Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2016, 01:52 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
Tighten Drivers Side Chair

Anybody have an idea how to tighten the drivers side chair on a 2016 Miramar 34.2, the chair wobbles back and forth, passenger side is tight.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:37 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Been awhile since I had my head in the wheel wells and under the seats but if I remember correctly, on my Challenger there is a black plastic trim piece that goes around the seat base (both drivers and passengers side). After that piece is removed I would then have access to the bolts that mount the seats to the coach. There are nuts that would have to be accesses through the front wheel wells.

Your setup should be similar.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 03:46 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
Thanks dstankov, you pointed me in the right direction. It was however a 1" nut holding the chair to the base that was missing a cotter pin causing the nut to rise and loosen up.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenmike View Post
Thanks dstankov, you pointed me in the right direction. It was however a 1" nut holding the chair to the base that was missing a cotter pin causing the nut to rise and loosen up.
My bad. I forgot about the seat itself attaching to the base and then being 2 separate components.

Glad to here your problem is fixed.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 04:09 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Nevada
THOR #4991
tighten drivers side chair

Our chair had a significant wobble. It also leans to the right and is not centered on the steering wheel. This is only one of many problems we have with our new Hurricane 31S. We were traveling cross country and the problem became so severe it was uncomfortable to drive. We took it to a dealer who suggested it was a factory problem. We drove to the factory, waited over 2 days for them to even look at the problem. They tightened the seat, but did not fix any of the other problems with the seat. We are not at all happy with Thor service. We talked to several other owners camped out in the service department's camping area and they are not happy either. There was discussion about a class action law suit being pursued over defects and ailure to repair. Does any one have any information on this?