Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2014, 01:23 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #943
pastorliz,
I agree with you. Thor's Q/C is poor. We have been waiting nine month for our new coach to have warranty work completed so that it is useable with everything in working order. They finally took it back to the factory and we are waiting to see how things are working and for how long when we get it back.
BTW, who did you purchase it from.
Good Luck and praying for you.

Old 11-27-2014, 02:40 AM   #22

Model: Daybreak 32HD
State: Texas
THOR #1188
I hope you are successful in getting everything in working order. Unfortunately, every time we have taken our coach on a trip, we have had major problems. I would never recommend a Thor product to anyone. Their reputation as a quality motorhome builder is somewhat overstated and the quality control is non existent. I have never spoken to a customer service rep from Thor in the 2 years I have owned my M/H, not that I haven't tried. I have written several letters about my problems and have never received any acknowledgement from Thor. If you buy a Thor, an extended warranty is a must.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:17 AM   #23

THOR #943
mmwoods
I hope we are successful also. Thor knows that rv's are basically not covered by the Lemon Law. We are at a point that we will wait and see how well Thor attends to the warranty work. Once we get it back and take it for a trial outing, we will decide what our next step will be. If we are not satisfied with the work, what they offer in return for our loss, etc. i believe we will be going public with our experience with Thor.
Is your warranty expired?
Old 11-27-2014, 04:20 AM   #24

State: Louisiana
THOR #1316
Thor Contact

I bought my rig from RV Shop, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I just received another email from Nesa at Thor and she contacted my dealer. The dealer lied about the problems. So, that makes me unhappy. I told her I did not know all the problems since they picked it up, because I have been too sick to get out. But I will let her know what I find. I plan on finding out the problems left and let someone in Florida look at them. It is a shame that we have to have these problems. At this rate. I will never buy a Thor again either. I should have went for the Tiffin, like I wanted to. My husband said he just wanted his old rig back. At least he knew the problems they have.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:30 AM   #25

THOR #1316
Thor contact

I found a very interesting piece of information it is called, ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. If you do not get everything done to your wish and there is no lemon law on an RV. Believe me, you will get someones attention with this. Some people have went so far as to put a big sign in front of their rig say LEMON. That would get some attention in a large RV park. Thor would lose their hold on everything. I will be traveling to Indiana next year. I will be making a stop in there.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #26

Model: Daybreak 32HD
State: Texas
THOR #1188
My basic warranty has expired, however, I did buy an extended warranty and I'm very glad I did. I had a Winnebago for 9 years before I bought this coach and never had it in the shop. I had expected the same quality from Thor as I had read of their exemplary quality. Not even close.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:19 PM   #27

THOR #1316
I hope this all changes with Nesa contacting me and sending me many emails as too what the problems are and how to fix them. So, I hope you all get the help you need also. We are not finished with fixes but to me the couch not being bolted to the floor and no gasket in the slide is major to me. I don't take that lightly, and I hope they don't.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:05 AM   #28

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #1600
Well I feel bad for all these issues
I am buying a thor coach this weekend
Luckily California supports vehicle buyers and bottom line
If its in the shop 30 days or more for something that is a thor issue they own it
Thor is the selling manufacure on title not ford or fl. So if the Rv dealer can fix it just start the process. It's a law not an option
Most likely they will just get you in a new one or extend your warranty.
I have have had 3 vehicles bought back, it's a very simple process
Old 02-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #29

Model: 2015 Tuscany 40EX
State: South Dakota
THOR #1260
I brought mine in Ca and right now the dealer and Nesa can't resolve or get anything fixed. I will go public to get this resolved to the news and papers whom ever it takes plus to get across to Thor and any action needed. Thor has screwed the wrong person I will be on them like fly's on shit. You have to be careful on what you say or you will have your comments deleted. I was told that by this site so Thor will not come after them. Thor does look at this site I was contacted once to send all complaints to Thor, been there done that so I came to this site and others. Thor hopes you will give up and go away.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:47 PM   #30

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
My earlier warranty work seems to have been resolved.... so far so good anyway with the back wall. But I have some new minor (I hope) issues.

Emailed my "Contact" yesterday, from my last warranty claim, hoping that he would be "my contact".

Turns out I just get the basic "take a number" response. So I have to make an appointment a week + out, just to let CW sit on it for a week or 2 before they order parts..... all for little ticky tack stuff. Ugh.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:20 PM   #31

Model: 2015 Tuscany 40EX
State: South Dakota
THOR #1260
We have repairs that Thor can not get molding for and the dealer said the wood will have to come from home depot and try to stain to match and if we don't like it do it our self. I have tried to match the finish and color and it will not come close and look like just that.

Our new 2015 MH has to have the whole shower replaced because it is cracked and chipped all over before we got it and was covered over by a bad fiberglass job that has now broken down. Told by the dealer since I have a QC back ground do it myself or someone else because I will not be happy with the dealer repair. I just want a new shower and for them not to damage anything else putting it in as done before by them.