Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #41
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
They sell them on Amazon, and at Home Depot...

(Just an attempt to show that we're not the ONLY ones with toilet troubles!)

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Louisiana
THOR #6600
I have a 2015 Windsport 34F. The toilet can clog easily if too much toilet paper is used and not enough water. I've had to educate first time guests a few times on how to balance that, but it's not a new problem specific to this RV. I've had trailers / rvs for the past 25 years. Common problem. I have little issues other than that. One thing I had added when I purchased the unit was a flush kit with the rotating sprayer, and had it mounted right where the toilet drops. Flush it good every time I dump. Works wonders. Best of luck
Old 09-17-2017, 06:43 PM   #43

Model: Ace 30.2
State: Washington
THOR #5063
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
No, that would definitely not help anyone on this forum.

Best reply I've seen on this forum.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:51 PM   #44

State: Florida
THOR #7286
Do you remember the brand of spray unit you had installed? I would be very interested in something like that.
ArtieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:26 AM   #45

Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
THOR #9721
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieP View Post
Do you remember the brand of spray unit you had installed? I would be very interested in something like that.
Bump, same.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:10 AM   #46

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonguy52 View Post
Make sure you have water and solution in tank before you drive. Use RV tp. Also before doing number two I out water in bowl then take tp and for a cross. This helped going down when flushed.
We're on about our 10th rv, rving for 40+/- years & the only "rv" toilet paper we've ever used is what was given to us when bought/traded rvs. Septic Safe & no more than 2 ply & in 10 years of fulltiming have never had an issue. Plenty of water is the key.
Also the majority of the chemicals for black tanks are for odor control more than for breaking down solids. I give the toilet a good healthy squirt of dishwashing/laundry soap with a couple gallons of water while traveling to help with cleaning, it's cheaper & much less work/hassle than filling the tank with ice cubes & in my opinion works better.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:20 AM   #47

State: Arkansas
THOR #7538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trkyte@msn.com View Post
Like many have said here: water is your best friend. Just solids won't break down and will pyramid . I fill the toilet with water (just like your home privy) after each flush. My gauges stay accurate and it dumps easily.

Totally agree. Hold down on your foot flush part way and put some extra water in there. Also, make sure that your toilet paper gets completely wet before flushing.

Hope everything comes out alright. [emoji6]
Old 10-29-2017, 11:58 AM   #48

Model: Ace 29.4
State: North Carolina
THOR #9094
poo poo

Have 2017 ace 29.4
Same problem also no matter how much water before or after #2 it stacks up
After 1 day use I have to use a brush to break it up I bought at Wally mart in plumbing area 2" round 2' long and a handle 2 'long
Never had this problem with any of my other rv

Thor should step up to the plate and design a new tank and recall crap tank
Thor engineer must never went to the bathroom in any of there units
Or they would have fixed this crap tank

( Tanks Must of look good on paper but in real life works like shi???? )

I thought in my golden years I wouldn't be still cleaning up crap
Old 10-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #49

THOR #7286
Could you provide the brand of sprayer and where you acquired it, please. You would probably help a lot of owners with the same problem.
ArtieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:15 PM   #50

State: Alaska
THOR #7567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace30.2 View Post
I've had multiple rvs and had no problems with the toilet. I now have a Thor Ace and have had nothing but problems with Thors design. My black tank is the shape of a roller paint tray. The toilet drops straight to the shallow end of the pool. It doesn't matter how much water you use it doesn't work. I cut an access in the tank so I can blast Mt. Everest until it's broken up. I completely agree with some kind of action. We pay all this money for something that never worked right from the factory. Sign me up for a suit.
I feel your pain. Mine is the same way.bad design
Old 10-29-2017, 03:19 PM   #51

THOR #7567
Quote:
Bob, I'm not after money. I would like to see a recall or some sort of solution to their poor engineering/cost cutting at our/my aggravation. Had I known I would need an engineering degree to make a proper purchase decision, I may not have made the purchase.
I agree Artie, makes camping a pain in the butt
Old 10-29-2017, 03:25 PM   #52

THOR #7567
The only motorhome I had to take exlax I week before you go camping
Old 10-29-2017, 04:50 PM   #53
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
About the issue of puns:

You had me with your screen name: "Artie Pee"...
The rest of the crowd in here seems to wear their collars kind of tight...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:41 PM   #54

State: Louisiana
THOR #6600
Quote:
Could you provide the brand of sprayer and where you acquired it, please. You would probably help a lot of owners with the same problem.

Camco Tornado 360 tank rinser. The original hose was too short to pass from the toilet side so we just used a longer hose. We mounted the sprayer on the tank right where the toilet drops in, and the inlet was mounted in the compartment where the tank valves are housed.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:16 PM   #55

State: Illinois
THOR #5112
that means i should be glad i have a Axis?
Old 10-29-2017, 11:34 PM   #56

State: Alabama
THOR #8719
My Serranno is same
I put in super quiet Tecma Thetford (Water an macerator)
Jury still out
Old 10-28-2018, 12:45 PM   #57

Model: Freedom Elite 24FE
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #9382
Toilet issue

Quote:
I have a 2017 Windsport 34F. The toilet keeps clogging, evidently because the toilet is installed over the narrow end of the black tank leaving only an inch or two for things to try move below the bottom of the entry tube. I had to purchase a sprayer to break things up and get things moving. I have had to use it several times so far. Thor says there is nothing they can do about it. Anyone else having this problem and/or found a solution. Maybe we could start a class-action.
On my PD31 the toilet is not centered over the hole blocking off about two inches of the discharge. I am not sure if this is the same thing you are talking about.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:07 PM   #58

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
I have a similar problem with my Miramar but perhaps not as severe. I have found filling the toilet bowl with water before I begin my "business" has pretty much "eliminated" the problem. Putting more water down after you flush just doesn't move the pile.

It's really not about the type of TP you use or the chemicals or dish washing detergent. All of those things will help when emptying the tank but have nothing to due with the cone that can build up below the hole. It is all about having enough water go done at the same time.

All of this said, I am unable or unwilling to have this conversation with all the users (especially grandkids and visitors). So I keep a 6' walking stick in the corner beside the toilet. If all else fails I have found that works wonders at eliminating the cone of "stuff". I simply wipe it off with TP when removing it from the bowl hole...job done.

I will say I don't have to do that at all when it's just my wife and me using the toilet. I do add dishwashing detergent, proper chemicals and use septic safe (quick dissolve) TP just to aid with the dumping of the black tank.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:38 PM   #59

State: Arizona
THOR #6671
We have a 2017 Quantum PD31 with the same kind of toilet problem. Never worked since we bought the unit March 2017. The dealer replaced a vacuum seal one time, but no change. We have NEVER put solid waste down the drain because of this problem - just liquids. When flushing, in about 4-6 seconds the liquid backs up into he toilet bowl and liquid leaks onto the floor below. Trying to get it scheduled back in for another try at repairs, so interested in all the advice I can find. I carry a 3-foot snake, and with a few jabs, suddenly everything flows right down, sort of like when a vapor lock releases.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:11 PM   #60

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM1965 View Post
We have a 2017 Quantum PD31 with the same kind of toilet problem. Never worked since we bought the unit March 2017. The dealer replaced a vacuum seal one time, but no change. We have NEVER put solid waste down the drain because of this problem - just liquids. When flushing, in about 4-6 seconds the liquid backs up into he toilet bowl and liquid leaks onto the floor below. Trying to get it scheduled back in for another try at repairs, so interested in all the advice I can find. I carry a 3-foot snake, and with a few jabs, suddenly everything flows right down, sort of like when a vapor lock releases.
Sounds like you “might” have a blocked vent pipe. If you can, get on the roof and remove the black tank vent cap. Check to see if the cap is plugged and not allowing the tank to vent when flushing. While you’re at it I would replace the factory cap with a 360 vent cap, you can get them from Amazon. You’ll need some Dicor self leveling sealant and a pipe cutter, takes less than 30 minutes to do the job.

Here are pictures of the 360 cap and the factory cap:
Click image for larger version

Name:	07A95A1A-5A17-43FB-B923-FD3C29C6A79B.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	13875

Name:  980916F8-67E4-435C-AE54-989B916E68E2.jpeg
Views: 341
Size:  15.5 KB