Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2019, 07:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Trailer People On FL West Coast

SlingThing Trailers

After going through a half dozen custom trailer shops around central Florida and receiving lukewarm responses at best, I finally found one that was very friendly and I could communicate my ideas in a very friendly back and forth atmosphere. While the others were professional and all, they felt more like a "yah, we build trailers, just send us a drawing, money, and we'll build it" without even really understanding the purpose or helping me understand what's neeeded.

The company I found that was very nice but very professional was SlingThing Trailers in Punta Gorda and the persons name was Heather. It quickly became a friendly conversation, instead of the quick "just tell me what you want and give me money" attitude. I don't think they have a regular shop, but hey if the trailer is well built, it doesn't matter if they do it with a magic wand, LOL.

Anyway, just thought I'd put this out there and maybe somebody else won't have to put up with the hunt I did.

Old 07-24-2019, 01:39 AM   #2

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVMichael View Post
SlingThing Trailers

After going through a half dozen custom trailer shops around central Florida and receiving lukewarm responses at best, I finally found one that was very friendly and I could communicate my ideas in a very friendly back and forth atmosphere. While the others were professional and all, they felt more like a "yah, we build trailers, just send us a drawing, money, and we'll build it" without even really understanding the purpose or helping me understand what's neeeded.

The company I found that was very nice but very professional was SlingThing Trailers in Punta Gorda and the persons name was Heather. It quickly became a friendly conversation, instead of the quick "just tell me what you want and give me money" attitude. I don't think they have a regular shop, but hey if the trailer is well built, it doesn't matter if they do it with a magic wand, LOL.

Anyway, just thought I'd put this out there and maybe somebody else won't have to put up with the hunt I did.
ya gotta love Charlotte County Fl.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:48 PM   #3

THOR #11784
Update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVMichael View Post
SlingThing Trailers

Update... Just had a lengthy design conversation with the owners of the custom trailer place and they were patient, helpful, and really listened to my wife and I's ideas. They also suggested several options that will make the trailer much more useable. They also gave me a fairly accurate price to help in my go-no go decision. So far very highly recommended. I'll keep providing updates, but they seem to be the folks to go to in Southwest Florida.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:49 PM   #4

THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
ya gotta love Charlotte County Fl.
Hi cavie,

I saw you were a retired Master Electrician and I have an electrical design question, so I sent you a private message.

Hope you can help!

Thanks,

RVMichael