Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #21
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonjack View Post
And the story takes a shocking turn ......... after being told that I have a seriously complex problem that Thor is making them resubmit their request for warrentee work approval I called Thor customer service...... they said they haven't received a single request for Warrentee work from Camping World ! I told them my story and that how my RV has been sitting at Camping World for 40 days. They asked me if I would like to bring it up to Indiana to get fixed. I told them yes. They told me if I bring it up they will make sure I'm happy before I leave. To put together a list of everything I wanted fixed. I live about 6 hours away and have a friend that lives up that way so I'm going to take it up.
I'm heading up tomorrow morning to pick up my RV from camping world . I guess you can put me in the "Camping World Sucks" camp
The shop at Wakarusa is really good. You don't even have to stay at the friends if you don't want to--there are camping spots; they will bring your coach out to the spot you parked at the end of their day so you can stay in it. Then the next morning bring it in the shop again to continue working..

Make sure you list everything (they can't fix stuff you don't tell them about) and I mean everything--even the slightest thing will get addressed.

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #22
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonjack View Post
And the story takes a shocking turn ......... after being told that I have a seriously complex problem that Thor is making them resubmit their request for warrentee work approval I called Thor customer service...... they said they haven't received a single request for Warrentee work from Camping World ! I told them my story and that how my RV has been sitting at Camping World for 40 days. They asked me if I would like to bring it up to Indiana to get fixed. I told them yes. They told me if I bring it up they will make sure I'm happy before I leave. To put together a list of everything I wanted fixed. I live about 6 hours away and have a friend that lives up that way so I'm going to take it up.
I'm heading up tomorrow morning to pick up my RV from camping world . I guess you can put me in the "Camping World Sucks" camp
Not a "shocking turn". That's SOP for Camping World. Luckily, SOP for Thor's repair facility is exactly what they expressed to you over the phone by reports from others who have made that trip.

let us know how it turns out.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:18 PM   #23
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
(877) 855-2687 is the thor customer service department for thor owner's only. You will need your name and vin number and you can speak with them direct.
877-855-2867
Old 01-24-2018, 03:44 PM   #24

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
877-855-2867
You are correct, Kev. Good catch. Thanks.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:18 PM   #25

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
When I was in the process of buying the Gemini, I asked the service dept. about warrantee work. They told me they had a pretty good relationship with Thor and had no real problem getting warrantee authorizations. During that first year, there were a number of issues that needed to be taken care of under warrantee, and as far as I could tell, there was never a problem getting the necessary authorization, at least things got fixed, at no cost to me.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:30 PM   #26

Model: ACE 30.3
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
When I was in the process of buying the Gemini, I asked the service dept. about warrantee work. They told me they had a pretty good relationship with Thor and had no real problem getting warrantee authorizations. During that first year, there were a number of issues that needed to be taken care of under warrantee, and as far as I could tell, there was never a problem getting the necessary authorization, at least things got fixed, at no cost to me.
Pretty much mirrors my experience, Laco. There have been no warranty issues with Thor. The dealer's service is always slow and the motorhome is always on the lot for awhile before getting worked and parts ordered, but Thor has never balked at any of the warranty claims.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:14 AM   #27

State: Missouri
THOR #10032
I'm glad to hear all the positive about the Thor facility. I was really staring to sweat things. What do you do with a 100 grand rv that you can't take anywhere. The bad news is when I picked it up from Camping World it was worse off then when I left it. They did something to the slide. It acts like the bottom of the slide isn't locked close. Going down the road you can see it moving in and out .
Old 01-29-2018, 12:10 PM   #28

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
State: South Carolina
THOR #5641
I gave up on the dealer's and found a place that don't sell MH's, they just do service. They are very happy to do warranty work, and since they don't sell any MH's, there is no "since you didn't buy it here you will just have to wait". have you looked at this site to find a service center?
RV Service Reviews
It might help find a place close to you.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:10 PM   #29
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
THOR #7074
Great Link... Thankyou!
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:07 PM   #30

Model: Compass 24TX
State: Kentucky
THOR #7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
I gave up on the dealer's and found a place that don't sell MH's, they just do service. They are very happy to do warranty work, and since they don't sell any MH's, there is no "since you didn't buy it here you will just have to wait". have you looked at this site to find a service center?
RV Service Reviews
It might help find a place close to you.
I see you are in Lexington. Is that Lexington, KY; and if so, could you tell me what RV repair place you are using?
Old 01-30-2018, 12:14 PM   #31

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
State: South Carolina
THOR #5641
Gladinwj

I live in Lexington SC.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:30 AM   #32

Model: Compass 24TX
State: Kentucky
THOR #7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
Gladinwj

I live in Lexington SC.
Thanks
Old 02-24-2018, 04:39 PM   #33

State: Washington
THOR #7217
Thor Service centers

Call Thor customer service & ask where there is Thor Service Center in your area. It’s better than going thru dealers.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:39 PM   #34

Model: KM24
State: Colorado
THOR #10410
Thor warranty

After working with a N. Colorado LD dealer on warranty work for our KM25 and seeing no return for my efforts I called THOR Wakarusa, IN. They informed me that LD has not even contacted them regarding my KM25, even though LD customer service insisted they were waiting THOR warranty work authorization. Just a bunch of lies from LD. On one occasion, LD customer service sent an email stating their tech. is diligently working on issues as listed. Problem was, KM24 was in storage for past three-months. I replied to email that I’m not sure how their tech would have access to my stored RV to accomplish said work and as you can guess, no answer! I have a mid-March appointment at Wakarusa to get warranty issue addressed.
Aurora, CO... 2018 THOR KM25