Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2017, 05:10 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
Trac Bar

Been looking for a way to improve driving stability by installing Trac Bar or so called Pan hard bar on rear. Looked on a couple of manufacturer sites that make them and they claim improves handling so coach has less tendency to drift. Anyone have any experience on installing one on their Class C rig?
I have had front end aligned from very reputable truck and R.V. alignment shop and also had Safe T Steer installed but still seems to drift more than I like. Been working with tire pressures and so far seems best with 75 lbs. front and 65 lbs. rear. Any input? Trying best to get Wife to feel more comfortable driving.
I have 26 years driving experience on both Fire Engines and Fire Trucks and realize about time behind the wheel, hence hard to convince Wife about the same.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:39 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Steve,
I installed the rear track bar on my class a. Best mod that I have done. No more getting pushed around by semis or winds

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:58 AM   #3

Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Reducing axle shift is a good thing! I've had Class C rigs that came with them... though B/C/A etc... doesn't change what a Trac Bar does. My Axis didn't have one and adding one tamed tail wag, big time, especially when rolling with a heavy toad.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:03 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Roadmaster sway bars, front & back are a great upgrade and well worth it. My wife and I installed both on our 2017 Axis. Not easy, but saved a lot of money and the results were huge!!!!!
Old 12-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #5

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Not familiar with a Trac Bar. Would you want one even with a sway bar upgrade?
Old 12-09-2017, 06:05 PM   #6

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Illinois
THOR #10076
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
Not familiar with a Trac Bar. Would you want one even with a sway bar upgrade?
Absolutely! Swaybars help to control side-to-side rocking and leaning of the coach. A trackbar helps to keep the rearend centered under the coach and reduces rear-steer by the rear axle.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:28 PM   #7

Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
Absolutely! Swaybars help to control side-to-side rocking and leaning of the coach. A trackbar helps to keep the rearend centered under the coach and reduces rear-steer by the rear axle.
Exactly on the rear steer, good description. Did you install a trac bar on your coach? I have only found "one" on the internet that is built for my 2017 Thor Freedom Elite 22FE. I am not able to do install myself, back issues and no proper tools to do it.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:11 PM   #8

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Illinois
THOR #10076
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
Exactly on the rear steer, good description. Did you install a trac bar on your coach? I have only found "one" on the internet that is built for my 2017 Thor Freedom Elite 22FE. I am not able to do install myself, back issues and no proper tools to do it.
Not yet. I’ve gotten the stereo upgrades done and have an appointment to get the driver seat tweaked to my liking. I’ll start on the mechanicals, next spring.