Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #41
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred g View Post
I think it is a great idea. Also, with regards to FMCA, I think being affiliated with them is the perfect way to start. It gives some credibility and support from the parent organization. I know some RV'ers are reluctant to join another organization. However, think of it in terms of safety. I am retired PA Dept. of Corrections, and the one thing that I know for sure is that criminals look for an easy mark. If you have FMCA plates, Good Sam Member stickers, etc. you are advertising that you are an informed and most likely seasoned camper. That is not what the criminal element is looking for. They want newbies who they perceive as easy marks. Also, be careful what kind of bumper stickers you put on your unit. Something that says, 'I will give up my gun when they pry my cold dead fingers from it' tells the crook that you may have guns in the unit, thereby making it more desirable to break in when you leave. You are never going to make your unit burglar proof, but you can make your unit less desirable.

Fred
Fred

Excellent points. My FMCA plates are displayed front and rear on the coach. I have also found that, when at a campground, a fellow FMCA member is more likely to strike up a conversation and advise you of suspicious activity in the area (if any).

The one thing that has always annoyed me are the idiots on some forums that proudly discuss where and how they store their firearms in an RV. As if the criminals don't monitor the forums.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:05 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #3422
I did not see the form to fill out to join
Old 01-02-2016, 11:52 PM   #43

State: Washington
THOR #2788
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post
Hello everyone: I would like to let everyone know that I have started a Thor Owners' Club. It is an all inclusive club for all Thor brand motor coaches, those under the Thor brand or any brand aquired and now a Thor. ( Damon, Mandalay, Four Winds etc). W have a web site under construction tmcoc.org and a facebook page. The Thor forums provide an excellent platform for all members to have a place to talk. I have been in contact with Thor about the tmcoc, and they are very supportive. I will be meeting with them in Elkhart when I go to the service center for warranty work. Lets get this club going and make new friends. In less than three months we have 62 members. We have diesel, gas, class A and class C owners. Come on and go to tmcoc and fill out the membership form, then come back here and lets make Thor forums our home as well as facebook. Looking forward to chatting and meeting everyone.
I thought this Thor Forum was the best, very inforative, friendly, you get all the bad and good news about RV here. For me I will just stay were I am. Thank You
Navy Retired
Old 07-27-2016, 11:54 PM   #44

THOR #4931
Locking Gas Cap

Hi Thor Owners,

My wife and I recently purchased our first Thor, 2017 ACE 30.1, and are generally satisfied so far. We have a couple of issues and are working them out. We have been RV'ing for over 30 years and have owned tag alongs, fifth-wheels and Class A and B's. We are interested in the Thor owners club and would like to get additional information. One of the reasons I decided to participate in this forum was to suggest a source for the locking gas cap for those with the V10 Ford 53 chassis. I have read that some owners were having difficulty in locating one. I can't guarantee success with every chassis and since I have not had any luck with Ford you might want to give this a try. NAPA Gas Cap 703-1723, Line BK might do the trick - it did for me. Best of Luck and looking forward to RV'ing with other Thor owners. From SW Florida, RV RON: Retired Army
Old 07-28-2016, 12:10 AM   #45

State: North Carolina
THOR #607
Tmcoc

Ron,
Go to tmcoc.org and complete a membership form.

Bob
Old 07-28-2016, 12:15 AM   #46

THOR #4931
Thank you and will do!

RV RON
Old 07-28-2016, 12:30 AM   #47

THOR #607
Irv2

Ron,
Don't know if you are a member of this sister site, IRV2. There is a section for Thor Owners. We also have an international rally each year. This year we are in Elkhart. Check it out if your not already a member.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:03 AM   #48

Model: 2017 Axis 25.2 E-450
State: Texas
THOR #4181
[QUOTE=rvbunz;5338]Blw2.

Good Day, Bob,
I spend quite a bit of time looking around the Thor Owners Club website.
First I commend you on the dedication and significant work to pull together such an endeavor to build the website and establish another sharing option. If I may suggest a few points. These are only my opinions … “worth not more than you are paying for them.”

While these are certainly challenging points … if you can address those you may have more of a chance of getting subscription members. Currently I would not purchase a subscription to this website. I have avoided Facebook and do not plan to sign up there just to see any website information.

Currently it is not clear from the website home page, or elsewhere, what is the benefit of belonging? In other words; “What do the site owners believe in?” “Why does the site believe it fulfills that need and delivers?” “How does this site do this better than any other websites existing which will continue to be free?”

Looks like the website is essentially set up as an online business venture in it’s infancy?”

Looking through the website my impressions;
- Lists of links are useful, however are easily copied off the site and shared.
- Selling apparel is really difficult.
- On the current Thor Forum resources there is a wealth of sharing all the way from quick easy answers to very in-depth guidance from technical and competent RV experts. And I can’t imagine posting my Axis thoughts or questions in 2 places.
- And it is a lot of work to pull together a UI to manage all posts and responses organized such that the resource is useful.

… Soooo … We seem to be left with essentially a website with place to find information on the rallies “Where / When the members will schedule a meet.” … does this justify a fee to join and an annual subscription? And how much? … Would I pay subscription just to know about Thor Owner’s Club meets, or could I find out easily on Google? Does the site fail without annual subscriptions and exist only in future advertising click-through revenue based on number of members?

I feel the site look and structure is kind of “90s” and without specifically the reason for existence notes above frankly comes over a little like a site designed to collect members then approach advertisers to fund based on payment for click-throughs, followed by members' fees for joining and access to members only areas.

If I may I suggest to migrate the domain and site to a Network Solutions or Godaddy level website which includes free maintenance and editing tools so that you can easily change the site 50 times a day if you wish at no cost.

So I trust the above comments which can be interpreted as very negative are at least a useful as a touchstone of one person’s reaction to the current website and response to a potential offer to subscribe.

Very Best Regards, James
TerryJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:39 PM   #49

Model: Mandalay Presidio 39e
State: Minnesota
THOR #8677
Hi Rob and Shirley Dreissig here. We bought our Thor motor home in 2009, have been full time since January 2010. Spend winters in Arizona and summers in Minnesota
Mandalay Presidio 39e
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 08-17-2017, 04:25 AM   #50

State: Arizona
THOR #8810
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstapp View Post
We bought our Four Winds Super "C" in December and have made only 2 short weekends on shakedowns. Unfortunately the rest of the time it has been in the shop having repairs done from batteries replaced to hydraulic leaks in the leveling system and many items in between. We went from a Voltage 5th wheel toyhauler to this new rig and love the concept, handling, and size. The customer service has left a lot to be desired from Camping World

I feel your pain! We had our new Freedom Elite less than two weeks and it went back in for repairs on items that we didn't catch on the day of the purchase and for a scuff of the mc body that was documented on the day of the purchase. It's now been 14 days waiting on warranty approval at Camping World and I've gotten no replies from emails sent to Thor.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:30 PM   #51

Model: Hurricane 35C
THOR #3761
Interestingly enough, FMCA has a chapter for Thor Diesel owners. I was thinking we needed one for Thor Gas Motorhomes. At the Indy rally, I saw a guy wearing a Thor badge holder and asked him where he got it. He quickly responded that he was a member of the Thor Motorcoach Chapter and then I told him that we were also Thor motorcoach owners. He then asked what model and when I told him, he dismissed me as a lesser being for not spending big bucks for a diesel and told us it was a diesel only chapter. I was taken aback at his attitude... and that only makes me more determined to make it right. (Especially as we were touring through the Thor displays at the time.)

I am pretty sure the Thor gasser owners outnumber the Thor diesel owners. I will look into what it would take to create our own chapter.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 01:25 AM   #52

Model: ACE
State: Texas
THOR #8559
I'm with you! However, everything I've heard and I'm a newbie, FMCA is nothing but a bunch of snobs!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:13 AM   #53

Model: A.C.E. 30.1
State: California
THOR #3016
I don't think the club is still around. I clicked on the link posted and it's dead.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:28 AM   #54

THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedsmom View Post
I don't think the club is still around. I clicked on the link posted and it's dead.
Which club? TMCOC?
FMCA - F457085
Old 08-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #55
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Since quoting doesn't seem to work this morning.........

"If I may I suggest to migrate the domain and site to a Network Solutions or Godaddy level website which includes free maintenance and editing tools so that you can easily change the site 50 times a day if you wish at no cost."

The domain registrar has nothing to do with the website itself. That is the function of the "Hosting" company and in most cases they just provide the space/IP address for the Web pages; it is up to the Web site creator to utilize whatever software/tools they deem necessary to create or modify the web pages.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #56

Model: Axis 25.5
THOR #4802
Me thinks a new term has been coined in this thread..."Diesel Snobs".
Old 08-19-2017, 03:13 PM   #57

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Ohio
THOR #8054
Well guys, I just visited their site at tmcoc.org and it states gas or diesel Thor owners can join.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:19 PM   #58

THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno1950 View Post
Well guys, I just visited their site at tmcoc.org and it states gas or diesel Thor owners can join.
That is correct. However, any membership for the new TMCOC in FMCA will be probably regarded as duplicate since there already exists a Thor Motor Coach Chapter (it just happens to be for diesel owners only.) I happen to be an FMCA member and had the experience that I described above at an FMCA rally. I can't say I was happy about the way we were treated nor how FMCA chapters operate sometimes.
FMCA - F457085
Old 08-24-2017, 04:28 PM   #59

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
If my wife's schedule ever allows it I would like to attend the annual rally in Indio prior to Quartzsite. Been a member for years and never attended a rally yet. Will keep your comments in mind. We had a 39 ft DP and downsides to Axis. Loved having an apartment once set but the commute is better now.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:35 PM   #60

Model: Windsport 36R
THOR #6441
We attended the Ga. 2016 FMCA Rally With a fresh outlook into buying our first MH. Ran right into snob hill. I don't think it's all Diesel related or in just one group or chapter.
I will say at the time of the meet the "Then" current President of FMCA and his wife treated us with respect and seemed genuine to help us to the seminars.
Then at a lunch break, some of the working volunteer rally members told us we were not allowed to the seminars PERIOD so we just left. Seemed like a lot of politics in a family group.
We had driven a 500 miles+ round trip and hotel and bought tickets to attend.
I'm sure theirs great folks in FMCA but they may be outnumbered.
I had planned to join FMCA but after that day we changed our minds.

To New folks looking into FMCA the membership has lots to offer, go look into their deals for ins, tires and much more.