Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2016, 02:48 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: tuscany xte 36mq
State: Alberta
THOR #3607
Tom and joanne 2016 tuscany xte 36 mq

wonderful riding unit, wife really likes the ride. only thing I have noticed is a little sluggish when starting from a dead start and after in a bout 2 second like someone turned on a light switch, race you to the next lights ? anyone else have the same issue? like waiting for the turbo to spool up

Old 06-27-2016, 10:06 PM   #22

Model: Tuscany XTE
State: Manitoba
THOR #4290
Cool Are these aisle lights ?

Think these are aisle lights but want to confirm with Tuscany XTE owners. Located close to floor on passenger side of dash close to floor.
Can anyone confirm if they are and is there a separate switch that controls them ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	2350  
Old 10-19-2016, 11:51 PM   #23

Model: XTE 34st Diesel Pusher
State: Oklahoma
THOR #5009
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by may0016 View Post
Think these are aisle lights but want to confirm with Tuscany XTE owners. Located close to floor on passenger side of dash close to floor.
Can anyone confirm if they are and is there a separate switch that controls them ?
Yes, those are with the aisle lights. If you haven't been able to get your aisle lights to work at all, we had same issue on our XTE 34st. Turns out the answer to the problem is (of all places) on the dash set labeled ??? ... turns out I can't remember off hand and my motorhome is stored off site and not readily available... so, try this: Turn on your aisle lights and just activate one at a time each of the switches on the dash until they come on. The one you show in the picture is the light located at the front of the motorhome and is designed to light up the doorway, although it is really a bright white light that hits the eyes rather harshly from the bedroom area. Hope this helps. Sorry about not remembering which switch but thought the info may be more helpful if given timely rather than waiting to go to the storage place later this week and then getting back... although I will try and do that.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:08 AM   #24

State: Washington
THOR #4257
They are aisle lights. On my 2014 XTE there are two switches. One located in the bedroom ajacent to the Generator start switch named "Aisle" and the second on the left side of the drivers seat. "Aisle Light"
Old 10-20-2016, 12:12 AM   #25

THOR #4290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Yes, those are with the aisle lights. If you haven't been able to get your aisle lights to work at all, we had same issue on our XTE 34st. Turns out the answer to the problem is (of all places) on the dash set labeled ??? ... turns out I can't remember off hand and my motorhome is stored off site and not readily available... so, try this: Turn on your aisle lights and just activate one at a time each of the switches on the dash until they come on. The one you show in the picture is the light located at the front of the motorhome and is designed to light up the doorway, although it is really a bright white light that hits the eyes rather harshly from the bedroom area. Hope this helps. Sorry about not remembering which switch but thought the info may be more helpful if given timely rather than waiting to go to the storage place later this week and then getting back... although I will try and do that.
Tks Tuscany appreciated
Old 10-20-2016, 12:15 AM   #26

THOR #4290
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burq57 View Post
They are aisle lights. On my 2014 XTE there are two switches. One located in the bedroom ajacent to the Generator start switch named "Aisle" and the second on the left side of the drivers seat. "Aisle Light"
Tks burq57..... back to the dealer she goes... aisle light in master bedroom work as well as outside the bath but no lights working at front coach entry with aisle switch on...
Old 10-20-2016, 12:22 AM   #27

THOR #4257
They are all tied together. Did you check the bulb? I replaced all mine with LED's. The original bulbs did not last 6 months.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:35 AM   #28

THOR #4290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burq57 View Post
They are all tied together. Did you check the bulb? I replaced all mine with LED's. The original bulbs did not last 6 months.
There are 2 lights at the front close to floor. Both are not working. Never checked bulbs.... not sure how to get the bulbs out as they appear to be secured in a rubber grommet... guess it's possible both bulbs can be burnt out... this is a brand new 2016 model so I guess I assumed a wiring problem as opposed to a bulb issue..... I left the coach with the dealer with a list of issues to repair and this is one of them...

Tks
Old 10-20-2016, 12:49 AM   #29

THOR #4257
As long as it is under warrenty, I would let them fix them also. Good luck, we have had a few issues, (most everyone with any brand does) but we are happy with our Tuscany and would purchase it again.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:35 AM   #30

State: Florida
THOR #3326
We have a 2015 Tuscany XTE 34ST and tow a 2015 Grand Cherokee. Started fulltiming in July 2016. Still working out the bugs in ours.

Rainstorms last night caused both gas furnaces to start blowing. System was off, so spending time researching issue and calling Thor today.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #31

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3790
We have a 2013 Tuscany XTE and had the same problem. I traced it to be the vent hose under the bed. I was crushed when the slide goes out. When we were in Elkhart several years ago I had them fix it. It turned out the vent hose had to be tied up so it was not in line with the bed slide when going out. They had to replace the crushed part and tied it up out of way. We do get some heat out of it now. I hope you already had this problem fixed.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:33 PM   #32

Model: Tuscany 34ST
State: Oregon
THOR #1149
Sluggish start

Reading this thread over I realized tombottcat's question was never answered. Yes, there is quite a lag between application of the gas pedal and when the rig actually starts moving.
Don't challenge kids to a drag race from the stoplight.

Steve
steveak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #33

State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini Chuck View Post
Lasalleg I would be interested in knowing what they found regarding the lack of heat in the bathroom. We have a 2013 Tuscany XTE and it has never had heat although there is a vent for it.
2016 XTE 36MQ - We had same issue with no heat from bathroom vent. Tech found the hose that runs under bed slide was crushed. Replace and rerouted hose. Also put in a restriction on bedroom vent to force more heat to bathroom. Works well now.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:11 AM   #34

Model: Tuscany 40gq
THOR #7045
Just purchased a 2016 thor tuscany 40gq and having issues with the inside wiper seal on the passenger slide out. the top part of the seal has pulled out of place and very tight to put back in place
Old 04-10-2017, 01:34 PM   #35

Model: Tuscany XTE 36 MQ
State: Texas
THOR #7082
Don & Lori Bridenbaker, Killeen Texas

We purchased a Tuscany XTE 36 MQ two years ago. We are not retired yet but still able to used it every couple of months.

bridenbakerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:31 AM   #36

Model: 2016 Tuscany 42HQ
State: Nevada
THOR #6488
2016 Tuscany 42HQ. Help

The electric macerated red light came on. The black tank is empty. Manual says that if full the power stops. How do I reset it so the red light goes out?
Old 07-10-2017, 01:49 PM   #37

State: Colorado
THOR #4563
I have identical coach with identical response of engine.... your comment on turbo is spot on... if you watch the dash, you'll see the turbo respond after that 2 seconds...just gotta get used to it...
Old 07-10-2017, 02:06 PM   #38

THOR #4563
Cool 2016 tuscany xte 36mq

Purchased mine in june 2016 from Giant RV in Colton, CA. Its been in their shop as much as in my possession... Does drive like a dream, tho.....
I had the leak in the furnace problem as so many others have had. I could not keep water from getting on the furnace egniter control board and shutting off the heat in the rain. Finally Dometic(Atwood) provided two mod kits that relocated the board vertically so it would not catch water.

If you are having this situation, the control board can become compromised and CAN try to turn on and off even if the heat is turned off at the thermostat!! Make sure that 1). the louvers are not there; 2). the cover has the full gasket installed; 3). the mounting and the cover caulking are perfect.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #39

THOR #4563
Unhappy Satellite in bedroom

Does anybody with a 2016 XTE 36MQ have experience hooking up a sat receiver to the tv connections in the rear bedroom?? I cannot get a sat signal at the RF jack plate in the rear. The jack plate in the front connects fine. Just wondering where the most likely place to look for the "disconnect" Dealer keeps telling me that there is not supposed to be a sat connection in the rear, only DVD....I find that ludicrous....(sp?)
Old 07-10-2017, 10:18 PM   #40

State: Arizona
THOR #7430
Your dealer right I had a bedroom TV installed and had to go to the dollar store to get a antenna tree which is shaped like a t and pulls in all the channels. He said in order to run the antenna back to the bedroom they would have to go across the refrigerator through the wall over the bathroom and into that wall opposite the bed. So the little antenna works great and I bought a Chrome Cast and put it in the HDMI port which reads the DVD player so that way you can watch movies in the bedroom also by using your front DVD player. Hope that helps there's also a little switch on the table Outlet buy the DVD in the front that isn't antenna booster. Has a little green light you can barely see it.