More than likely it is wired incorrectly.

There was a fellow Challenger owner that had an AGS problem when he took delivery of his new coach and I believe it took the dealer a couple of weeks to pinpoint to issue.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:18 PM   #40

Model: Chateau 35SK
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2366
I think it is a great idea. Also, with regards to FMCA, I think being affiliated with them is the perfect way to start. It gives some credibility and support from the parent organization. I know some RV'ers are reluctant to join another organization. However, think of it in terms of safety. I am retired PA Dept. of Corrections, and the one thing that I know for sure is that criminals look for an easy mark. If you have FMCA plates, Good Sam Member stickers, etc. you are advertising that you are an informed and most likely seasoned camper. That is not what the criminal element is looking for. They want newbies who they perceive as easy marks. Also, be careful what kind of bumper stickers you put on your unit. Something that says, 'I will give up my gun when they pry my cold dead fingers from it' tells the crook that you may have guns in the unit, thereby making it more desirable to break in when you leave. You are never going to make your unit burglar proof, but you can make your unit less desirable.

Fred