Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2017, 10:24 PM   #41

Brand: Keystone
Model: Cougar 30 RLS 5th wheel
State: Colorado
THOR #2204
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanmotorhomes View Post
Hi there.

My name is Pete, American RV dealer in Sweden.

Just imported and sold a new 2014 Tuscany XTE 40GQ which I delivered to the customer today No 26th. Sorry to say but there are quality issues. Ducting from rear furnace to the bathroom goes thrue the slide and gets jammed and almost cut in half by the bed framing due to lack of physical space. Very bad construction. Tiles around slideouts very badly cut leaving big gaps that just shouldnt be there if the cut was made correctly. And customer called in 30 min after delivery complaing about low pitch wind noise somethere around the windshield, hard to here exactly from where while driving alone obviousely but I was told it comes and goes. Outside weather calm, no wind. Noice comes and goes but only at above some 50 mph. Just unbearable rumbling low pich sound. Anyone that has an idea what to do about it??
Pete in Sweden
Pete, from my signature you can see I own a Hurricane, but last year after I had a new windshield installed they had to come back and add more sealer to the inside top of windshield because of air leaks/noise.

I like to wander and I'm not lost!
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:27 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
THOR #1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKRIEPKE View Post
Purchased mine in june 2016 from Giant RV in Colton, CA. Its been in their shop as much as in my possession... Does drive like a dream, tho.....
I had the leak in the furnace problem as so many others have had. I could not keep water from getting on the furnace egniter control board and shutting off the heat in the rain. Finally Dometic(Atwood) provided two mod kits that relocated the board vertically so it would not catch water.

If you are having this situation, the control board can become compromised and CAN try to turn on and off even if the heat is turned off at the thermostat!! Make sure that 1). the louvers are not there; 2). the cover has the full gasket installed; 3). the mounting and the cover caulking are perfect.
Interesting. I've had both furnaces have issues because of water getting on the circuit boards. One was fried, the second this week kept trying to come on, removed the fuse and let the board dry out, working now.

I called them Atwood (Dometic) last week and was told the covers are designed correctly...vents facing inward...and they won't replace the covers. Also they would not sell me the relocation kits, said it was a dealer item only and I needed to take it in for service. Grrrrr.....

And lastly, can someone look at all four of their slides and confirm that they have a weather strip across the top of each slide and just underneath the topper? My sofa slide does not and it leaked in a heavy rainstorm this last week. First time in 2 1/2 years.

Thanks
Old 07-10-2017, 11:32 PM   #43

THOR #1497
Quote:
Does anybody with a 2016 XTE 36MQ have experience hooking up a sat receiver to the tv connections in the rear bedroom?? I cannot get a sat signal at the RF jack plate in the rear. The jack plate in the front connects fine. Just wondering where the most likely place to look for the "disconnect" Dealer keeps telling me that there is not supposed to be a sat connection in the rear, only DVD....I find that ludicrous....(sp?)

I've got a 2015 and have the same issue and got tired of running a really long hdmi to the back. Finally bought a MyWirelssTv to get a signal to the back bedroom and outside TVs. I still need to set it up, that's this week's project.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #44

THOR #4563
I use that item in my home to watch tv on my patio during baseball games.
I tried to use in my old Winnebago but there was too much metal between the front and rear, so the signal was iffy. Have not yet tried in the Tuscany.... Plan to try this year when I'm in CA for the winter.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:10 AM   #45

THOR #4563
Wink Dometic Furnaces

What I did was have my local dealer order the kits for me. When they arrived, I installed them myself. Not that they would not do it, but I didn't want to wait 6 weeks to get scheduled in. Install was really easy. remove and relocate wires and switch, install new board and bracket, reconnect all wiring, and button it up. no sweat.

Before and after pix attached.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1577[1].jpg
Views:	275
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	5756   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1584[1].jpg
Views:	265
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	5757  

Old 07-11-2017, 12:24 PM   #46

THOR #1497
Quote:
What I did was have my local dealer order the kits for me. When they arrived, I installed them myself. Not that they would not do it, but I didn't want to wait 6 weeks to get scheduled in. Install was really easy. remove and relocate wires and switch, install new board and bracket, reconnect all wiring, and button it up. no sweat.

Before and after pix attached.....
Thanks. We are in the process of moving and will be in our RV for the next 6 months, I'll see if I can find a dealer that will order the kits for me. Looked online with no success for the kit.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:48 PM   #47

THOR #4563
Mine were under warranty so were free... the paid for kits are EXPENSIVE. I bought just a replacement board in CA for $150.00.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #48

THOR #1497
Quote:
Mine were under warranty so were free... the paid for kits are EXPENSIVE. I bought just a replacement board in CA for $150.00.
You can buy Atwood replacement circuit boards on Amazon. There is a compatible one made by Dinosaur that supposedly is coated in something to prevent water damage. I can find the dinosaur board, but it doesn't describe any coating. On Amazon the boards are running about $80.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:29 PM   #49

Model: 2016 Tuscany 42HQ
State: Nevada
THOR #6488
Anyone own a 2016 42HQ or anyone with weird awning placement?

I have a question that seems to boggle Thor. Why would they put a rear awning over a large window but not cover all of the window. The window is large and useless when it is extremely hot outside to help keep the heat out. If you look at the placement, the awning isn't even centered. Thor says that is the way it is designed. Seriously???
Old 07-14-2017, 10:41 PM   #50

State: Alabama
THOR #8070
New Thor owner

Just purchased used 2015 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany XTE 40AX. Wife tried to help me back it down the road but can't seem to get volume button to work on rear camera - can't hear her. Night shade has had to be reset 2x & we haven't even left the yard on our first trip. Now all 4 batteries had to be replaced. Any suggestions on volume for rear camera.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #51

State: Oregon
THOR #7088
Patrick & Darlene
Purchased a used 2013 Tuscany XTE 36mq in July of 2016. 7500 miles on it with three large solar panels. A few minor repairs needed. We have a really good warranty plan that we used already. The only issue I am trying to resolve is about the battery charging. The batter control center does not seem to be opening the battery isolaters for cross charging. When parked, the charging system is not charging the chassis batteries even though the system has reached full charge.
Otherwise, we love it!
Old 07-17-2017, 04:06 AM   #52

State: Florida
THOR #8331
Question Tuscany xte 40ax 2016

Hello,

Have a chance to purchase this used coach with 7825 miles and the 360 Cummins 800 Ft Lb Torque.

I'm concerned with the vast amounts of negative comments I've come across regarding quality/construction/functionality issues in various blogs/forums.

How reliable is this coach actually? Is it worth obtaining and working out
any issues to achieve long term satisfaction?

What are the issues towing a full size truck with this power plant?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:03 PM   #53

State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
Quote:
Does anybody with a 2016 XTE 36MQ have experience hooking up a sat receiver to the tv connections in the rear bedroom?? I cannot get a sat signal at the RF jack plate in the rear. The jack plate in the front connects fine. Just wondering where the most likely place to look for the "disconnect" Dealer keeps telling me that there is not supposed to be a sat connection in the rear, only DVD....I find that ludicrous....(sp?)
Yes. Problem is really in the front. removed panel in dvd compartment and installed satellite connection to the splitter behind the panel. This allows the signal to get to the back bedroom. Make sure button for tv antennae is turned off. I had the same problem. Technician was no help figured out on my own.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:02 PM   #54

Model: Tuscany 38SQ
State: North Carolina
THOR #799
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTMooresmithSr View Post
Just purchased used 2015 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany XTE 40AX. Wife tried to help me back it down the road but can't seem to get volume button to work on rear camera - can't hear her. Night shade has had to be reset 2x & we haven't even left the yard on our first trip. Now all 4 batteries had to be replaced. Any suggestions on volume for rear camera.

If you have volume for your rear camera most likely all you would hear would be the engine noise. We use agreed upon hand signals. If you want to talk then use cell phones to hear each other.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:05 PM   #55

State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTMooresmithSr View Post
To adjust the volume go to the aux screen that shows 2 jacks on it. Then adjust the volume where you want it and return to the camera view. Like others have said, mainly engine noise unless TW YELLS! Phone, 2-way, or hand signals better.....
Old 07-22-2017, 08:44 PM   #56

State: Texas
THOR #6635
I have a 2016 Tuscany 45AT. It's been interesting so far, but getting better.
'Nuff said for now.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:55 PM   #57

State: Texas
THOR #6635
2106 Tuscany 45AT

I would agree that Quality Control is non-existent, at least on the Tuscany lines. I know of three 2016 that were plagued with major problems, all directly attributable to assembly at the factory. For me, the worst was the inverter being wired incorrectly. I'm at the one year point, just now getting all of my issued finally resolved. I would also agree that CW is not the place to go for service or repairs. The guys that worked on mine were not RV trained and would not reach out to Thor for help. They just poked around, replaced some parts, and sent me on my way - only to return to get them to try again. I finally woke up and went elsewhere.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:05 AM   #58

State: Arkansas
THOR #4438
Furnaces got wet during heavy rain

I haven't been on the site for quite a while, but when I did I noticed others with 36MQ model have had rain getting into furnaces. I recently had both furnaces start blowing air (not hot air) during a heavy rainstorm, even though the thermostat was off. I inspected the furnace compartments from the inside of the coach and saw water was was getting into the coach from the furnace area. After the rain stopped I opened the furnace compartments from outside and both circuit boards had standing water on them. I fiddled with the furnaces for a couple hours and finally ended up disconnecting the wires to make them stop running. About a week later I took the coach to a rv repair shop and they couldn't find anything wrong!! They were right-both heaters performed perfectly. I guess the units must have dried off enough and the circuit boards weren't destroyed by water. So how did the water get in there? I did find that both furnace compartment covers (not the removable covers but the larger compartment covers) had fine cracks in the sealant. I repaired that. But I did notice when I took off the removable furnace covers about half the screws were showing evidence of water intrusion.
I didn't know there was a retro kit for relocating the circuit board, but it sounds like a good thing to do. I am curious if you other folks with the water in your furnace have figured out how the water got in there? Did you have cracks in the compartment sealant? I can't see how it would come in through the exhaust apparatus? Is there something I am missing?
Thanks.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #59
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by markaasmund View Post
I haven't been on the site for quite a while, but when I did I noticed others with 36MQ model have had rain getting into furnaces. I recently had both furnaces start blowing air (not hot air) during a heavy rainstorm, even though the thermostat was off. I inspected the furnace compartments from the inside of the coach and saw water was was getting into the coach from the furnace area. After the rain stopped I opened the furnace compartments from outside and both circuit boards had standing water on them. I fiddled with the furnaces for a couple hours and finally ended up disconnecting the wires to make them stop running. About a week later I took the coach to a rv repair shop and they couldn't find anything wrong!! They were right-both heaters performed perfectly. I guess the units must have dried off enough and the circuit boards weren't destroyed by water. So how did the water get in there? I did find that both furnace compartment covers (not the removable covers but the larger compartment covers) had fine cracks in the sealant. I repaired that. But I did notice when I took off the removable furnace covers about half the screws were showing evidence of water intrusion.
I didn't know there was a retro kit for relocating the circuit board, but it sounds like a good thing to do. I am curious if you other folks with the water in your furnace have figured out how the water got in there? Did you have cracks in the compartment sealant? I can't see how it would come in through the exhaust apparatus? Is there something I am missing?
Thanks.
Does the outside covers look like the ones in this thread?
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...egas-4200.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:33 AM   #60

THOR #1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by markaasmund View Post
Thanks.

I had the same problem. While in Florida last spring during a thunderstorm the heater came on and would not turn off. It was 80 degrees. I had to open the side panel turn off the furnace with the rocker switch. I had to have that circuit board replaced.

In the fall the other one did the same thing, it eventually dried out and still worked.

I could never figure out how the water was getting into the compartment and onto the boards.

This year I bit the bullet and purchased two of the relocation kits, even those these are supposed to be dealer installed items, I had a dealer willing to buy them for me. Not cheap. $360 for total , but they came with a new circuit board (available for 80-90 on Amazon!). But I didn't want to have them go haywire during the next storm. The relocation kit is basically two formed plastic boards joined together in such a way as to hinge a little. I would think you could make one and install it the same way...upside down from its current location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Does the outside covers look like the ones in this thread?
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...egas-4200.html
Mine did. Called Thor and they said I was out of warranty and there was nothing to be done. They were kind enough to send me my paint scheme so I could get some new panels from Atwood and have them painted the to match.

Called Atwood and told it was not a defect and they were designed that way. Wouldn't sell me a relocation kit either as it was a dealer installed item only. Not a happy camper after those two conversations.