Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2014, 12:21 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #607
Thor Motor Coach Owners Club( tmcoc)

Hello everyone: I would like to let everyone know that I have started a Thor Owners' Club. It is an all inclusive club for all Thor brand motor coaches, those under the Thor brand or any brand aquired and now a Thor. ( Damon, Mandalay, Four Winds etc). W have a web site under construction tmcoc.org and a facebook page. The Thor forums provide an excellent platform for all members to have a place to talk. I have been in contact with Thor about the tmcoc, and they are very supportive. I will be meeting with them in Elkhart when I go to the service center for warranty work. Lets get this club going and make new friends. In less than three months we have 62 members. We have diesel, gas, class A and class C owners. Come on and go to tmcoc and fill out the membership form, then come back here and lets make Thor forums our home as well as facebook. Looking forward to chatting and meeting everyone.

tmcoc.org
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:41 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Zinger ZT26BL
THOR #91
is it open to subsidiaries that are not motorhomes (ie travel trailers and 5ers such as redwood and crossroads) or just motorhomes?
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:05 AM   #3

THOR #607
tmcoc

Unfortunately, the club is for motor coaches. There have been a couple of inquiries as to towables and fifth wheels and maybe someone would like to start a club for that class of rv. The tmcoc may become a chapter of FMCA.
tmcoc.org
Old 01-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #4

State: Arizona
THOR #584
We bought our Four Winds Super "C" in December and have made only 2 short weekends on shakedowns. Unfortunately the rest of the time it has been in the shop having repairs done from batteries replaced to hydraulic leaks in the leveling system and many items in between. We went from a Voltage 5th wheel toyhauler to this new rig and love the concept, handling, and size. The customer service has left a lot to be desired from Camping World
Old 01-27-2014, 08:31 PM   #5

THOR #607
Tstapp,
Sorry to hear you are having issues. Sorry to say those issue happen with all manufactures. What does count is service after the sale, and you either get a good camping world or a bad camping world. I will tell you though that Thor does care about service after the sale and will do everything they can to make it right. I've been to the service center in Elkhart and was treated very well. I'm going back the end on March to get the rest of my warranty work done. I to have not had good luck with camping world. I invite you to go to tmcoc.org and join our club.
tmcoc.org
Old 02-05-2014, 01:30 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I think you would get more participation in your club if you did not have to pay to join yet another RV club (FMCA).
Old 02-05-2014, 02:04 AM   #7

THOR #607
tmcoc

I know our web site states that we plan on becoming an FMCA CHAPTER,: there has been thought about that issue. My goal for this club was to allow all coaches in, since the diesel club didn't feeling they could expand to allow has coaches in, and be becoming an FMCA chapter could possibly exclude members, and I don't want that so once we are fully established I will ask for opinions. Thanks for your comment.
tmcoc.org
Old 02-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #8

State: Arizona
THOR #584
Well, We contacted Thor and a very nice man from Thor named Phil H. came to Arizona from the factory and met with myself and my friend John. He has an identical 33SW and is having many and more of the same problems with his RV and Camping World. To my disappointment very little was accomplished at Camping World and in fact, a very rude woman described as a dispatcher came out of her office on 3 different occasions to chew on the tech who was working with us and had been working on the warranty issues, telling him to get back to work on a CW rental that was sitting next to us. Keep in mind that my RV has been there , with the exception of 2 three day weekends, since December 6. A week has passed since our trip to CW and I have received no telephone calls with any update on my RV. That's the latest and this saga continues. Until next time...Happy Trails!
Old 03-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #9

THOR #607
Hello all, I would ask that all Thor Motor Coach owners pass on the forming of the Thor Motor Coach Owners' Club. We will be using this site as our platform. I will be in Elkhart on the 31st for warranty work, and while there I should be meeting with Jon Krider and his rep that handles clubs. I meet Jon at the Tampa Super show and the feeling is that we will get the support we need. I'm sure hoping so. If anyone has anything they would like me to take up with Thor while I'm there I don't mind speaking for us as a group. So if you haven't sent in a membership form please fill one out at tmcoc.org. Safe travels.
tmcoc.org
Old 06-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #10

Model: Challenger
State: Illinois
THOR #228
Have you made decision on tow bar yet? We have same model Rv and will be purchasing probably Ford c max this week
Old 06-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #11

THOR #607
Thortogo,
I have a blue ox tow bar. Have used it for over 10 years. Hope that helps.
tmcoc.org
Old 06-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #12

Model: Challenger
State: Illinois
THOR #228
Thanks...I think that is what we shall get installed.....did you install it yourself?
Old 06-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #13

THOR #607
I installed the base plate on my new toad with the help of a friend. My first base plate was installed at a rv shop.
tmcoc.org
Old 10-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #14

Model: aCE 29.2
State: California
THOR #907
Checking to see if ACE units are allowed into club?
Old 10-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #15

THOR #907
Do you allow ACE owners? Any members in CA or Az?
Old 10-24-2014, 06:00 PM   #16

THOR #607
Yes the ACE is certainly allowed. Sign up with love to have you
tmcoc.org
Old 10-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #17

THOR #907
I have sent in my application. We have a 2014 ACE live in CA. We met a couple from AZ who also have ACE. Will get them to join. Calling all ACE members----join and let's share info and have a good time. We may be smaller than some "rigs" but we have the ACE card which beats them all. Join!
Old 10-24-2014, 08:12 PM   #18

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Hey, I'm all for a type club, as we call in the aviation world..... good on you for setting something up....
but what's in for the member? Why should I join?

I am a discussion forum addict, but we already have that here..... (although i would enjoy more activity )
Old 10-25-2014, 02:05 PM   #19

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Manitoba
THOR #348
"Hey, I'm all for a type club, as we call in the aviation world..... good on you for setting something up...
but what's in for the member? Why should I join?"

I joined early this year. When ever I go to the website,tmcoc, there is nothing new just the introductory page no further information or activity.
What good is that?
Old 10-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #20

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
yep, what is the vision for the club?
why should I join?