Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2016, 12:43 PM   #21
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Greg,
I don't have my mh here so I cant check this but does the "Store" switch kill the lights in the storage bays????

Jerry
Yes - the lights in the storage bays go off when battery switch is in 'STORE' (and not on shore power). At least on mine... lol... and that is one I haven't heard someone having an exception to... yet...

2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:56 PM   #22
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice
SO anyways he said almost everything is done. The 12v wire issue is not going to be fixed. Thor says its Fords problem or I can pay them $450+- to have them hook it up. Before bringing it to the dealer I spoke to Ford. They said it was hooked. If they look at it and find that Thor messed it up during their build I would have to pay them for their time. $300+depending on what they did.

So I don't need the 12v for my toad so I'm leaving it as is. Not working. Not worth the fight with Ford and/or Thor.
Interesting, our 7-wire plug at the back of our Axis was all messed up. My dealer found it when I asked them to install a brake controller. They fixed it under warranty (and I've since picked up a diagnostic plug for it: 7-way trailer tester).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 05:13 PM   #23

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Tennessee
THOR #5918
Jerry, You replied to my post about the "Power Distribution Panel" on my '16 Windsport 31S. I found the "slide" lock on the right side and it is pulled out as far as it will come. However, though the top of the door seems unfastened, the bottom is not. There appears to be small locking device on the bottom of the panel in the far right corner that I can't get to release. I hate to break the thing, but pull as hard as I might, I can't get it to release. Any suggestions, short of taking it to a Ford dealer?
BruceW
USAF (Ret.)
Old 12-22-2016, 05:20 PM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Bruce i sent you a private message
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:49 AM   #25

Model: 2019 Coachman Catalina
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5432
Because I will be hooking the tire minders on my toad car as well, I put the booster in the false space in the cabinet above our bed. I took out one of the speakers and just tapped into one of the wires going to one of the lights above our heads. As stated before the draw is so minor that you really don't need to turn it off. Then I just double sided taped it down so it doesn't rattle put the speaker back in and you don't even know it is there.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:29 AM   #26

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Well i ended up installing rhe booster under the mh just behind the rear licence plate. I ran the wireand tied into the light in the rear storage compartment. Thanks Greg!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:17 PM   #27

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
I made removing the brake components from our old coach, installing it in the new and wiring the umbilical to the toad all part of the purchase deal. They had all kinds of issues, some were chassis specific, some were not, but they had to replace the controller in the MH and the car. Took them over a week to get it straightened out and needless to say I was glad all than was rolled into the purchase deal.